Future uncertain as Toonami UK is bought by Five

But that means Anime is likely a higher chance than usual....

I hope channel 5 can give us more maturer anime than Kiddies one, Cowbiy Bebop is a great chance and showing FMA again will get more viewers in.

I hope they show Bleach *put big eyes on Channel 5*

but seriously how can they screw it up any worse!! does anyone even watch toonami anymore, it was a great brainstorm to get rid of half their decent shows for live action shows to 'halt falling viewer figures' when their called TOONAMI!

Here's hoping that they put some decent stuff on, which when you look at their past decisions to buy house, and other hit american shows, not to mention that all of their channels are on freeview. Things are starting to look up!

Espy said:
I don't see what this has to do with anime. I see it as a kid's cartoon channel being bought by a mainstream TV channel. There's nothing that rings anime there to me.
In America, the Toonami section on Cartoon Network was used to introduce lots of anime to the main market. Mainly younger aimed stuff like Dragonball. (bigger names like Inu Yasha and Cowboy Bebop are generally screened under the Adult Swim section at night)

I think that's right anyway. (there was a Toonami channel over here a couple years back which evolved from CMX. It showed a fair bit of anime but they didn't introduce any new shows and was a bit lame - someone correct me if I've got my facts wrong)

Shockingly, I was about to post a letter to channel 5 asking them to show some anime.

And now this came up....

And Animo is my witness in this letter

Chrono Demon said:
Shockingly, I was about to post a letter to channel 5 asking them to show some anime.

And now this came up....

And Animo is my witness in this letter

If a large number of people asked to have anime on a channel would they consider it, or simply dismiss the suggestion due to viewing figures?

WTFDaveMustaine said:
On a different note have Five ever shown anything anime related?

I remember a few years back, 5ive aird an anime called Strange Dawn. According to animenewsnetwork its started its run on 21/01/2002. It was on weekday and Saturday mornings at about 8am.
They also showed Beyblade on Saturday mornings a few years back too.

Im not holding my hopes up for 5ive bringing any anime to Toonami. I guess we just have to wait and see what they do with it.

Five also showed Dual Masters for a little while if memory serves. I watched 1 episode and god was it awful! :lol:

Strange Dawn was quite cool. Weird anime that, and a touch stronger than you'd expect given the cute character designs. I taped most of it as well :D (I did miss half an episode though :cry: ).

I wouldn't mind if they brought some more anime to the channel, atleast it would be something to watch. I remember the old cartoon network schedule when toonami was just from 9pm onwards on cartoon network. They showed some Tenchi and DBZ and a few others, It was what got me into anime and i would hope they would show some more.

Anyone writing up a petition like letter that we can sign and forward on?

Well, They should consider Anime like these

- Cowboy Bebop - It is a great Classic that many people should consider watching

- FMA - Okay, maybe it appeared on Rapture, but It is one of the most popular anime and a great choice for channel 5

- Bleach - Okay, maybe its a great choice just for me, But I hope it will appear in the UK

- Fruit Basket - We need some anime for girls, it can't be boys, boys, boys. We can't leave out the girls, screw men and their so called manly shows

- Hellsing - I think we need a horror Anime for some people

- Inuyasha - its already been 4 years since its debut in America and still isn't here

Hellsing is just like... not gonna happen, Bleach might do, Inuyasha will do well, most likely, FB... can't see it happening, FMA has been done, everyone has already seen it once and Cowboy Bebop... well, it might have a chance on there, considering it's Toonami and all.

Also, Would this be on freeview or thier digital service? I think it would be a better idea to screen it on freeview just like their Five US channel.

Hmm... I think I am getting confused because it seems where all jumping the gun just al little bit. How do we all know that they will air anime on channel five?
But anyway if they had to air anime I hope it would be something like Bleach
Naruto (uncut),
School Rumble (DVD will be released in a few months in the US)
Love Hina
Yu Yu Hakusho
Outlaw Star
Ranma (I Really really doubt it but..)

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Cowboy Bebop really needs a DECENT run in the UK. If it were given a real chance it could do pretty well. Especially with the high quality of the dub and heavily western influenced music. It would be nice to see a return of
Outlaw Star as well.

+1

X_nick_X said:
I'm going by what happened the last time bebop was shown in the uk it didn't go down that well.
It was also never given a proper timeslot. The showing times were inconsistant and they aired it out of order.

Back