Is it ok for a boy to like girly anime?

Robbeech90

Dandy Guy, in Space
:eek: hmmmm even though I'm a boy I have more of a girls personality and I crossdress when I RP online maybe thats why I like it but is it ok for a boy in general to like girly anime?

Id say so yeah :D i watch quite alot of anime which would be considered masculine eg Darker than Black , Bleach, Hellsing etc....
So id say a boy can watch female type anime :D
You should watch what you enjoy really!
Taken from a girls point of view! :D

It's fine :) my [male] partner loves stuff like Peach Girl and Kodocha whereas I like Blade of the Immortal and Ikkitousen.

R

I am a proud Cardcaptor Sakura fan. Never mind what people say. If they call you on it, they're the ones that are insecure. Watch what you want and enjoy what you want.

Of course it's okay for you to like whatever kind of anime you want (except, of course, for moe, lolicon or shotacon. That is not okay at all :p).

Link100p said:
CitizenGeek said:
Of course it's okay for you to like whatever kind of anime you want (except, of course, for moe, lolicon or shotacon. That is not okay at all :p).
Being Sarcastic right?

No, liking those genre's is absolutely not okay. In fact, it's the opposite of okay ... it's wrong.

The ":p" smiley was to soften the blow, but I absolutely believe that those genre's are deplorable and as bad as each other :]

CitizenGeek said:
Link100p said:
CitizenGeek said:
Being Sarcastic right?

No, liking those genre's is absolutely not okay. In fact, it's the opposite of okay ... it's wrong.

The ":p" smiley was to soften the blow, but I absolutely believe that those genre's are deplorable and as bad as each other :]

that's down to everyones opinion. People think the same ways about religion, beliefs and Sexuallity, no one has the right to force their opinions on anyone else.

CitizenGeek said:
Religion, faith and sexuality are incomparable to anime and manga. Sorry, your attempt at a clever point isn't working ;]

Like your attempt at maturity, i was beginning there might of been hope for you here, but the past week has gone and shot any of that down.

I'd almost go as far as saying Aion was more mature

But either way, i'm done arguing with you anymore, i'll guess i'll just have to ignore any posts you make here as it's obvious you don't agree with any of mine.

I think it's all due to someones opinion weather they like lolicon, moe or shotacon personaly I like Straight shota pics but thats just because I prefer dominant women.

Ok, Shotacon (had to look at wikipedia for that...) and lolicon are bad in my books, but I dont see Moe as a bad thing, only if you're thinking ill of it.

As for the cross-gender genres, there's nout wrong with that either in my books. I've seen similar "girly" shows to Ryo, and I've enjoyed them.

Chaz said:
Ok, Shotacon (had to look at wikipedia for that...) and lolicon are bad in my books, but I dont see Moe as a bad thing, only if you're thinking ill of it.

As for the cross-gender genres, there's nout wrong with that either in my books. I've seen similar "girly" shows to Ryo, and I've enjoyed them.

oh yes, i agree, loli and shotacon are bad and i don't agree with them at all.

But Moe is a completly different thing, and if people took the time to actually bother researching it and not jump on the "oh it's evil" train, they would see so too.

Ryo Chan said:
Chaz said:

oh yes, i agree, loli and shotacon are bad and i don't agree with them at all.

But Moe is a completly different thing, and if people took the time to actually bother researching it and not jump on the "oh it's evil" train, they would see so too.

I think it's all due to someones opinion weather they like lolicon, moe or shotacon personaly I like Straight shota pics but thats just because I prefer dominant women.

I have no objection a tall to people who like any of the above shows, as i've said many times, it's their choice, who am i to say they're wrong, i admit i personally don't agree with loli or shotacon, but i'm hardly a higher being than anyone else on this forum, and so i have no right to look down on other who de enjoy it.

It's when people do look down on it and make other people who enjoy that sort of stuff feel small, that's what annoys me, who has given them the right to act taller than that person?

A few people here compaire moe to Pedophilia when it's not, and if they bothered to understand the meaning of Moe they'd learn that too, anyway i'm done ranting about Moe and such now, lets just get this topic back on topic.

It's only a stereotype "a man have to be strong, to like football" and "a girl have to be weak, to cook, to like soap opera".

I'm a girl, but I hate soap opera and I like anime like Death Note. :)

People who compare moe to things like lolicon or shotacon obviously have no clue.

I don't particularly care for shotacon or lolicon either, but Kodomo no Jikan was surprisingly entertaining.

Julia81 said:
It's only a stereotype "a man have to be strong, to like football" and "a girl have to be weak, to cook, to like soap opera".

I'm a girl, but I hate soap opera and I like anime like Death Note. :)

yeh I'm a boy but personally I prefer to be in the weak position that girls are stereotipically suposed to be in :)

Back