Future uncertain as Toonami UK is bought by Five

supersaiyanwarrior1228 said:
I hope that five will put on animé like Inuyasha and G Gundam instead of getting loads of pokemon :?
And it's not like Five doesn't even have direct acess to Inuyasha anyway. Isn't the company that's been hording out on us part of Freemantle Media anyway? and besides that, RTL now owns Five anyway, so it's not as if they'd have to go though a lot of nonsense to get it.

Yeah they have the options to show programs like that but it comes down to what they want to invest in or ifthey will just keep showing the same stuff thats already on

tbf i can't see toonami changing too much anytime soon, maybe a few more live action showsbut i think we can all just agree than anime on toonami is a lost cause

Conan-san said:
pomtry said:
Its if they realise that anime is on the rise in the uk
Though you wouln't know that from the way Jetix dicks around.

Conan u'd think Jetix had burnt your house down u really seem to hate them so much ^^

Ryo Chan said:
tbf i can't see toonami changing too much anytime soon, maybe a few more live action showsbut i think we can all just agree than anime on toonami is a lost cause

Conan-san said:
pomtry said:
Its if they realise that anime is on the rise in the uk
Though you wouln't know that from the way Jetix dicks around.

Conan u'd think Jetix had burnt your house down u really seem to hate them so much ^^
What can I say? They promice something I expect it to happen, damnit. What NarUK represneted was a slap in the face to every person who was at that Expo when they anounced it being aired.
Course, this is the same company that siad they were airing Sailor Moon S and Digimon Frountier and never did as much so maybe there is some pre-built resentment already.

Sprechen of which, what's holding Gollancz back from releaseing the manga? Given it's reception with it's other stuff, wouln't Naruto the magna be like printing money for them?
Honstly, I like Gollancz, but after Del Ray UK un did the edits from Air Gear 2, they've been silent.

Also, to be honest, the way this is playing out, if anything were to happen, I honestly expect them to air the US properties Toonami has on FIVE US (Possibly as a toonami strand), take toonami UK off air and turn it into a Milkshake channel.

Though I agree, Anime on TV in general is done. And you all know when I concidered that to be true.

why is it a smack in the face? i'd of thought it was painstakenly obvious the series was going to be cut and dubbed? just be happy they allowed the dvd releases uncut

Ryo Chan said:
why is it a smack in the face? i'd of thought it was painstakenly obvious the series was going to be cut and dubbed? just be happy they allowed the dvd releases uncut
It was obvious it was goign to be dubbed and cut. However, what was said in London was "It was uncut from the toonami version" which meens there was some edits but not what you see every day at 6.30 only on jetix.

And the dub one doesn't bare talking about cause even a monkey knows most (Not all) anime is dubbed on tv.

But *sigh* if one must make theatrics out of this.
AHEM

"JETIX KILLED MY HOUSE AND TOOK MA BAHBAY!"

ahem.

Well, looks like the changes have happened already.

Toonami has now just come become a 2nd cartoon network channel.

They even got rid of Transformers and Kong

Ryo Chan said:
Not that Kong was a big fad or anything... Talk about milking an overused idea

Well, I'm not watching much TV anymore anyways... Toonami got boring, Jetix has something good every so often, and I got bored watching crappy soaps out of pure boredom....
The only reason I watch TV is to tape Raw on Sky Plus, catch up on news and watch Kerrang/Scuzz for decent rock songs. *Sigh*

Chaz said:
Ryo Chan said:
Not that Kong was a big fad or anything... Talk about milking an overused idea

Well, I'm not watching much TV anymore anyways... Toonami got boring, Jetix has something good every so often, and I got bored watching crappy soaps out of pure boredom....
The only reason I watch TV is to tape Raw on Sky Plus, catch up on news and watch Kerrang/Scuzz for decent rock songs. *Sigh*

Agreed, Kong was a terrible and boring cartoon, and all the other crap they started to show on there just turned me away from Toonami 0.0

As for Jetix, I never really watched it anyway, but I've seen stuff worth watching on there once in a blue moon

Ryo Chan said:

What, you meen litterly, they turned into Cartoon Netwrork *starts counting* three? or do you meen as if they were? Cause Tuner was nerfing Toonami a long while before FIVE got at them.

Conan-san said:
Ryo Chan said:

What, you meen litterly, they turned into Cartoon Netwrork *starts counting* three? or do you meen as if they were? Cause Tuner was nerfing Toonami a long while before FIVE got at them.

They've basically bashed off whatever remaining anime-like shows and repoduced another Cartoon Network like channel.

- I had to read your post like 5 times before it finally sank in :?

Hyaku said:
Conan-san said:
Ryo Chan said:

They've basically bashed off whatever remaining anime-like shows and repoduced another Cartoon Network like channel.

- I had to read your post like 5 times before it finally sank in :?
Ah, cept pokemon of course.
After we've nuked the earth, the only things that'll remain are the Cockroches, Cher and Pokemon.

was flicking through channels lately and sore that toonami hasn't been showing any live action shows for a while (e.g. Life with Derek and Bluewater High) so this could be an mprovment :)

Indeed. All we need now is somthin blowing up those sonsovawitchs Mascots and everything might just be alright with the world.

Screw geting anime on there, I just want those logo eating bastards out of the pitcutre.

supersaiyanwarrior1228 said:
was flicking through channels lately and sore that toonami hasn't been showing any live action shows for a while (e.g. Life with Derek and Bluewater High) so this could be an mprovment :)

YAY....

We can hope there going to show at least decent Anime or Anime - influenced.

Or they put repeats of Foster's on Toonami, which is bad

Back