GTA IV

McIcy

Mushi-shi
GTA IV

TRAILER

Well it should be out sometime in the new year on both PS3 and Xbox360 and its about time, I got rather upset when it wasn't released in Autumn 07 but the wait has just made me want it so much more. Plus it has meant that I have been able to save my money for a while rather than having to buy a PS3 last year :D

So first some news for you all:

The Trailer is OUT the full trailer is out and show cases some of the games characters, I downloaded the hi-def version as the details when you rewatch it reall stand out, mussel flashes from guns refleacted in windows, puddle splashes and fine mists of blood. TRAILER

Some New Tweaks

Blood will stain your clothes and the police will become suspicious if they see you walking through the streets coloured red from head top toe.
Taxi's - The city is big enough that you will need to steal a car or in a new addition take a taxi to where you wanna go.
Gunfights are a big part of the GTA world and in prvious versions you could just strap on a bullet proof vest and not care about how much damage you took or where you were shot run shoot and occasionally crouch were all you needed, but not anymore. You can now see the damage every bullet does so getting hit is not a good idea, to combat this you can now slide up against walls and hide behind cars while shooting.
Graphics all you can really say is wow, a huge city and the details are astounding, faces are all photo recognisable, post it notes can actually be read, enter a club and the room is filled with smoke

At the moment the release date is seen as being Spring time around the end of May so we still have a while to wait but that just means longer to save up for the console

I was looking forward to it, then it got delayed and i lost interest for the time being.
For me though, those tweaks arn't enough to warrant me getting excited.
It doesn't seem like they've added much more than was in San Andread.
I loved GTA3 and Vice City, especially GTA3 as it was the first time i 3d i could mow down old ladies and run people over in cars, i was laughing for hours. I guess the novelty ran off by San Andreas as i didn't like it too much.
What i'd like to see in IV is when you shoot a pedestrian or whoever in the arm or leg they don't die, they hobble or clutch that body part etc it would make it so much more realistic.
I liked Saints Row, which let's be honest a blatant rip off in every way just adding little bits. So i hope GTA4 can bring something new to the genre.
And they best keep all the awesome stupid cheats, when i've finished the game it's theres nothing better than putting the cheats on and pissing about :)
Any gameplay videos out?

Oh my gawsh i cant wait! Multiplayer is gonne be soo good (it has multiplayer right?). GIVE IT NOW! Although im looking forward to SSBB more to be honest >.<

I've given up watching all the Trailers.. There has been like what now.. 5. I really don't have any interest in getting this game anymore. Its smacking 50 big ones down to buy a game that really doesn't look that good. I mean, The characters really look meh. R* Fanboys say "They were going for a 'Cartoonish' effect" Well, that doesn't mean like they have to look like ****. The scenery and stuff looks purty though. ;p Even planes aren't in this game anymore, That really makes it look like nothing more than a average game. I still MIGHT get the game. Ev'ry one will be raving about it. As they do with every GTA game.

I'm looking forward to FFXIII more than anything at the moment; It'll be the first FF game I will own.

That trailer has been out for a couple months so i wouldn't say its new. Though it does look better than SA at least as that was really boring in the end. I don't know what to expect as yet. Still early days in my opinion, but we'll see if i will get it closer to the time.

I'm not that excited by the idea of a "realistic" GTA. THe cartoon-ish look of Vice City and San Andreas worked excellently for GTA. I'm more looking forward to the soundtrack (and the radio talk sections) than the game itself!

CitizenGeek said:
I'm not that excited by the idea of a "realistic" GTA. THe cartoon-ish look of Vice City and San Andreas worked excellently for GTA. I'm more looking forward to the soundtrack (and the radio talk sections) than the game itself!

Same here, i remeber taking a tour around all of san andreas while listening to the radio, it was either Radio X or the chat show station hosted by lazlow.

Arbalest said:
That trailer has been out for a couple months so i wouldn't say its new. Though it does look better than SA at least as that was really boring in the end. I don't know what to expect as yet. Still early days in my opinion, but we'll see if i will get it closer to the time.

ofcourse it looked better than san an... san an sucked major donkey balls!

but THIS... this is ball tickling dick pickling fanny flicking technocolour soregasmy goodness... CAN NOT WAIT!

McIcy said:
I love the talk radio station, I am currently re-playing Vice City and there are some brilliant stations on there

Aye i love the radio stations too, Lazlo is a legend and the commercials are great. Anyone remember Pogo the Monkey?
GTA3 and Chatterbox was legendary and the rock station on Vice city was class, infact the whole soundtrack to Vice City was class. I could never get that apparent Michael Jackson cheat to work though, gutted.

gotta say, i love the latest trailer

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfhZfSVuup4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfhZfSVuup4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

i thought i'd bump this up after reading an interesting article in The Times today. This is only part of it, if i find the whole article online i'll post it up to, but anyway:

Industry experts predict that GTA IV will generate $400million(£201million) in its first week of sales alone, the same figure 'Gone with the Wind' has grossed internationally since 1939

His rampage through Liberty City, a meticulously rendered New York, reflects the rise of a 70 million-selling video game franchise that has become so powerful that Holywood Studios regard the new game as a threat to their action blockbusters

It also mentioned that the game has had record pre-orders according to retailers. Its actually quite interesting and funny, well i guess the funny part really is how Holywood Studios is worried about this title going on sale, as if its really going to damage them severly.

Back