General TV/Movie News & Announcements

Still waiting for Darren Wards film Beyond Fury to be released
Got his previous films Sudden Fury and A Day Of Violence and sent him a message about the film and an email he sent me said he’s still waiting for a UK distributor to release the film on dvd as they are scared of the BBFC
He then said a US and Italian dvd with extras are hopefully going to be released soon
Read so much about Beyond Fury and everything is positive reviews anyway

AAAABf30nqtOUIDUuKWaOWcNSIn7iMn3PVVc7damzgaLgr4A5qLXpTkoF7Cp47T7fQgxc0Y7tvgGwX2vtJoJBy4twESjmA...png
Announcement

Welcome back. Season 2 of The Witcher premieres December 17, 2021 worldwide on Netflix.

Journey into the extraordinary world of the Continent, from The Witcher and its live-action prequel series The Witcher: Blood Origin to anime film The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf and much more.

Last edited:
UK distributor 88 Films has announced their expansion to the US.

After setting sail earlier this year 88 Films has evaded many icebergs and will be very soon be washing up on the shores of the good old US of A! Bringing our eclectic taste of horror, martial arts and generally anything forgotten and cool we will be releasing mainly dual territory with the occasional US only release thrown in there.

Find us online at AmazonUS, DiabolikDVD and others
Find us in high street stores including Best Buy and Barnes & Noble plus great independent shops.
The first two titles revealed are Cesare Canevari's 1977 film Gestapo's Last Orgy ('L'ultima orgia del III Reich), which was refused classification in the UK even at this day & age, and Jimmy Wang Yu's 1970 film The Chinese Boxer.
--- THE GESTAPOS LAST ORGY ---- (US Only) ---- October ---

Refused certification and outright BANNED in the UK still today (yes in 2021) our very first US release, TGLO, will be unleashed on Special Edition Blu-ray October 5th. UNCUT and featuring a brand-new 2K scan and restoration exclusively by 88 Films.

*We are sorry to all the UK collectors who would like to see this film remastered but we must censor this film in it entirety for you as it is not suitable for your eyes, even if you can import... and even if it was region free 😉

---- THE CHINESE BOXER ---- (UK + USA) ----
USA pre-order will be live soon
UK pre orders live now

Shawtastic 88 is back, bigger and better than ever. We have lots to show you but for now here are a few of the upcoming titles and our first release THE CHINESE BOXER with awesome new artwork from "Kung Fu Bob" these will all be dual territory releases for the UK and USA.

UK distributor 88 Films has announced their expansion to the US.

The first two titles revealed are Cesare Canevari's 1977 film Gestapo's Last Orgy ('L'ultima orgia del III Reich), which was refused classification in the UK even at this day & age, and Jimmy Wang Yu's 1970 film The Chinese Boxer.
I don't think Zavvi UK got the memo 😉
Screenshot_20210710-194703_Zavvi.jpg

Don't know if this should be in the general movie thread or the gaming thread but hey Cyberpunk 2077: The Movie is streaming on Prime!
Watch the reason they cast Keanu in CP! So they didn't get sued for ripping off the story wholesale 🤣
And its got Takeshi Kitano in so that's always a bonus!
Screenshot_20210715-210104_Prime Video.jpg

Don't know if this should be in the general movie thread or the gaming thread but hey Cyberpunk 2077: The Movie is streaming on Prime!
Watch the reason they cast Keanu in CP! So they didn't get sued for ripping off the story wholesale 🤣
And its got Takeshi Kitano in so that's always a bonus!
View attachment 19833
I watched that back in the 90s. Considering the subject matter, it's ironic that I don't remember anything about it.

I watched that back in the 90s. Considering the subject matter, it's ironic that I don't remember anything about it.
Me neither! The irony is I imported the German blu ray about a month ago for my brother and now they put it on Prime (every damn time!!! 😭)
I remembered parts but had completely forgotten how bad Keanu's acting was in it (the fact he got more work is a mystery) or that the story is quite literally the plot of Cyberpunk.
It's still good cheesey fun though!

The Yokai Monsters trilogy from the 60s is getting a UK blu-ray release from Arrow in October, along with Takashi Miike's remake of one of the movies. I have the US DVDs of two of the original movies, and they're atmospheric supernatural period dramas. Well worth getting if you have any interest in yokai.

Arrow Announces YOKAI MONSTERS COLLECTION Limited Edition Blu-ray Set

In case anyone missed it, the excellent Daimajin trilogy has already been released here. These are samurai dramas with a kaiju twist: the climax of each features an angry spirit bringing a giant statue to life and going on a vengeful rampage.

The Wheel of Time turns, the ages come and go, and finally there's a trailer. It didn't knock my socks off, but I've read all the books, so I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Normies: Hey, they stole the opening speech from the Lord of the Rings movies.
WoT readers: [teeth grinding sounds]

Lord of the Rings
I thought it was the Lord of the Rings TV series when I saw the thumbnail on the trailer on YouTube (different channel to this video) and then thought can't be it would surely have LotR somewhere in the title.
Looks like a cross between LotR (lots of the imagery, especially the landscapes) and GoT (the darker tone and, seemingly, political shenanigans)

Looks like a cross between LotR (lots of the imagery, especially the landscapes) and GoT (the darker tone and, seemingly, political shenanigans)
Wheel of Time was possibly the most influential fantasy series written after LotR and before GoT, so that was pretty much the trajectory of the genre.

Back