General News/Current Affairs Thread

Animefreak17

Godhand
I dont think it wont end well in the end

I mean look what happened to Ireland ........

on the other hand I hear over 700.000 scots is going to cross the boarder to come to the uk which I have no problems with

britguy

Za Warudo
First results should start coming in at 2. Final numbers at about 7am (apparently). If it's a landside either way we'll know before then.

memorium

Za Warudo
In mildly related news, after I saw some stuff on the referendum the other day, there was a story on the news about cities, such as Manchester looking into devolution. Any thoughts on that?

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Professor Irony said:
st_owly said:
That's because it's Glasgow ;)
MaxonTreik said:
Good point.
Gee, thanks guys.

We're here to help ;D

Gotta say, it's been relatively tame here. Walking home, there wasn't a sound to be heard at all from any of the houses in the area, some had only one light on, others none at all. It felt like walking home on christmas eve, which is a weird comparison i know. None of the Yes voters here will overly arrogant about it either, which made a nice change. Surprising how much of the local area was No too, however i think that really shows how vocal the yes voters have been in comparison to the No voters here.

PandoraHane

Vampire Ninja
Arbalest said:
It felt like walking home on christmas eve, which is a weird comparison i know.
That's funny because I was talking to a friend from near London and I was describing it as Christmas because of the Yes/No 'decorations' :lol: I saw a house with the letters of 'YES' stuck to their roof!

Arbalest

黒い剣士
animefreak17 said:
how do you feel about this Arbalest

I'm keeping to what i said previously, i voted No. I think it could end up close, but i believe it will end up in favour of No in the end. Going by turnouts at the moment, i'd say we've got about 82% average turnout of all voters, which is ridiculous, and shows just how much people care for the matter.

Animefreak17

Godhand
Arbalest said:
animefreak17 said:
how do you feel about this Arbalest

I'm keeping to what i said previously, i voted No. I think it could end up close, but i believe it will end up in favour of No in the end. Going by turnouts at the moment, i'd say we've got about 82% average turnout of all voters, which is ridiculous, and shows just how much people care for the matter.
there is almost 5.300.000 people in Scotland and around 4 something million people voted .......so yeah I see your point.

its like they couldn't care less.......come on its there vote and future and they shrug it off like........WHATEVE!

if it was me and it came to an important decision like this ......you bet id vote.

but the verdicts in and the union has won and its great we can continue to stand together.

st_owly (witch)

Time-Traveller
Considering the turnout in the most recent election before this was 34%, to see that many people engaged in politics is quite remarkable. I hope we can harness that energy for good and make things better for the whole UK.

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
Yay, Owly remains mine!

Congrats to those who voted No and comiserations to those who voted Yes. I just hope everyone up in Scotland can/will get past this and it won't turn into Ireland as they still bloody hate eachother over there lol.

PandoraHane

Vampire Ninja
I did vote Yes but I'm not going to be going round making a sad face. I respect that the majority want to stay, and that's fine with me. I like that they're saying it's going to be better for all 4 of us, that makes me very happy!

Nothing lost to me, either way somehow things were going to be made better. Much love to everyone here <3

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
Once again what I'm seeing on FB here so possible inaccuracies lol but wasn't there like a surge in younger votes which is why No may of won? Young people won't really understand the weight of what this represented etc? Watch you all flame me going "I'm 18 b*tch" ;) :p hehe.

Owly, at least now there's no CCY change etc dividing us though hehe.

Do you think something like this will eventually come around for Scotland again now?

When will you lot know what happens up there now? Like what Westminster will discuss with your government up there etc?

I'm hoping this spurns change still. Everyone is sick of rich kids in London thinking they know what it's like to live in the UK. Bugger off Labour, Tories and Lib Dems, you know nothing of what it's like living outside of London. We'd all rather our taxes go on things to benefit us, not your agenda, not your wars, US. That's where Scotland got it right so will I guess always make you think what they could of done if left to their own devices eh.