Great British comedy

I've never "got" The Mighty Boosh.

I watch Black Books, The IT Crowd, QI, Have I Got News For You (yes Im classing those as comedy lol) and Monty Python etc

Mollfie said:
I've never "got" The Mighty Boosh.

I watch Black Books, The IT Crowd, QI, Have I Got News For You (yes Im classing those as comedy lol) and Monty Python etc

If were classing shows like Have I got news for you and QI as comedies then I like Mock the week and 8 out of 10 cats :D

Yagami said:
I like the Mighty Boosh. It was good when it first started, but then got worse. 1st Series > Awesome. 2nd Series > Good. 3rd Series > Ok.

I remember listening to the radio series years ago and was a fan from then on throughout the first and second series. I saw them live too and they were fantastic. But now there seems to be this whole 'boosh mania' where it's the in thing to like it regardless if you get it or not. I hate it when people abandon things they like once it becomes 'mainstream' so I havn't done that. But the last series was definitely no where near as good as the first two. And I think the Boosh festival the lads put on was a bit cheesy if i'm honest. When I think of them I always just remember how amazing they were live and it reminds me of how funny they actually are.

Other comedy shows I like would include The Young Ones, Bottom, The IT Crowd, Father Ted, Nathan Barley (fantastic by the way), Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, Red Drawf, Phoenix Nights, Spaced and I'm Alan Partridge.

Dracos said:
Black Books was great, but I think there were less truley funny episodes with each new series.

I love the 1st series, the 2nd not so much, the 3rd there are a few awesome episodes...but I see what you mean.

I dont understand people not liking IT Crowd, I find it really funny, but alot of my friends just sit there.

TRASHBAT said:
Yagami said:
I like the Mighty Boosh. It was good when it first started, but then got worse. 1st Series > Awesome. 2nd Series > Good. 3rd Series > Ok.

I remember listening to the radio series years ago and was a fan from then on throughout the first and second series. I saw them live too and they were fantastic. But now there seems to be this whole 'boosh mania' where it's the in thing to like it regardless if you get it or not. I hate it when people abandon things they like once it becomes 'mainstream' so I havn't done that. But the last series was definitely no where near as good as the first two. And I think the Boosh festival the lads put on was a bit cheesy if i'm honest. When I think of them I always just remember how amazing they were live and it reminds me of how funny they actually are.

Yep. Exactly; Their radio show was great!

Sometimes that mitchell and webb look can be good; I liked the sketches like "Numbawang", etc.

The only british comedy that got into me was Monty Python.
Can't really remember of any other one that I've liked that much. "Shaun of the dead" was really good as well. Other than that, I like things like Get Smart, not holding my breath for the movie, but I still think it's going to be enjoyable.

American News Channels serve more of a purpose. The news host was talking to an attorney and got him to go do stuff for her. I found it rather epic.

Mollfie said:
I dont understand people not liking IT Crowd, I find it really funny, but alot of my friends just sit there.
The show is fairly geek-centric, I guess that is the reason. I originally thought it was hilarious for the first and second season. This was until I saw the American go at a nerd sitcom, The Big Bang Theory and blew it totally out of the window. Its generally much funnier, and less annoying all around.

British Comedy. I used to like Peep Show until they seemed desperate in the last series. It was crude and cringeworthy to watch. Err.. I like most shows, if they are on. The Office is brilliant, Extras isn't as good but its still very funny.

..Most of the things I'm thinking are fairly funny, But.. It seems so dirty, and has many things wrong with it for long term humour. So, I can't think of any.

(Only Fools will always be awesome, btw.)

kupoartist said:
The BBC News channel. It is now entirely indistinguishable from its prequel series, The Day Today.

Haha The Day Today was genius, also loved Brass Eye.
Can you believe people used to randomly tune in and think it was real.

"1977 no one died"

hmm. Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Hale and Pace, The Mary Whitehouse Experience, Fawlty Towers, Vicar of Dibley, French and Saunders, The Real McKoy(McCoy?), Benny Hill, Kenny Everett show (sometimes), Allo allo :lol: , The Two Ronnies. I can't rememeber the names of the others I missed out.

Snuff Box is a great show. It stars Matt Berry (Sanchez in Dark Place) and Rich Fulcher (Bob Fossil in The Boosh). I guess it's a sketch show of sorts, but seethingly original and of course, very funny.

MechAnnoyed said:
Snuff Box is a great show. It stars Matt Berry (Sanchez in Dark Place) and Rich Fulcher (Bob Fossil in The Boosh). I guess it's a sketch show of sorts, but seethingly original and of course, very funny.

Agree :D

Hmm... I'm a big Whose Line Is It Anyway fan, does that count? (Though then again... does Dave still show the UK version? Haven't seen it in a while...)

And I'll also watch odd episodes of The Mighty Boosh, The IT Crowd and Mock The Week. Those and Lee Evans. Paramount Comedy always seems to show Lee Evans shows...

Back