Hi Y'All! - a poorly structured introduction

ikillgiants

Completely Average High School Student
Hi guys,

well seeing as i'm slowly being devoured by the spiralling vortex that is Anime, Manga and all things Otaku i thought it was time join a forum and spend time in the company of some like minded individuals

i've never really done this introduction thing before but i'm 23, have been into anime for the past 3-4 months and my tastes include:

Anime: Durarara!!, Ghost Hunt, Love Hina Bakuman & FLCL
Manga: Uzumaki, The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service & 20th Century Boys

im also into all the shonen stuff like Naruto & One Piece and am always looking for recommendations

Thanks for reading this,

IKG

Welcome to your first anime/manga forum! Your introduction to manga is pretty excellent. As for anime... seriously, no Cowboy Bebob or Akira yet? Then school has only just begun!

Welcome to the forums!

As for recommendations, I would say start with more Urasawa Naoki series if you liked 20th Century Boys.

VivisQueen said:
Welcome to your first anime/manga forum! Your introduction to manga is pretty excellent. As for anime... seriously, no Cowboy Bebob or Akira yet? Then school has only just begun!

Heh, well, I have been into anime since the Toonami days, and started buying DVDs about 2 or 3 years ago... and I haven't seen either of them yet :oops:

Been waiting for them to get back in print, at least Akira's coming back out... :wink:

ok,

akira & bebop i already have and there currently sitting on my pile of shame

this week my aim is to check out the above along with the rebuilf of evangelion movies

also, has there ever been confirmation of a new season of Ghost Hunt?

they cant leave things like this surely

:O

i'm equally as shocked at the lack of atleast cowboy bebop (please tell me you people have atleast seen the film?)

Ghost in the shell
Akira
Darker than Black
Death Note
Trigun
Ghibli
Tengen toppa Gurren Lagann

COMOOOON YOU PEOPLES lol. First assignment of homework is to start watching the above ASAP!!

Durarara - hmmm.... not really a fan myself. But you like shounen.... so let you off :) have you seen shaman king?

Tachi- said:
Darker than Black
Tengen toppa Gurren Lagann

What the heck are they on the list for? They're not really classics. I liked DtB a lot but... to be honest, Toradora! deserves that spot far more than both of those, imho.

ok ok,

admittedly i wasnt clear in my first post. anime is something i have always been aware of insofar as studio ghbli's output, deathnote etc

however only recently have i decided to make a concerted effort to get into anime on a more serious level i.e. checking out the lesser known shows, full series and manga

i have seen cowboy bebop movie but not the series......i know i know, for shame!!

ikillgiants said:
i have seen cowboy bebop movie but not the series......i know i know, for shame!!

Don't worry; i've not seen anything Cowboy Bebop either, but I'm still an 'Anime fan'. There are so many other classic shows out there to see too. The episodic nature of Cowboy Bebop does somewhat put me off it; although I found Trigun enjoyable despite that...

But anyway yeah; just watch what interests you, not what most people say you "must" see!

Back