Future uncertain as Toonami UK is bought by Five

Espy said:
I don't see what this has to do with anime. I see it as a kid's cartoon channel being bought by a mainstream TV channel. There's nothing that rings anime there to me.

Unfortunately, you've more than likely hit the nail on the head, there.

I doubt Five will have any interest in putting anime on the channel. The most likely outcome is that they'll make a "milkshake" channel with awful kids programs.

I hope we get something good like Inuyasha so I don't have to buy it lol

But Thund3r's andwer is more likely

thund3r said:
I doubt Five will have any interest in putting anime on the channel. The most likely outcome is that they'll make a "milkshake" channel with awful kids programs.

pomtry said:
Some petitions dont work but its better than doing nothing
Aye, i believe you might aswell give it a go, it's better than doing nothing.

I doubt this change over of licence will effect us in any way. But it is slightly annoying to see what could be, and what won't

Past experience has proved to me that any online petition is a complete waste of time, but what the hell, it's a good placibo. Be sure to send it to Sky.com, Attention James Murdock, as well. I have to agree that, though Cowboy Bebop is a good series, I think something newer is in order, and it has to be something licenced for the UK. Just because something is licenced in the US means absolutely nothing to us in the UK, untill it gets a licence here. My pick would be "Samurai Champloo" or "Heatguy-J" to start. But again this is taking into concideration that Channel 5 will keep the channel as a children's channel. They could get the channel moved out of the "Kids" EPG into "All channels", or "Entertainment" and make it totally unrecognisible. If it happens that they include an anime title, it will probably be a childrens title anyway so I'm not holding my breath about this. Time will tell. :wink:

I would've thought it was more about bringing some of the American shows on Toonami to terrestrial television later on. Like Teen Titans and Justice League. Those are really popular, but kids that don't have Sky have never seen them.

Unless FMA did much better than I thought on Rapture, and maybe they wanna get in on that success.

Back