Gundam Unicorn - 7 minute streaming preview!

Sorry if this been mentioned before, but does it seem a bit silly not to have Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn rated by the BBFC.

Looking as it only 50 minutes long the BBFC fees would not be that expensive, £675 for both English and Japanese rated. With no BBFC it would certainty limit it sale potential if it was only sold on their on-line shop. I would assume they would loses more through sales than they would save with not having it rated by the BBFC

Also not having Video rated by the BBFC can be dangerous road to follow. As the offer protection against any potential flak if a release has scenes not considered appropriate for the UK. As it wouldn't be BEEZ is fault but BBFC as they passed fit for UK release.

Dave said:
Sorry if this been mentioned before, but does it seem a bit silly not to have Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn rated by the BBFC.

Looking as it only 50 minutes long the BBFC fees would not be that expensive, £675 for both English and Japanese rated. With no BBFC it would certainty limit it sale potential if it was only sold on their on-line shop. I would assume they would loses more through sales than they would save with not having it rated by the BBFC

Also not having Video rated by the BBFC can be dangerous road to follow. As the offer protection against any potential flak if a release has scenes not considered appropriate for the UK. As it wouldn't be BEEZ is fault but BBFC as they passed fit for UK release.

As I have said before it is a decision outside of our hands and steps are being made to consider the best solution for future volumes.

Re cost of BBFC'ing: Keep in mind though this isn't the only problem - packaging costs come up then especially as US and UK BDs are printed together.

beez_andrew said:
Re cost of BBFC'ing: Keep in mind though this isn't the only problem - packaging costs come up then especially as US and UK BDs are printed together.

??? Stick certificate stick on cover surely wouldn't be that much of expense.

Dave said:
beez_andrew said:

Think it has to be printed on the disk. Which would be the problem.

FUNI (revelation) actually did just sticker them on their boxset releases.

Reaper gI said:
Dave said:
beez_andrew said:

Think it has to be printed on the disk. Which would be the problem.

FUNI (revelation) actually did just sticker them on their boxset releases.

You just mentioned the cheap and simple solution for that :). I don't see why the disc has to having rated put on the disc when it already on the DVD cover?

I have quite commonly seen DVD's having different ratings on DVD than advertised on the the actual cover . :?

Dave said:
I have quite commonly seen DVD's having different ratings on DVD than advertised on the the actual cover . :?

That happens with box sets alot didn't think it happened with singles. Each disk has a cert individualy remeber.
Box sets normally take the highest rating of any disk in them. The exception being if it's a combination of PG and 12 stuff, which might end up lower overall.

Reaper gI said:
Dave said:

That happens with box sets alot didn't think it happened with singles. Each disk has a cert individualy remeber.
Box sets normally take the highest rating of any disk in them. The exception being if it's a combination of PG and 12 stuff, which might end up lower overall.

Seen cases of covers having rating on them higher/lower ratings than any of the discs included.

Back