Inuyasha coming to UK DVD in September

I think thats great! :D what really puts me of about anime is the fact that unless you import them (ie buy of the internet) you have to pay ridiculus prices for them. If they have more boxsets like these, were i can jsut get them for £35 from HMV without useing the internet, id be sorted :)

Well I've been interested in Inu Yasha ever since I read Maison Ikkoku (Rumiko Takahashi authored both Manga series, amongst other famous ones), so I'm glad that they're releasing such an affordable boxset. Plus, considering that it's £35 RRP means that the price will inevitably drop after a while, at least with online retailers.

I just hope it's not like Ranma 1/2. (er, the Manga, haven't seen any of the anime) :?

Anyone actually seen parts of this show? Could they tell me what it's like / about?

It's about some girl going back in time and meeting a demon and some crap about this uber powerful jewel which will do anything you want, some demons start coming for the Jewel Inuyasha has, fight, argue, fight, argue. Then some demon brid flies off with the jewel, Kagome shoots it hits the jewel, BAM! Dragonball type adventure, but the girl is the stupid one.

I've just been on UK ANIME and i found this...

InuYasha Update:
I’ve received confirmation that Manga Entertainment ARE NOT the ones behind that sudden appearence of Inu Yasha on the Play.com schedule. So which company is behind its release? No real clues at the moment but Beez and MVM don’t really have much room in their schedules for it and although it’s possible that ADV could have it, it’s a fairly remote possibility.

So... who else is it gonna be? OR do u think this is all a dudd?

My guess was Manga, so now I haven't a clue.

Looking at Inuyasha's production credits, it could be Beez since Sunrise appear to have worked on the animation etc. They are the next logical company, after that, it's anyones' guess.

I wouldn't mind if it were BEEZ, the options after the big four of Manga, BEEZ, MVM and ADV are quite horrendous and not worth contemplating. (And before anyone mentions it again, I doubt it is Viz coming into the UK market since it wouldn't make any sense for them to do so after letting Naruto go to Manga Ent.)

It could be a lot of smoke-and-mirrors. I guess it's just a case of watching the BBFC website for any details or wait until someone owns up.

I checked with MVM, and they said their not the ones behind the release either.. Sigh... I really do hope this isnt a prank rumour. so many fans will be dissapointed, especaially me :cry: :(

Paul said:
My guess was Manga, so now I haven't a clue.

Looking at Inuyasha's production credits, it could be Beez since Sunrise appear to have worked on the animation etc. They are the next logical company, after that, it's anyones' guess.

I don't have a clue either now, i would have thought Beez would be a very unlikely option... they don't do long running series, and the desciption of the box set on play.com indicated very clearly that it was the same type of release as Naruto, and all the other Viz uncut box sets... a typical Manga release. This is rather strange, yet interesting, although i wouldn't know what to expect if it was some random new company, or even one of the other ones like Buena Vista or what ever, or even Sony... Sony would be good, but now i have my doubts that it's even the uncut version :S.

EDIT: In fact, strangely enough i think it may be Viz, even though they let Manga release Naruto, i can't think why, but Viz seem the most likely option.

I had a thought as well that if the release was after October's London Expo, then Manga could be lying... they could just be lying anyway... When's the next anime convention, because it may be announced there.
I also would quite like ADV to get this, although it seems to not be their kind of thing. They seem to be very quiet as of late, but the Saiyuki movie could bring a hint that they are delving into longer series like the Saiyuki saga, with many series. Who knows, i'm going to stop thinking about it now because it's annoying me :S.

Back