howdy ho!

botmaster2005

Completely Average High School Student
Hello!
the handle's botmaster2005, don't worry it's nothing to do with spamming, just a fondness for a 90's cartoon called the "Bots Master" and the 2005 being a blatant nod to transformers. I'm a former sailor of the good ship eyeonanime, which kinda drifted off into the mists many months ago.

My anime tastes are mainly old-school 80s 90s cyberpunk (akira, Bubblegum crisis, cyber city) I also like City Hunter and Lupin III or stuff where the characters are pretty confident and do as they please.

I'm also a bit of a mecha fan but its also got to have a bit more going for it than just the purely mecha, so Patlabor's a fave for me and then Mazinkaiser too.

I also enjoy drawing

not sure if this what i was supposed to do for an intro
anyhoo, hello! :D

ilmaestro said:
That will certainly do for an intro! Very excellent anime choices, particular points from me for Patlabor.
thanks :) it took me a while to get hold of the TV boxsets for a good price but it was worth it in the end.

Patlabor was the first anime i saw, i caught it when i must of been around 9 years old and picked it up from the kids section of the video rental store. ....seriously

anyway, i just joined up too, so i guess i can also say welcome!

I want Patlabor so bad, I am tempted to buy it on video. I want to watch the OVA before I get into the movies (not sure I am keen on the TV series).

Anyway, great taste - mecha forever.

EDIT: Oh, and what is going on with eyeonanime?

VivisQueen said:
EDIT: Oh, and what is going on with eyeonanime?
I think it's dead, or at least in stasis-lock.
Rob and Damo just kinda disappeared off the face of the earth so not much new got put on the site for months and their eventual absence from the forums was noticed too as we were a pretty small community.
Eventually things just went quiet on the forums too. It's a shame but I guess it happens. I think it was starting to become a bit of a chore for us, plus we were getting some hiccups on skype when we were trying to record podcasts on conference call although our last recorded-but-unreleased one went by with no issues.
It's a shame it all fizzled out like it did, I'm hoping I might bump into the guys on here and if they ever feel like having another crack at the site I'd happily jump back on board with them.

botmaster2005 said:
Hello!
the handle's botmaster2005, don't worry it's nothing to do with spamming, just a fondness for a 90's cartoon called the "Bots Master" and the 2005 being a blatant nod to transformers. I'm a former sailor of the good ship eyeonanime, which kinda drifted off into the mists many months ago.

I emailed into you guys (the one guy who did lol) asking about the podcast, sucks to see it just stagnate as it is atm.

Hopefully one day the podcast will continue :/

Anyway, welcome to AUKN :)

Tachi- said:
botmaster2005 said:
Hello!

I emailed into you guys (the one guy who did lol) asking about the podcast, sucks to see it just stagnate as it is atm.

Hopefully one day the podcast will continue :/

Anyway, welcome to AUKN :)
Oh heya! :) yeah I kinda hope so too it was fun to make but I guess they want to do something else now, like I said they've pretty much disappeared off the face of the earth. still kinda hoping one day they suddenly return mazinkaiser style with a Kaisa-sku-randa! :D

lol yeah, or like independance day with will smith walking through the desert with a cigar lol.

Are you still going to the Expo? surely they'll be there? :S

Tachi- said:
lol yeah, or like independance day with will smith walking through the desert with a cigar lol.

Are you still going to the Expo? surely they'll be there? :S
expo? moi? I'm never able to go to them as I work saturday evenings :( from what I've heard they've been spotted on XBox live but that was a while ago.

Ahh :/ i guess thats why damien always recorded the expo interviews with panel.

This talk about Botmasters lead me to a google search because i thought it was something else.... turns out i confused it with medabots lol.

Welcome to the forum.

I grew up on 80's and 90's anime as well but I don't share your fondness for them (M.D. Geist was utterly terrible for example).

Back