Hatsune Miku’s Live Party 2011 in Singapore Live-Stream

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
Nico Nico Douga will stream a live Hatsune Miku performance named "HATSUNE MIKU Live Party 2011 in Singapore" on the 11th of November.

Miku Hatsune Studio Recording by Mercury Rex, on Flickr

She will be performing a live 3D concert in Singapore at the Anime Festival Asia event. Miku will be accompanied by five live musicians and holographic 3D technology which will allow Hatsune Miku to dance and sing on stage as if she were alive.

Miku is a virtual pop idol causing a storm in the music world. Powered by Yamaha’s Vocaloid (Vocal+Android) technology which enables users to synthesize singing by typing in the lyrics and melody, Hatsune Miku has developed a major fan-base, thanks in part to the support of Nico Nico Douga and its users. Here's a taster of what she is like:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTXO7KGHtjI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTXO7KGHtjI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Now Nico Nico Douga is allowing users the chance to watch her first concert outside of Japan!

This is a Pay Per View Live streaming, and it would only be viewable from the account which have paid for the ticket.

◆Title : HATSUNE MIKU Live Party in Singapore 2011

◆Date & Time:Fri, Nov 11, 2011 03:00AM (PST)
              Fri, Nov 11, 2011 19:00PM (Singapore)

◆Price :US$ 11.00
 L The ticket can be bought up until the 11th of November 2011, 3:00AM PST.

◆Ticketing Details & Live Streaming can be found <a href="http://live.niconico.com/gate/lv68887322">here</a>. 

Wow, I've never heard of this before.

Its simaltaneously rather impressive and slightly pathetic. Impressive because of the technology of that hologram, but rather sad that all those people were going mental over what is essentially just a pre recorded video... and the music was obviously dire too but thats a given I suppose.

I also can't shake the feeling of this going wrong and ending up in some kind of mad diaster, due to my having seen that Macross movie too many times lol.

I'm not that interested in this since the tickets are relatively expensive and I don't like Miku herself. I'm sure the massively superior Kagamine duo will appear as they usually do, but the value for money ratio is skewed for me considering a home video version is inevitable anyway :D

I was sort of tempted by the London event coming up but the time is no good for me.

Vash, you have seriously never heard of Vocaloid? Don't be such a grump all the time :p

R

vashdaman said:
I also can't shake the feeling of this going wrong and ending up in some kind of mad disaster, due to my having seen that Macross movie too many times lol.
Well She ain't no Sharon Apple. And if she ain't Sharon Apple, I don't give a rat's *BLEEEP!*
Sorry couldn't resist. :D

Haha, sorry I do apologize, I don't mean to be such a grand dad all the time. But no I have not heard of this Vocaloid (nor understand what it even is) or this hologram singer.

You are in anime fandom, on the internet, and you have never heard of Miku... I feel like I'm being trolled. ^^;

As for the show, like Rui says, just gonna grab the BD in a couple of weeks time, although it would have been kind of cool to be able to go to the one in London.

Don't listen to propaganda like this

Rui said:
the massively superior Kagamine duo

though. Rui's avatar has an eye-patch, and can't be trusted.

Anything Miku can do, Rin can do better! Then Len is just the icing on the cake :D

Vash: Even if you don't like the songs you have heard, Vocaloid has done wonderful, wonderful things for independent musicians who want to start with some vocals but don't have a singer to hand. Because so many people use the software to make music, there will be songs you hate and songs you like, but either way I think it's a fantastic invention that's brought a lot of interesting electronic indie music into my collection.

R

I'm also surprised that you haven't heard of Miku, Vashdaman. She is everywhere online. I get the feeling that she'll take over the world and we'll be forced to worship at her altar. Or something.

This feels kinda like what Gorrilaz do at their concerts. I'm not a fan off miku either, but this is some pretty intense magic.

