Hey guys

MadCapsule

Completely Average High School Student
I've been looking for a UK based anime forum for a while.

My name's Adam, I'm 25 and I live in a little town in Hertfordshire, on the edge of North London.

I've been into anime for longer than I can remember. Not in a big way. I'm more of a dabbler as I'm a bit picky about what I watch. But so long as there's action and lots of it, I'm a happy man.

Just finished watching Gurren Lagann, which I frickin' loved. I've just started watching Hellsing Ultimate. Was a bit scheptical at first, because it's a remake, but my god it's good! I only hope that the remake of Full Metal Alchemist follows the same example.

Anyways, I'm a bit of an all-round geek who watches anime, reads 2000ad, plays video games and even has a Warhammer 40K army. I think my biggest problem is having an interest in far too many things.
I also write, paint, draw, run, canoe, play squash, cycle and I might even take up swimming again if I have the time. I've also just bought myself a masonette which I'm frantically decorating.

So it's all happening in Adam Land. The only downside is that my social circle has shrunk over the years.

Either people have moved away to other cities, to other countries, or they have insanely possessive girlfriends who never let them come out and play.

So I'm here to make some new friends with an interest in anime and other mildly geeky things. So feel free to add me on msn and my facebook is here.

you have the pleasure of I being the first to post in this thread.

I'd say "Hi"

..but i'm afraid you won't hear me for the monitor in the way

Otaku-san said:
you have the pleasure of I being the first to post in this thread.

Too slow, but hello! :)

BlackWolf said:
Hi and welcome to the forum :) i'm sure you'll fit right in with the mad house we have going on here :p out of curisosity what 40K army is it?

Hi BlackWolf, I'm sorry to say that in 40K I am a Tau player.

MadCapsule said:
Hi BlackWolf, I'm sorry to say that in 40K I am a Tau player.

Why are you saying sorry? The Tau are awesome :p they are my second favourite army in 40K and one that i go back to when i get the painting urge.

Hah i can see why since they do have nasty weapons to use but opponents i've played against found my Tyranids more annoying, although its been a really, really long time since i last played with them, well before there last codex update. I was attracted to the tau for that same reason pretty much, i've even got a battlesuit in the colours of the original RX-78 from Gundam

chaos said:
hey there andd welcome. Gurren Lagann, hellsing ultimate and FMA, some epic stuff there.

Do you have any recommendations for someone like me?
Black Lagoon is alread on my 'must watch' list.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Just been teaching my work colleagues how to eat with chop sticks after we ordered Chinese takeaway for lunch today. :D

Howdy and welcome to the forums.
Hah i would've suggested Black Lagoon, but you've already got it planned, so may as well think of something else....erm..Berserk is worth a look into as well as Gundam, of course thats if you like Gundam.

On Ultimate and the new FMA, i'm much preferring them myself because they stick to the manga for both, so in my eyes, they are far superior, i just wish we'd get Ultimate V released sooner rather than later. I need to finish TTGL as well, but i'm holding out for the DVD's being released here.

Ryo Chan said:
welcome to the mad house :D

and another tau collecter \o/

Hooray for Tau! \o/

Arbalest said:
Howdy and welcome to the forums.

On Ultimate and the new FMA, i'm much preferring them myself because they stick to the manga for both, so in my eyes, they are far superior, i just wish we'd get Ultimate V released sooner rather than later. I need to finish TTGL as well, but i'm holding out for the DVD's being released here.

Is the Hellsing manga worth buying.
I have been tempted by it for a while.

Basically, if you're watching Hellsing Ultimate, you are basically literally watching an animated version of the manga. So if you enjoy one, i think you'll enjoy the other, i certainly am. The only thing with the manga is we are still waiting for the final volume to be released.

Otaku-san said:
MadCapsule said:
chaos said:
hey there andd welcome. Gurren Lagann, hellsing ultimate and FMA, some epic stuff there.

Do you have any recommendations for someone like me?
Black Lagoon is alread on my 'must watch' list.

In b4 Spyro

..GiTS

DAAAAYM.

He beat me to it. Watch GitS. Seriously. It's the best.

With Hunter Robin- Lots of actoin there.

Darker than BLACK is also well worth a watch. I enjoyed that alot.

Black Lagoon- but it's already on the must watch list.

Appleseed if your into movies is a good choice.

And if you're open to Shounen, Bleach is always good.

But seriously- watch Ghost in the Shell (GitS)

Back