Great British comedy

Robbeech90

Dandy Guy, in Space
Hey here you can talk about and discuss your favourite great british comedy anything from the Vicor of Dibley to Faulty tower from Little britain to the mighty boosh and all things in between ^^

I like the Mighty Boosh. It was good when it first started, but then got worse. 1st Series > Awesome. 2nd Series > Good. 3rd Series > Ok.

Hmmm.... I loved Fawlty Towers but always felt there wasn't enough episodes. On the other hand it mite have ruined it.

I want to get into the Mighty Boosh too, only seen a few random episodes (random being the important word) and loved it. Never seen a full series tho.

The Mighty Boosh, Black Books, Dark Place and of course Spaced are a few of my favourites but there's too many great British comedies i could mention.

LukasROAR said:
The Mighty Boosh, Black Books, Dark Place and of course Spaced are a few of my favourites but there's too many great British comedies i could mention.
Add all those to my favourites too. How the hell did I firget about Dark Place.

"Hi. I'm Dr Sanchez!" :lol:

Voddas said:
LukasROAR said:
Add all those to my favourites too. How the hell did I firget about Dark Place.

"Hi. I'm Dr Sanchez!" :lol:

Hahah tis a classic you have good taste mr, so gutted they never made a 2nd series :(

"I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything." Dr Sanchez

LukasROAR said:
Hahah tis a classic you have good taste mr, so gutted they never made a 2nd series :(

"I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything." Dr Sanchez
Too true mon.
Also gutted that Spaced had a short running time. We did get two series out of it at least though. To be honest, teher hasn't been any random based series I've enjoyed out for a while. That sux.

"It's as I feared. She turning into broccoli!"

Voddas said:
Also gutted that Spaced had a short running time. We did get two series out of it at least though. To be honest, teher hasn't been any random based series I've enjoyed out for a while. That sux.

I'm probably setting myself up for a flaming here, but I liked the IT Crowd. Can't understand for the life of me why people say it's worse the Graham Linehan's other shows (Father Ted and Black Books) the comedy is almost exactly the same - set up implausable situations which tend to come to a head towards the end of the episode, with a good dose of randomness and (bizarre) character based humour thrown in.

ayase said:
Voddas said:

I'm probably setting myself up for a flaming here, but I liked the IT Crowd. Can't understand for the life of me why people say it's worse the Graham Linehan's other shows (Father Ted and Black Books) the comedy is almost exactly the same - set up implausable situations which tend to come to a head towards the end of the episode, with a good dose of randomness and (bizarre) character based humour thrown in.
::prepares flame thrower::

Hah, that is another series that I did actually enjoy, however, like the Mighty Boosh, I've only seen the odd episode so the long running jokes didn't make as uch sense. Wouldn't say no to watching the series from the start tho.

I've only seen odd eps of Mighty boosh and i thought it was okay. Love Spaced, regulary watch it around friends with the homage meter on. Though i like Black Adder (all seasons) and Red Dwarf (all seasons except season 8)

BlackWolf said:
Though i like Black Adder (all seasons) and Red Dwarf (all seasons except season 8)
lol Season 8 was that. I love Black Adder too. It just got better as the serires went on. Very final episode was a classic too (not including Back&Forth).

Voddas said:
BlackWolf said:
Though i like Black Adder (all seasons) and Red Dwarf (all seasons except season 8)
lol Season 8 was that. I love Black Adder too. It just got better as the serires went on. Very final episode was a classic too (not including Back&Forth).

lol i forgot about 8 ) being the smily code for 8) yeah i didn't think back & forth was that bad to be honest it wasn't the best, what did you think of Blackadders christmas carol?

Good, I think... to be honest, both Back&Forth and Christmas Carol are a lil hazey in my memory. Guessing it'll have been classic Atkinson and crew like.

Christmas Carol is brilliant. The role reversal and resulting innocent double-entendres from "nice" Blackadder crack me up every time. That and the "Christmas Future" dream sequence XD

ayase said:
Voddas said:

Huh.........I love Father Ted

ayase said:
Christmas Carol is brilliant. The role reversal and resulting innocent double-entendres from "nice" Blackadder crack me up every time. That and the "Christmas Future" dream sequence XD

lol but which Christmas Future :p shame i can only bring myself to watch it near chirstmas time

I loved the seasons of Blackadder with Queenie and Prince George most of all though it was all good. Red Dwarf (until the season where they brought that woman in), Blackadder and Monty Python are the only ones to make my list.

R

Will have to watch the Blackadder Carol for a refresh. Chuckling at the thought now.

"Boldrick, the chances of you coming up with a cunning plan are about as high as the ankle socks on a midget. A midget standing in a very deep hole infact!"
:lol:

Back