Finally! Important announcement: New admin & moderators

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
OK, everyone. Following recent events, I felt it was an apt time to expand the admin and moderation team on AUKN. Last night I posted an appeal to those interested in helping out and since then I've had a great response from many of you guys, so, firstly, thanks for caring enough to want to get involved. It's fantastic that many of you have expressed a desire to help and it's kind of annoying that there were only a limited number of roles to fill.

Anyway, lets get down to it. The new appointments are as follows.

New administrator: Rui. It's a testament to her quality that so many of you put her name forward, both in public and via PM. Of course, she is a very well-respected member of AUKN, an eloquent writer and a calming influence, so, perfect for an admin role, really.

New global moderators: Ryo Chan, Arbalest. Since forever, these guys have been die-hards of the AUKN community, having continually shown their dedication by, amongst other things, running the character battles year after year. This is long overdue and I'm sure they will take to these roles with all the enthusiasm and passion we have come to expect from them over the years.

So, what does all of this mean?

AUKN has always been 'soft' on moderation and we intend for that to continue, however, given the sheer amount of personal insults floating around these days, we intend to clamp down on the anti-social, flame-baiting drivel. We don't intend to go nazi, but certain attitudes won't be tolerated any more. There will be a three strikes system, thus, if you're warned by the admin/mod team three times, you will be banned for a month.

All that, but we intend to start from this point onwards with a clean-slate. Everything said in the past will remain so and this new regime will judge situations from today onwards. Please take this opportunity to drop whatever petty grudges you may hold against other users. This is an anime community, so, lets talk about anime and stuff. No more name-calling, please.

The rest will become clear as things progress. I'm sure Rui, Arbalest and Ryo Chan will post below and highlight anything I may have missed above.

Anyway, I know I've been quiet of late, but I'm still around. I have a ton of news stories to write and this is probably the longest time I've gone without posting something on AUKN since I started the whole thing in 2004. Real life work has been hectic for me but I've absolutely no intention of giving up on any of this, I just needed a break is all.

So, here's to the future, guys, and best of luck to Rui, Ryo Chan and Arbalest. This is the beginning of a new era for AUKN and I can't wait to start working with them! See you around the forums!

YAAAA

Ryo Chan an Arbalest

just to clarify, i voted for more privilege for you Arby ;)
I would of course for you too Ryo, just i never got to talk to you persoanal thats all

Oh and here's to you Rui, i hope you do a slendid job as admin

KUMPAI :3

Thanks Paul!

And thanks all the people who kept suggesting me for some reason. I hope you won't regret it.

Nobody likes being moderated - I hope - so if we could all try to get along better from now on that would be great. That way we don't have to do as much work ;)

If you have any problems or suggestions more creative than "ban X, I don't like him/her", please let me know and we can discuss it on Mod Island if it's good. And if you somehow have any problems with me you don't feel you can address directly please let the other moderators know.

R

The main idea really is to get things back to being a bit more friendly and civilised, basically getting topics started and keeping them on track and with discussions not going to far. I expect then we could have good discussions.
Anyway thanks again Paul, and i'll congratulate Rui and Ryo as well, shall be great to work with everyone.

Yeah, best of luck to our new mods and thanks for offering your time and effort. Arnie seems to approve too so I guess it's all good. ^_^

Omedeto Rui, Ryo, Arby!
I already feel we're coming out of the darkness and into a happy world where we can all realise our own self-worth as well as others'. All we need now is cloning technology, giant mecha, and for someone to implant a foetus in their hand.

Now, to celebrate, let's all go bump my Urusei Yatsura thread!

I agree with Ryo there. That would be ideal!

Where did all the all posters suddenly return from today? It's great to see some old faces reappearing.

R, laughing at ayase's choice of picture

Rui said:
I agree with Ryo there. That would be ideal!

Where did all the all posters suddenly return from today? It's great to see some old faces reappearing.

R, laughing at ayase's choice of picture

didn't notice the pic till you mentioned :D

i like.

Rui said:
"ban X, I don't like him/her"

Ban him.

I'm happy to see Roy has been made into a mod. This, at the very least, means I won't be banned instantly, which is a good enough reason for me to be happy. I expect special treatment since it was obviously my recommendation in the argument thread that made Paul understand that Roy is the best choice!

By the way, if Roy is the only one with banning abilities and Arseblast and Scouser #1 never do any deleting/editing/work in general, what's the point of 'em having green names? If members get to request special colours, I want blue - it's always been my favourite colour.

Aion said:
By the way, if Roy is the only one with banning abilities and Arseblast and Scouser #1 never do any deleting/editing/work in general, what's the point of 'em having green names? If members get to request special colours, I want blue - it's always been my favourite colour.

Sorry, no special treatment ;) but that goes both ways. The other two have proper mod powers now as well and some good ideas of what to do with them.

Blue is a nice colour.

R

****, I'd best stop calling Arseblast Arseblast.

If you won't ban him or not ban me under any circumstances, will you ay least make my name blue? :(

Congrats you three. thinking about it that was the best decision to make Paul :thumb:

Just a question Rui.....where is this Mod island? somewhere warm or cold ;)

finally the bickering and whining will end and order will be restored, can someone lock Aions thread about him being admin. it'll only lead to another flame war.

thats all for now
:)

Yes, and can someone warn Tachi for flaming me no reason in that thread? He ruined a wonderful thread with needless hate.

Aion said:
If you won't ban him or not ban me under any circumstances, will you ay least make my name blue? :(

No. But if you really like blue things perhaps you could make a new avatar of Naru in a blue sweater/swimsuit/hat. Then you could smile inside every time you see one of your posts.

R

Back