Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 (thoughts?)

Don't see much in the way of straight forward zombie anime, so that aspect of the show has my attention at least.

I do feel like the fanservice detracts from the drama a bit. It's kind of hard to take it seriously when you're being served up a face full of panties between the horror, though perhaps I'm missing the point and taking it too seriously in the first place? :S

Either way, as far as 'brainless' entertainment goes it seems to fit the bill. I'll keep watching.

Lupus said:
So are the people on MAL giving it 10/10 already.
I don't know, since I don't use MAL for ratings. On the site I visit, though, the show has already received a few ratings and is a bit over 7/10. But I have to wonder the same about the haters giving it the lowest rating. This is going to be an inaccurate ratings fest, that's for sure.
So far (ep. 2) I'd give it a 7/10, so I'm still in sync with the site, at least.

Until the show is over, well and truly, MALs ratings are inaccurate. I don't think they all get added to the overall tally till its finished either.

Ratings aren't reliable on AniDB or MAL unlil about a year after it's finished airing. Neither will let you rate a series untill it has finished anyway.

This is one long rant but...

I hated the manga so I don’t know why I watched the anime.

Episode 1:

If you’re going to reference 28 Days/Weeks Later, even if it's the music, at least make it interesting.

I hated the treatment of Rei on different levels.

When Takashi slapped her and she just blindly followed him I wanted to throttle the Takashi and Rei. Ridiculous.

Her blind faith that Hisashi would live was also ridiculous – damn near everybody knows that once you’re bitten you turn. It was just another excuse for Takashi to get macho-macho aggressive with her. She should have slapped the b*stard back.

Episode 2:

I didn't buy into the zombie science - "They don't react when something hits their body. Their senses are dead. They only respond to sound."

Riiiiiight. When the zombie apocalypse breaks out I want to be with Takagi so she can provide a distraction for the zombies.

On the subject of fan service and breasts… Marikawa and her huge ectoplasmic filled blobs that made that irritating sound and Takagi with her huge breasts and the constant panty shots they endure... I really do despair for males are we really this dumb?

The worst thing about this anime is that I’ll end up watching it because it has zombies.

Must watch Occult Academy insead.

Back