Gamecube getting the cut?!

voxie

Completely Average High School Student
Yeah well, I was in GAME in Ealing Broadway last week, and they had the cheek to tell me, that the Gamecube would be getting rid of in a couple months time! :( And that includes the pre-owned section!

Anyone else been told similar news?

This is the first I've heard, but I don't completely buy it. While the downsizing of the Cube's section is inevitable, I'd be very surprised if they did away with it altogether before the launch of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Zelda titles are known to shift consoles, so I don't think GAME would want to completely abandon the Cube just yet. It may be worth checking at other GAME stores to confirm or deny this though... just have to wait and see.

Fully getting rid of stock would surprise me, getting rid of 95% of it wouldn't. The Gamecube is pretty dead, and simply taking up space which would be doubtlessly more efficiently employed shifting the 360 or the two other, far more popular consoles.
Sir Haggis said:
Zelda titles are known to shift consoles, so I don't think GAME would want to completely abandon the Cube just yet.
Most people don't buy a brand new console to play a single game, though I'd think that stocking pre-owned consoles because of Zelda would probably be good buisness sense.

Also the news is heating up on the new generation of Consoles, including the current rumour mill on whatever the PS3 is going to be, and also the Gamecube's successor console.

The Gamecube has been dead for the last two years in my opinion. Resident Evil 4 was the last breath but Nintendo hope to resurrect the already flogged to death horse. Zelda? lol, I think PS3 will out before it and I certainly wouldn't be interested in it.
I wonder why they didn't clear off the Gamecube section sooner? In my local Woolworths, the Gamecube was there for 6 months until they filled it back up with PS2 games. Says it all really. :p
________
Cannabis seeds

GAME got rid of their GameCube stock where I live a long time ago, as did WHSmiths, Woolworths, Currys and Comet. The only place that sells them now is Gamestation and their space is barely larger than the GBA section.

I'm expecting Zelda: Twilight Princess to be a great game though and with its Revolution features it should be a big hit.

Gamecube still has an average sized stock in the GAME near here...and at the moment...i wouldn't be totally surprised at the removal of all the gamecube stuff...but i would realy think that twilight princess will give more business also...seeing as it is a hugely popular series of games and it is long awaited...so GAME will probably still have that as it wouuld mean more income.

I imagine that they will be getting rid of gamecube sections, and maybe racking any new releases they stock somewhere near the DS and GBA areas.
There are hardly any games due out this year and it's likely zelda will be out when the Revolution's out, so they'll be racked together.

I dont mind^^ I have everything I want for my Gamecube including Third Age.

The new Gamecube console comes out soon and they saved the new Zelda game for it! The new console will play all the original GC games too, so don't fret!

If you act fast you can pick up a gamecube and game for £40, I saw some in HMV, mariokart bundles and resi 4 bundles, not bad for less than the price of a 360 game :p

Every GAME I know has hardly had any GC games for ages now...and Dixons and Argos dropped them altogether a few years ago (I think Argos might have some cheapo deal on GCs now though).

GameStation is totally the best place for GC stuff now...I used to think it kinda sucked, but I prefer it over GAME now.

Capuchin said:
If you act fast you can pick up a gamecube and game for £40, I saw some in HMV, mariokart bundles and resi 4 bundles, not bad for less than the price of a 360 game :p

Gamecube + RE4 for £40? I'm so in favour of this you have no idea.

Especially since GC games ought to be compatible with the upcoming Revolution. It just means that I'll be spending an extra £15 on top of the cost of the games to play them now instead of waiting for a year.

It all depends on your taste in games. I like Zelda, Metroid, & Mario games, so naturally I must have one. Plus, GC has the best multiplayer games that are not FPSs.

Capuchin said:
cell21 said:
Really now!! The only game for Gambe cube is Twlight princess

No, in fact at the moment it isn't a game for anything :p

I am looking forward to it though, hope it actually comes out this year.
Yeah i'm looking forward to it a lot at the moment..i'm going to preorder it closer to the release date. And i also agree with the fact that gamecube has the best multiplayer games that are not fps..like Smash brothers melee, Mario kart and i thought super monkeyball was pretty good for multiplayer also

Back