Happy 2017 AUKN

Happy New Year guys. What are your plans/aspirations etc?

This is an interesting question because 2017 is actually a big year for me personally. For starters, I only have 4-5 months left of University and after that I basically graduate and hopefully be able to get a paid job. I'm aiming for a 2.1 overall and I'm confident that I'll be able to achieve this year compared to my second year (which ended up being a low 2.2), though the final year project module could heavily affect the result if it goes wrong.

Outside of that I aim to finish off more of my gaming backlog and anime backlog. I would like to try and get more Vita and PS3 games before they go completely out of print because there are still a big amount of titles that I want to own physically.

Happy New Year everyone, may 2017 be kind to you all!

My plans are pretty boring, I just hope to have a better year than 2016, which tbf wasn't exactly bad.

I've also started working out more often, more for fitness than anything else although the fact the fat around my stomach is vanishing is a bonus as I somehow managed the trick of being pretty skinny but fat at the same time, sounds attractive, right? :p

Tbh I'd just like to start looking after myself as I'm getting old lol I guess not being so lazy would also be nice as my social life has went down the toilet these past few years (down to said laziness more than anything else), all in all I'm just looking to still be around for 2018....

Happy New Year guys. What are your plans/aspirations etc?

2017 marks the year i get even closer to my dream of owning my own property! 16-18 month's of saving left (hopefully)!

Good luck with that. My main ambitions for the year are kind of linked to each other, and they are find a better paying job which I enjoy more, and as a consequence start paying off my student overdraft. I live paycheque to paycheque at the moment and it's not terribly much fun.

I want to read/watch more of my physical anime and manga backlog (Particularly stuff I've not seen before, stuff I've already seen by other means is less of a priority.) I also want to watch more J and K-drama.

I want to keep my learning Japanese as consistent as I can. I've been doing reasonably well at it the past year or so, but not as well as I'd have liked. I've found a few apps which are helping though.

I also want to try and get back into swimming more regularly.

My New Year's Resolution for this year is to finally quit anime, I've been struggling for many years but the counseling and the interventions here have been a great help and hopefully I can finally live a happy and sin free life in 2017. I couldn't have got this far without all your help.

My New Year's Resolution for this year is to finally quit anime, I've been struggling for many years but the counseling and the interventions here have been a great help and hopefully I can finally live a happy and sin free life in 2017. I couldn't have got this far without all your help.
I hear they give you a coin or something if you stay clean for 6 months.

Happy New Year guys. What are your plans/aspirations etc?.

My main desire for myself in 2017 is to become a better person by being less negative about myself. I need to give myself a bit more love, since I'm so harsh on myself and I don't want to annoy others by always saying that I'm not good enough, I'm a waste of space, etc.
I also need to overcome my in-exam panic since I'm doing my GCSEs this year and I'd rather not screw them up (owo)b

Besides that, I'd like to learn to cook more.

My new years resolution is to stop overthinking things. It stresses me out when almost 90% of the time there's nothing to be worried about.

Impatience is something I need to tackle at some point also lol.

Happy new year to all! May this year be better than the last.

I guess my goal for this year is to be more optimistic. And survive WW3.

Happy New Year Everyone. I hope the next year is good for you all.

As for my goals, I guess progressing in my job and studies would be the main one. (After JoJo and Legend of the Galactic Heroes getting Blu Ray releases, of course)

I hear they give you a coin or something if you stay clean for 6 months.

If you pay £40 you get the coin in Collectors packaging with a booklet, postcards and stickers!

Happy New Year Everynyan~!

I haven't really got anything major in terms of goals throughout the year, I guess losing a bit more weight will be on my agenda, I've trimmed around a stone off across the year, hoping I'm able to acheive that again at the very least...maybe a bit more.

Also will be partaking in the 1p Saving Challenge, Which for those a bit unsure means: On day 1 you save 1p, then On day 2 you save 2, On day 3 you save 3p, And so on until you get to the end of the year and you would have saved £667.95. I always lament about the lack of pennies when it comes to Christmas time, so what better way to start saving than now. Let's see if I can keep up with it!

Last edited:
Happy New Year folks.

Is it bad I have no real goals or aims for the next year? I did sit here for a good few minutes contemplating, but I genuinely have nothing.
I suppose it depends on whether that's because you feel pretty content with the way things are or if it's because you want things to change but don't know how to go about it. If it's the first one then you're probably fine, if it's the second one then I guess your goal should be to search for new possibilities.

Still, sometimes being too focussed on specific goals can distract you from other opportunities. Maybe there's something to be said for taking things as they come.

Happy New Year folks.

I suppose it depends on whether that's because you feel pretty content with the way things are or if it's because you want things to change but don't know how to go about it. If it's the first one then you're probably fine, if it's the second one then I guess your goal should be to search for new possibilities.

Still, sometimes being too focussed on specific goals can distract you from other opportunities. Maybe there's something to be said for taking things as they come.

I think it's more the fact that I want things to change but I know I lack any sort of willpower or motivation to change things. Sure, I could do with some weight loss, but I know I'm too lazy to go to the gym and I like eating food too much. Sure, I could do with being more social and getting out the house, but I don't really have the confidence to, nor am I particularly fussed about doing so anyway.

Happy New Year! I guess, if it's not too late to make such wishes....

I think my goal for the year is to be happier, or at least to finally achieve a better resting state than chaotic neutral, whilst spending less money. Starting with my forthcoming trip to Vietnam. I should be happy, rather than nervous (but there's no chance of that happening)...

^ just don't order 'false dog meat' while at a restaurant lol. It's not dog meat sure, but it is cat.
People keep warning me not to try egg with chicken foetus in it. The more they talk about it, the more tempted I am to try it... :D

In all seriousness, chicken foetus is probably a no from me, but I wouldn't be especially upset by cat or dog. I've had my shots, I'll be fine...

Back