Funimation licences basicaly everything (14new/10+ rescue)

Reaper gI

Pokémon Master
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-07-02/funi-adds-live-action-moyashimon
simulcasts (let's hope some aren't region locked)

Shiki
Black Butler 2
Sekirei 2
Legend of Legendary Heroes
Sengoku Basara 2

new stuff
Darker than Black Season 2
Railgun
Index
Black Lagoon Third Series: Roberta's Trail of Blood
Trigun Badlands Rumble
Shakugan no Shana: Season 2, Movie, OVA
Hellsing Ultimate volumes 5-7,

...the other ten are Geneon USA rescues and are mostly in print here...

Wasn't Darker than Black Season 2 licensed by Aniplex?
Maybe they're hiring out FUNi to dub it, hopefully they do the same for Durarara!!

FUNi definatly got it not Aniplex. DRRR! will likely be them, when they announce it.
We were more worried that might happen, rather than anything ever having been mentioned. Doesn't Aniplex USA still have to bid against FUNi for the licence anyway. Like why Beez have to bid on Bandai shows depite being a subsidiary.

Paradox295 said:
Wasn't Darker than Black Season 2 licensed by Aniplex?
Maybe they're hiring out FUNi to dub it, hopefully they do the same for Durarara!!
Like I've been trying to say it was just advertised on an Aniplex DVD; FUNimation is releasing it but it is still an Aniplex property so they are going to promote it wherever possible the same way Kadokawa USA put ads for Rightstuf's The Third DVDs on Bandai's Haruhi discs.

Reaper gI said:
Doesn't Aniplex USA still have to bid against FUNi for the licence anyway. Like why Beez have to bid on Bandai shows depite being a subsidiary.
As far as I understand Aniplex of America, like Kadokawa USA before them, exists to market Aniplex titles in America so R1 companies will license titles from them rather than directly with Japan. Like Kadokawa before them with FMP:TSR, they took things into their own hands and released the Gurren Lagann movie themselves.

That general scenario sounds totally bizarre, but holy shi-! at the long list of licenses. Did Funi not get the memo about the industry dying?

I'd guess I'll end up buying Darker than Black Season 2, Legend of Legendary Heroes and Sengoku Basara 2 from them - everything else either falls into "not interested in" or "too interested in".

Shakugan no Shana Season 2 :D Finally! I think this will probably be my return to importing (I'll have to get a Multiregion Blu-Ray player so my DVD imports will be upscaled and lovely looking as my R2 stuff), as I cannot be bothered waiting years for MvM to get around to even thinking about licensing it.

Toaru Majutsu no Index and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun :eek: Fantastic news!

Sengoku Basara and Darker Than Black Season 2s and Hellsing Ultimate 5-7 I'll definitely pick up when they get a release over here.

Yes! The last 4 on that list are a real treat for me. :D Maybe Railgun as well.
I still think "Roberta's Rampage" would of sounded better.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Darker Than Black 2, Black Lagoon, and Hellsing Ultimate please.

No Evangelion 2.0/2.22 =(
Probably in the middle of licensing Evangelion 2.22
I think they will announce it at Otakon if they do get it

ilmaestro said:
CloudedMinds said:
Finally! Index and Railgun have been picked up :D
But can we yet trust Funi not to **** up the Blu-ray release?

Well Bandai seem to have gotten it right, picking up BOTH DVD and Blu Ray releases for K-ON! cant understand why funi keep cutting costs upscaling their Blu rays.

Hmm, only thing that really sticks out to me there is Trigun Badlands Rumble, which I figured they would get eventually anyways.

FUNi don't upscale to cut costs, but because the original material is SD. If you've got Manga's Eva 1.11 then you've seen what FUNi can do with proper HD material. Unless I've missed something this morning Bandai are yet to confirm if they actually are releasing K-on! on bluray for that matter.

Back