German Pocky hits the uk?

I like pocky, but the first time I had it I stuck it in the fridge and it didnt taste that great. But if you leave it out so its kinda melted its pretty good =D

I brought some the other day and I quite enjoyed though I will still be going to the shop in town that does them as they have my favourite flavour strawberry

Hokum said:
Like rocky but with a P... its basicly like biscuit with chocolate on...

Ta Hokum

Looks interesting, but I probaly won't buy any of it if I see it on sale.
I'm not really a fan of chocolate. :roll:

To change the subject slightly, I wouldn't mind trying Onigiri or those Octopus ball things. (Takeyoki? Correct me on this, please)

Gundam Junkie said:
To change the subject slightly, I wouldn't mind trying Onigiri or those Octopus ball things. (Takeyoki? Correct me on this, please)

Takoyaki ;)

Onigiri and anpan are obtainable in big cities like London if you know where to go. I haven't seen any takoyaki at all in the UK - but then I don't eat meat so haven't really looked. I suppose Japanese schools over here might do them for festivals, and there's a chance you can buy them in Asian groceries pre-prepared. I bet they wouldn't be as good as the fresh ones that way though.

R

Cheers.

Hmmm... I live in a small town, so I doubt I'd see any on sale.
(Unless they sell them somewher in Lowestoft, a nearby big town).
Admittadly I've seen Jap food in my local Morrisons but I tend to avoid supermarkets.

Oh gawd, I'm straying from the subject.
Hmm... oh yes. Pocky.

:?

Gundam Junkie said:
Admittadly I've seen Jap food in my local Morrisons but I tend to avoid supermarkets.
The Pocky in question is present in many Tesco branches. I've also seen Nissin Cup Noodle.

I went and got some of this the other day, it isn't to bad seems the choc is a bit sweeter than normal pocky. Also I don't know if anyone else has seen this but there is an ADVERT! Yes an advert out for this. And its a rather funny one at that. I saw it last night when I was watching lost I believe, cought me by surprise I can tell you :lol:

I am getting really annoyed by that advert actually. I seem to see it everytime there is a break in a program. And the advert has the cheek to say it's new! I remember making a topic about Mikado around the time i first joined this forum, 4 years ago!

I have to agree, I've seen in about 5 times today and I've not even had the TV on that much. secondly, I wouldn't put my pocky anywhere were someone could see it nevermind eat it =P

wow UK pocky
hmmm does anyone know where to buy actual pocky in York? my friend found some before but i have never been able to :(

Back