Games for the wii...

I've seen the zapper been released along side another new game Link's Crossbow training. Oh and i found out recently that there is another zombie shooting game coming to the Wii...House of the Dead!! It's coming in the form of House of the Dead 2 & 3 returns

The Wii lacks many good, 'real' games. But Metroid Prime 3: Corruption looks like it might be fun, as does Super Mario Galaxy, but from what I have heard it is all in the experience, and that you can't really make a proper judgement until then.

And Lupus, how do you know the game has been finished? I can understand if it is a strategic move, but I havn't heard anything about this.

And, delays arn't always good. Look at Twilight Princess. Delayed a year so it could be ported to the Wii, and the game seemed like it had a lot missing. So much for not wanting to miss anything out Auroma(hope I got that right :S) >_>

Neriek said:
And Lupus, how do you know the game has been finished? I can understand if it is a strategic move, but I havn't heard anything about this.
Because the game has been in development for like.... ages now, and the fact that Mario is coming out Christmas, and if they did release Brawl December 3rd, what do you think would sell more? Brawl or SMG? SMG, easily. So they pulled the date further back.

The Wii lacks many good, 'real' games

i agree most games that are out are boring or childish(yes i know the wii is for the whole family) but one thing that really gets on my nerves (and most likly everyone elses) is that the wii is a region thing...the ds isn't so why the wii? cause i've seen games which i want so badly but i can't cause they are from japan or america! shall i do a poll for this?

rocklee said:
The Wii lacks many good, 'real' games

i agree most games that are out are boring or childish(yes i know the wii is for the whole family) but one thing that really gets on my nerves (and most likly everyone elses) is that the wii is a region thing...the ds isn't so why the wii? cause i've seen games which i want so badly but i can't cause they are from japan or america! shall i do a poll for this?

In that case then you probably won't like the news that a new Naruto game is out this week for the Wii...in japan. It's based on Shippuden. Which means we'll probably won't see it for a very long time (if at all) due to the fact that they haven't even started showing the dubbed Shippuden yet

technically there are about 3 games based on shippuuden over there
but it does get annoying cause there are so many games but they may never be available in the uk
yea america get them1st so they can be dubbed but sometimes they don't get released in the uk..grrr :evil:

rocklee said:
technically there are about 3 games based on shippuuden over there
but it does get annoying cause there are so many games but they may never be available in the uk
yea america get them1st so they can be dubbed but sometimes they don't get released in the uk..grrr :evil:

I know that feeling, being a gundam fan i couldn't believe how many gundam games the states got while over here we got practically zip. I know that this has improved but it is still annoying when games don't appear over here (though most times it's because the maker's don't think it will be worth their while)

Is there a difference with the consoles over in America or can you not just order them? I know that's no good for Japan but still can you not get games released in the states? I ask coz I don't know if they'll play in UK Wii's or am I just being thick?
:p

america have a different region to japan and us so if you get an american wii you can't play any british games on it..then there is the trouble of importing them..some cases it costs more than uk games cause of the delivery

Ahh, I thought that might have been the case. Pain in the **** really. Never mind, I've got a lot of catching up to do the Wii anyway. Been playing on my PC too much. =)

i haven't properly been playing on the wii either
1. i haven't got many games for it
2.i've been watching the naruto fillers at the mo..nearly finished

Yeah, and there's alot of fillers too. I've had Zelda since December last year and I've only played like a quarter of it. Not because I didn't enjoy the game, I've just got so many things I could be doing. But now, I think it's Wii tme for me.

Voddas said:
I've had Zelda since December last year and I've only played like a quarter of it

I've not even finished it, i got close in the summer but the i started playing on Kindom Hearts 2 instead...Not sure if its worth me doing the mini quests, all it will do is mean that i can get more rupees. At least i got all the hidden skills :D

Though i was playing on the Mario and Sonic olypmic game and i think i may have done my arm in while doing the 100m dash....

BlackWolf said:
Voddas said:
I've had Zelda since December last year and I've only played like a quarter of it

I've not even finished it, i got close in the summer but the i started playing on Kindom Hearts 2 instead...Not sure if its worth me doing the mini quests, all it will do is mean that i can get more rupees. At least i got all the hidden skills :D

Though i was playing on the Mario and Sonic olypmic game and i think i may have done my arm in while doing the 100m dash....

Ain't finished Zelda either, About 2% into it. I imagine it would be a good game if I actually could be bothered to play it.

And

Mario and Sonic, I have it lying on my fire-place. Is it actually worth the effort to play some of the games on it?. I haven't really been bothered about it even slightly since it randomly turned up at my house on friday (brother). I was much more happy with Galaxy, But as a matter a fact, I haven't played that since the weekend of its release.

okies few notices...been looking over the net for you guys (aren't i nice :) )
resi evil chronicles has been put back to 7/12 along with the zapper also pokemon what-cha-ma-call-it is also out 7/12 oh n mario kart is gonna be out at the start of next year sometime...with bikes in it

okies mario n sonic: looked at most reviews saying table tennis is the worst of all the events..and that the game will wear you down!(like that's gonna stop us!)
anyone want to know bout anyother games coming out/or are out and dunno wether to buy them?

Jayme said:
Mario and Sonic, I have it lying on my fire-place. Is it actually worth the effort to play some of the games on it?. I haven't really been bothered about it even slightly since it randomly turned up at my house on friday (brother). I was much more happy with Galaxy, But as a matter a fact, I haven't played that since the weekend of its release.

Its not really a title that you want to play on your own :? Sure you can go and unlock everything but it is at heart a party game. Truth be told i was just happy to see Sonic and Mario in a game together...Then i found out about smash bros :p Also i'm not sure if its just me but it doesn't seem to be reacting right, plus the jumping events seem to be rather sensetive (plus you have to have the timing right) But at least try some of the events, see what you think of it.

Well, Mario and Sonic looks like it might be fun if it is on multi-player, but so do a lot of Wii games. ¬_¬

As for Twilight Princess, it is deffinatly one of the best games the Wii has, although I have only played it for the Gamecube. It annoys me that Nintendo delayed the game for a year, and it doesn't even seem like they added all that much to it. ¬_¬
All in all, it is a good game though, but it could have been better.

like most games if i keep failing somethings i get annoyed and turn it off...just like i have done with zelda and now i haven't played it for a few months now...

Well I hope to just hammer Zelda and get it completed. Loved past Zelda games and feel I feel the same way about this one. Plus. I need to get more use out of my Wii. It's been gathering dust whilst I've been catching up on my PC gaming.

Back