Inuyasha coming to UK DVD in September

Paul said:
Lets look at the facts for a moment:

- Manga Ent. have released Saikano.
- Manga Ent. are going to release Naruto.
- No other UK company have recently got their hands on a Viz "property".
- Manga Ent. have a track record of releasing anime in boxsets (Heat Guy J and Naruto to name but a few).

It's not rocket science; I'm 95% certain InuYasha will be released by Manga Ent.. :) And indeed, this is really good news- especially if it ends up on Jetix along with Naruto and Oban (fingers crossed).

Exactly. All for Manga Ent. having global domination next say I.

Looking over the play.com page ive realised that it lists japanese as the only language and english subtitles. Is this a mistake or is it not the viz release and missing the english soundtrack?
thats fine i hated the dub anyway

Jamesthom87 said:
Looking over the play.com page ive realised that it lists japanese as the only language and english subtitles. Is this a mistake or is it not the viz release and missing the english soundtrack?

Don't worry, with a release of this size, the English dub will be included.

Ryo Chan said:
thats fine i hated the dub anyway

From what i saw on youtube of the dub... i totally agree with you!

Seemed to have the same effect as the Naruto dub did on me... which is not a good thing!

i like the inuyasha dub its done most by the same people who did the voice for ranma and the ranma dub is great. The inuyasha one is good to and i like is as much as the non dub too.

Ah come on guys, Monica Stori cant help her voice at the end of the day.. if u dunno who im talking about.. go figure.. :twisted:

well sure she is a whiney *censor* which would make the voice perfect, but the one who does pan for the blue water job would be better if they wanted her char to stay like that :)

DaNiMé said:
Gawyn said:
26 episodes on 3 discs equates to almost 9 episodes per disc which while technically possible would still mean horrible quality.

I disagree. Fruits Basket was released with around that amount of episodes per disk and the quality was the same as any other release. I think that it is to do with the fact that it isn't financially viable to have that amount of episodes on a disk with the cost of lisences these days.

I don't know how Funimation managed it with FB though.

The Fruits Basket dvd's were released 6-6-7-7. They got that many episodes per dvd because they used DVD9 dual layer dvds. Most companies use DVD9 nowadays to get more extras on the disc, FUNi/MVM just used the extra space for episodes instead of extras, to save money on dvd costs, i guess.

*edit* Sorry, i didnt know about the no pics ing sigs rule. I have taken it off.

The UK anime community seems to be spoiled for choice this year, what with Manga's Uncut naruto DVDs coming this year, and (if this is indeed true) the new revelation of the Inuasha series. - to be honest I haven't really seen Inuyasha, so it would be good to check it out.

Back