HIDIVE Apps Now Available for iOS and Android

N

NormanicGrav

After a long delay, apps are now beginning to appear for the new streaming service.

HIDIVE began launching their legal streaming service back in June 2017, and ever since more titles and fixes to their Beta website have been added. They also confirmed that app support would be coming but no exact release date was specified. Recently, they began teasing that the app support would finally be making its appearance and now we can confirm that some devices can now access the HIDIVE app!

The HIDIVE app is now available for iOS and Android smartphone devices for free, and much like the website browser version the Freemium owners can watch the episodes without hassle (and with ads but it’s Sentai adverts which is better than you would expect!). The Premium owners can access their latest anime episodes and exclusive titles on the device as well.

We have taken some screencaps of what the app on iOS phones looks like!

Click to view slideshow.
HIDIVE have confirmed that app support for PlayStation 4 is in the works but given the teasing it could be made available sooner than we think.

Continue reading...

HIDIVE have confirmed that app support for PlayStation 4 is in the works but given the teasing it could be made available sooner than we think.
hs32.jpg

Hopefully the PS4 app follows soon as I basically don't use mobile apps unless I'm unwell and stuck in bed. Glad to see they finally got around to them for people who do care though.

Then I guess I'm in the same boat as Dem, this is pretty useless to me. Hope that PS4 app also means an Xbone app too, my PS4 is unplugged at the minute.
Amusingly, my Xbox One is only hooked up so I can use it as a chromecast receiver for watching HiDive in Google Chrome on my laptop.

Finally, still hoping for PS4 but this at least means I can watch Hoozuki on the road without needing to be tethered to a computer.

R

I would still love to see either HiDive or Crunchyroll offer a Download to watch offline option, even if it has some sort of DRM. Its pretty annoying being halfway through an episode and the train hits a low-reception area -_-

(example of DRM... you can only watch an episode 3 times offline before it gets locked. So you could watch the whole Kings Game, 3 times offline before you need to go back online to verify you own the account)

Nah only just got Amazon stick so don't have Kodi. Dloades apps2fire and hidive and then put the ip in for the apps2fire app. Transferred it to TV stick. But it won't let you navigate on the stick and it's half of screen

Back