Inuyasha coming to UK DVD in September

Series boxsets? Thats quite impressive, I've never particularly liked Inuyasha but I may give it a go, I take it Viz are releasing it?

good to hear more series are comming to the uk, probably due to the competition with the upcomming naruto unctut dvd's which will undoubtably get lots of interest and buyers.
another god thing to see is that it is comming in 3 disc boxsets, instead of the horrific single releases (in the US and Australia) then after a while went to boxset form.
however, this is good to hear, and i may even pick one up ^_^

WOW. this is the best news ive heard in ages.
im very excited about this and its so cheap too. This should help the anime market in the UK grow alot. I wonder if they are planing to show this on TV soon too.

UK INUYASHA DVD SEPT RELEASE

Play.com said that they have listed InuYasha Series 1 box set on their site... although no information about the anime has been verified or confirmed anywhere else... Who reckons this could be a fake or mistake they have made.. reason being is because i've come across quite alot of products in the past that said they are due for release here, but they were only made up rumors or mistakes.... whatta u think? If i've brought anyones hopes down i REALLY do apologise... TBH, I LOVE INUYASHA SOOOO much.. but this only one peice of news from this site kinda makes it all a bit sceptical...

Edit by Paul: Merged from other thread.

i dont think its a mistake. play.com dont usely make mistakes and it has all the eps summer too. (which is right)

i would like to know tho what company is bring this to the UK. if its MVM, manga or could this be the first seire VIZ is bring out here on its own.

Retailers don't just magic entire listings out of nowhere. This must be in the pipeline at one of the companies, somewhere.

I think i'll let my gaurd down for now and agree with you... and i think it could possibly be VIZ... this will come as a surprise... as it will be the first set of viz europe animes... OOOO i'm so excited now.... I've been waiting for 3 years to hear this news... I DO hope its true...

So it finally is coming. Thats a bost in anime, so thats pretty good.
I'm not a big fan of the series, so I won't be buying it, but it is good news for others! :D

It is brilliant news! Only thing though is that i doubt it's from Viz because they sub-licensed Naruto to Manga, and surely Viz would have tried to start off with something they know will be extremely popular before gambling with Inu Yasha...

My bet is that it's from Manga... they seem to be the most likely people to release it.

Well this is good news I have been tempted to import this for a while now. Good to see I can get it from here now :)

I've never seen InuYasha but I'm happy that it'll be more easily accessible to fans now. ^^ It's (nearly) always good to hear that anime is coming over to the UK.

Well, saying that it is series one does not mean the first 26 episodes. I suspect that this will be the first 13 episodes given that it is only on 3 discs. 26 episodes on 3 discs equates to almost 9 episodes per disc which while technically possible would still mean horrible quality.

I don't think this will be Viz Europe since that doesn't exist as a distributor. Viz Media BV is purely a licence holder/promoter and if Viz were planning to make any moves in the UK they would have started with Naruto since that has the most potential for success.

That's just my tuppence worth and I would love to be proved wrong but discounting it being the first 26 episodes it is still excellent news and cheaper than importing the boxes from the US (at standard US charges at least and including import duty).

Looking over the play.com page ive realised that it lists japanese as the only language and english subtitles. Is this a mistake or is it not the viz release and missing the english soundtrack?

Lets look at the facts for a moment:

- Manga Ent. have released Saikano.
- Manga Ent. are going to release Naruto.
- No other UK company have recently got their hands on a Viz "property".
- Manga Ent. have a track record of releasing anime in boxsets (Heat Guy J and Naruto to name but a few).

It's not rocket science; I'm 95% certain InuYasha will be released by Manga Ent.. :) And indeed, this is really good news- especially if it ends up on Jetix along with Naruto and Oban (fingers crossed).

Gawyn said:
26 episodes on 3 discs equates to almost 9 episodes per disc which while technically possible would still mean horrible quality.

I disagree. Fruits Basket was released with around that amount of episodes per disk and the quality was the same as any other release. I think that it is to do with the fact that it isn't financially viable to have that amount of episodes on a disk with the cost of lisences these days.

I don't know how Funimation managed it with FB though.

Back