UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread (Pre-Manga Merger)

It doesn't matter what browser I use I get the same issue though if I use Edge I do get the BT Web Protect before the connection error page. The website also doesn't work for another friend who has wanted to get FuniNow and he's also on BT which is what makes this really odd. I had to have my friend who is on Sky sign into my account just to turn off the mature content restriction so I could at least have access to everything when using the ps4 app but when it comes to the ps4 app I can seem to watch only shows that aren't currently airing (Tales of Zestiria the X, Senran Kagura Shinovi Masters, D.Gray Man) anything new just sits buffering infinitely.
this is just a random guess but with you mentioning the BT web protect page flashing up, do you have any age related filters set up on your router or internet accounts page? if it's happening on everything i'm guessing that BT could be using their age content filter to block something from loading which is firing back at you and making the website refuse to load

I turned off the BT web protect and that seems to have fixed the FUNimation website on my end

EDIT: Unfortunately the ps4 app still doesn't let me watch current shows so that seems to be a separate issue altogether

Last edited:
I turned off the BT web protect and that seems to have fixed the FUNimation website on my end

EDIT: Unfortunately the ps4 app still doesn't let me watch current shows so that seems to be a separate issue altogether
Think yourself lucky! I use the Amazon Prime Funimation channel... same price but doesn't get shows until long after they've finished and then not all of them and has other shows randomly disappearing when you're halfway through! (RE:zero & Love Tyrant spring to mind!) And other shows only have some episodes, unless Midnight Occult Civil Servants is only supposed to have 8 episodes in which case my mistake 😂

I hope funimation improves by the time MHA probs is exclusive to it it wouldn’t load Astra for a few days therefore I fell behind then didn’t want to catch up so dropped it all because their crappy service forced me to fall behind. Like their website on a safari is so bad it’s near unusable and on chrome it’s not much better, and the PS4 app is bad too it’s a joke only benefit is it’s cheaper than CR when CR price rises soon

I hope funimation improves by the time MHA probs is exclusive to it it wouldn’t load Astra for a few days therefore I fell behind then didn’t want to catch up so dropped it all because their crappy service forced me to fall behind. Like their website on a safari is so bad it’s near unusable and on chrome it’s not much better, and the PS4 app is bad too it’s a joke only benefit is it’s cheaper than CR when CR price rises soon
Just use the Xbox One app, I have never had any of the problems I see everyone whining about.

The Funimation app on the Firestick seems to be working OK so far. I've just brought a WiFi mess system because my modem/router that I got from BT when I joined over 10 years ago was on its way out. I double checked the one show that didn't work last week on the PS4 app again after setting it up and it still didn't work, so it was definitely the app playing up.

Ironically I've just found out that there's a bug with the Crunchyroll Firestick app that won't let you sign back in when you get logged out! (both the phone app and the PS4 app were logged out as well, seems to happen periodically) You have to clear the data, uninstall and reinstall.

Not sure where to put this post.

So I just got informed by my funimation usa source that radiant season 2 collector's box has been cancelled due to poor sales of season 1
Hopefully this changes.

i wonder if it got to a point where they realised in 9-12 months time they're gonna be short on new stuff to release so they just tried to spin it as some positive PR news

Not sure where to put this post.

So I just got informed by my funimation usa source that radiant season 2 collector's box has been cancelled due to poor sales of season 1
Hopefully this changes.
doesn't realy surprise me, the first half of S1 was great and the 2nd half was ok but S2 i felt took a dive to the point i think i had to watch multiple episodes twice because i fell asleep watching them

i wonder if it got to a point where they realised in 9-12 months time they're gonna be short on new stuff to release so they just tried to spin it as some positive PR news
Tbh I think it was more that they needed to continue with simuldubs at the time but couldn't effectively social distance at the studio so this was the only option to keep the schedule running.

doesn't realy surprise me, the first half of S1 was great and the 2nd half was ok but S2 i felt took a dive to the point i think i had to watch multiple episodes twice because i fell asleep watching them

I haven't seen season 2 yet.
I really need to get through my backlog of anime.

Back