General TV/Movie News & Announcements

The Artist - a film that only ever won because of Harvey Weinstein - to Parasite, a film by a director whose English-language debut was suppressed by Weinstein who wasn't happy he didn't get to cut it to his wishes. Sweet.

Worth noting that Parasite has had the biggest ever opening for a foreign language film in the UK.

Last edited:
First time a foreign language film won. The Artist won in 2011 and that was French, but was a silent film!
Thanks for the correction. An odd habit of mine to from time to time leave out an important word in a sentence, usually when I’m type a fast reaction, and don’t check what I wrote. Guess that defect is called Stiibunism 🤨😁

Thanks for the correction. An odd habit of mine to from time to time leave out an important word in a sentence, usually when I’m type a fast reaction, and don’t check what I wrote. Guess that defect is called Stiibunism 🤨😁
I do it too and only realise after I've pressed the Post button, then it's a quick scramble to press the Edit button before people read it 😅

I piece of TV news that I can give - I've just been given a job by Remarkable TV as a question writer for House of Games and The Wall. I'm now working for Richard Osman and Danny Dyer - which is one weird Venn diagram.

I piece of TV news that I can give - I've just been given a job by Remarkable TV as a question writer for House of Games and The Wall. I'm now working for Richard Osman and Danny Dyer - which is one weird Venn diagram.
That’s an interesting position Ian, congrats. I’m not much of a game show watcher but I wonder how they determine the difficulty of a question - Presumably there’s checks in place to make sure questions to win thousands of pounds aren’t really easy, but if they conducted surveys to find out what percentage chance the average person had of getting a question right, people would know what questions were coming.

That’s an interesting position Ian, congrats. I’m not much of a game show watcher but I wonder how they determine the difficulty of a question - Presumably there’s checks in place to make sure questions to win thousands of pounds aren’t really easy, but if they conducted surveys to find out what percentage chance the average person had of getting a question right, people would know what questions were coming.

@Sarah I assume so to, but I'll learn more once I start the actual work.

@Ian Wolf : The right man for the job - it sounds absolutely the right role for you and I wish you every success; it sounds like a really fun place to work! :)

HMV First Edition range have two more titles incoming, both are Blu-ray only.

light1.jpg

#3 is The Lighthouse
  • 1 Disc Blu-ray Edition - 1000 units
  • Exclusive Artwork Slipcase
  • 4 Artcards

NHDcLRYh.jpg

#4 is Color Out of Space
  • 1 Disc Blu-ray Edition - 2000 units
  • UK only-artwork on double-walled Silver Board Slipcase
  • Poster
  • Limited Edition Color Out of Space book by H.P. Lovecraft, with behind the scenes images from the film

DC Fandome was around and we got some new trailers for upcoming DC film projects:

The Batman
New story unrelated to the DCEU but is not an origin. Directed by Matt Reeves (Dawn & War for the Planet of the Apes) and stars Robert Pattinson as the Batman. Estimated date is October 2021. Vimeo clip is available to view in 4K.

Black Adam
Part of the DCEU and a prequel to Shazam! focusing on the villain portrayed by Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. Directed by Jaume Collet-Serra (House of Wax, The Shallows). Estimated date is December 2021.

Justice League: The Snyder Cut
After fans demanded it, the Snyder Cut goes back to what director Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) had in terms of footage and re-creates his original vision for the film. This time it'll be a 4 episode mini-series with each episode runtime at 1 hour length. In the US this will be exclusive to HBO MAX when it launches in either Spring or Summer 2021. For comparison the theatrical was 120 mins total.

Wonder Woman 1984
A sequel to the well received Wonder Woman film with Patty Jenkins returning as director. The film takes place between the first film and the other DC films in the year 1984. Estimated date is October 2020.

Last edited:
Back