Games you gave up on

I can somewhat understand that, I was more referring to the people who died once or twice and gave in.. But I agree, doing one bit loads of times can be annoying.

Dragon Quest on PS2 pissed me off so much that I traded it in at Game.

I then regretted offloading it.

I've just bought it again for £12.

pomtry said:
Gave up on splinter cell double agent

Didn't even get that far I quit on Pandora Tomorrow I just got bored of the sneaking around I am more of a blow everything up and hope for the best kinda gamer

Think I'll give up on Okami. Too much stuff to do, need a less demanding game like Sonic, out Friday. Might pick up on Okami at a later date.

Espy said:
Think I'll give up on Okami. Too much stuff to do, need a less demanding game like Sonic, out Friday. Might pick up on Okami at a later date.

I might be wrong here because even though I got it on the release day, I think Final Fantasy XII has substantially more to do than what Okami has, which is actually something that could effect the long-term enjoyment of the former.

In fact, a game I gave up on for exactly the same reason as Espy was Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. There was just so much to do I couldn't be bothered, and I was only about a quarter a way through it. I have a feeling it may be the same for my future "participation" of FFXII. Maybe. :)

Still can't think of any myself.. although I have come close to quitting a few recently.

Pomtry, stop going on about Online games.

Gave up on Zelda Majora's Mask... sold it years and years ago. Now I'm counting the days until it's on the Wii's virtual console. I won't let that sucker get away.

Dagger said:
Still can't think of any myself.. although I have come close to quitting a few recently.

I cant help my self I hate online games :p

Unless there on xbox 360 :D

pomtry said:
Dagger said:

I cant help my self I hate online games :p

Unless there on xbox 360 :D

I just play the shooter ones like Counter Strike, any onliner that takes up my broadband never last long as I have anime to watch

A few weeks ago I gave up on both my new purchases - though after trading them in for Oblivion on the 360 I can't say that was a bad thing.

Enchanted Arms' main hook (for me at least) was the 100+ golems to collect and tinker with, along with the tinkering allowed on the grid-based combat system. After awhile playing, it became apparent that of the 100+ golems, only a few of them were actually any good (hence, usable). This was particularly obvious when the attacks available for a particular golem were only short-range, meaning an enemy could just sit back and blast from a distance. So, that's that then, a total waste of time, thanks developer. The combat system didn't have as many moves or variations as I was expecting either.

These disappointments coupled with a constant A > B with random encounters killed it. There's nothing at all to distract or break it up.

Okami was something I was looking forward to and at least partly delivered - it was big and gorgeous and charming. It lacked that certain spark that leaves you chained to your console and progressing. It felt extremely linear, despite doing its best to hide that scaffolding behind pretty scenery. The brush thing is gimmicky, not a bad thing per se but not something that drags the game higher up. Combat was either dull or irritating - slap baddies to death or wait for them to show their weakness. Asides from a few coins it didn't feel like there was any need or reward for random encounters, just time consuming.

Saying all that I will have another go when I find it cheap, but a full-value game sat around losing that trade-in value wasn't on the cards, back it goes.

Ah well, got several games for my Xbox 360 to keep me amused now, not least Samurai Warriors 2 Empires, Oblivion and Crackdown.

Started playing Breath of Fire 3 again but gave upo on it, think I'll have to restart it from the beginning as I think I am lost

Back