I feel sorry for the guy who tries to run up to give her flowers

Rui said:
the massively superior Kagamine duo

Silly Rui, That's not how you spell "Kasane Teto"
:p

You are in anime fandom, on the internet, and you have never heard of Miku... I feel like I'm being trolled. ^^;

No, I had never heard of this.
I get pretty much 95% of my anime news from this site though so don't spend time trawling through anime fandom on the net. Also my motto is to fanatically avoid all internet communities (aside from this one) as much as I can and that includes Facebook.

Even if you don't like the songs you have heard, Vocaloid has done wonderful, wonderful things for independent musicians who want to start with some vocals but don't have a singer to hand. Because so many people use the software to make music, there will be songs you hate and songs you like, but either way I think it's a fantastic invention that's brought a lot of interesting electronic indie music into my collection.

So judging from this post, am I right in my understanding that Vocaloid is some kind of computer program that "sings " what you program it too and thus replaces the need for Human singers, and this is what the hologram singer is running on? Woldn't the singing be incredibly lacking emotion and depth and personality though?

I'm also surprised that you haven't heard of Miku, Vashdaman. She is everywhere online. I get the feeling that she'll take over the world and we'll be forced to worship at her altar. Or something.

Really, its that big? I guess I might have seen a pic of that hologram singer somewhere but it looks like such a generic anime character I would have forgot instantly.
This is only further fueling my significant paranoia of machines and being replaced by one.....

I like Teto more than Miku, but that's not saying much.

vashdaman said:
So judging from this post, am I right in my understanding that Vocaloid is some kind of computer program that "sings " what you program it too and thus replaces the need for Human singers, and this is what the hologram singer is running on? Woldn't the singing be incredibly lacking emotion and depth and personality though?

It sounds rubbish on paper, but the amount of passion and terrifying skill that some of the musicians have can make the Vocaloids sound just as good as a real singer. They can spend hundreds of hours tweaking every single note. When you get to that level, it's not too different to the amount of tweaking real singers have done to their voices in the recording process :p

Just imagine the singer's own vocal control is being managed by the musician in charge of the project instead of a dedicated vocalist - there's still human talent involved. Because the Vocaloids aren't limited to the same constraints with being able to sustain difficult notes or enunciate nicely at high speeds, there are some types of song where they can outperform human singers, which I find exciting as it leads to more of a variety in all the music out there. I also find the familiarity of a vocalist I like encourages me to try music by new creators.

I'm quite busy this weekend but I'll post some samples of the superior Kagamine songs if nobody beats me to it at some point.

R

Hmm, sounds interesting Rui but quite terrifying at the same time if what you say is true! Personally I don't think I could ever bring myself to take it seriously though...I mean its just so...holographic anime singers, seriously?

doesn't even know basic acronyms

ROLF. Also I've just created my own new internet acronyms TSTSHF and TANSF. Big ups to the first person who works out what they mean. First clue: they both have the same theme running through them. lol

vashdaman said:

Really, its that big? I guess I might have seen a pic of that hologram singer somewhere but it looks like such a generic anime character I would have forgot instantly.
This is only further fueling my significant paranoia of machines and being replaced by one.....

Trawling through anime forums is part of my job and she is quite prolific. I must admit to being charmed by a few of her songs so if she's in need of a high priest for her new religion or something I am available. Seriously though, the tech behind her looks awesome.

Rui said:
Anything Miku can do, Rin can do better! Then Len is just the icing on the cake :D

Vash: Even if you don't like the songs you have heard, Vocaloid has done wonderful, wonderful things for independent musicians who want to start with some vocals but don't have a singer to hand. Because so many people use the software to make music, there will be songs you hate and songs you like, but either way I think it's a fantastic invention that's brought a lot of interesting electronic indie music into my collection.

R

I totally love the Vocaloid used in Paprika's opening =D

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I totally love the Vocaloid used in Paprika's opening =D
That wasn't a vocaloid, that was Susumu Hirasawa.

I have no less than 25 CD's and counting filled to the max with Hatsune Miku and Megurine Luka mp3s from various artists most of which are readily available on Spotify now. My car stereo never stops playing it. It's like crack to my ears. :wink:

Back