Final Fantasy Overview Thread

Yes, just you on the Esper on the battlefield, until it either: Runs out of time with the time limit, dies, or uses it's overdrive when the conditions are met. You'll want to make a decision on who you give it to soon, the boss you fight soon after you recieve it was quite... hard, but no rush, and remember give it to you think deserves it most. ^^

EDIT: I personally give it to Ashe because she was crap, but now she's my best character.

It'll probably go to Vaan as he is my main character and I tend to give him first dibs of all the good stuff.

I never use Ashe, I mainly use Basch, Vaan and Balthier I am concentrating on them, later I will build up the other characters as i need them for support

I tend to round my characters up well together so they're all somewhat equal, so when it comes to boss battles, when my core team dies the others won't be second rate when it comes to fighting, I learned this when I fought Tiamat.

Lupus Inu said:
I tend to round my characters up well together so they're all somewhat equal, so when it comes to boss battles, when my core team dies the others won't be second rate when it comes to fighting, I learned this when I fought Tiamat.

Yeah I love that new idea that if the main team is wiped out you have the reserve team, thats why I have kept thwere licences up to date as well as there weapons by they are about 8 - 9 levels below my main 3.

I have to ay I love the idea that all members can fight through swityching as its the one thing that has annoyed me about previous FF games, the fact that you have 6-9 team members but the majority just sit back and watch you get you butt kicked when you know in real life they'd be mucking in with you.

in FFXII, it is a good idea to train them all up.. otherwise when you come to later bosses, like Dr Cid in the Draklor labs and Phalos you are gonna get your ass kicked.

I find this to be a great game, and actually quite a bit more difficult than the others.

I think I am in the final area.. The Bahamut, although if this is the final area, I'd prefare no one to tell me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just super power 3 chacters usually and use the other 3 for pit stop heals though maybe i should train the other 3.

I use balthier,fran and vann as my 3 chacters(i got them first)

X_nick_X said:
I just super power 3 chacters usually and use the other 3 for pit stop heals though maybe i should train the other 3.

I use balthier,fran and vann as my 3 chacters(i got them first)

I tried that setup but having 2 long distance attackers seemed to weaken me against certain bosses, especially since the boss would go for them rather than Vaan and they'd be wiped out quickly so I turned Balthier into a magic user and replaced fran with a hard hitter, in my case Basch.

Haven't been able to play this game for 2 days and its driving me nuts, luckily I am off work for a few weeks starting friday so I will have plenty of time to get stuck in again

I have slipped from my FF XII playing grove, I used to play it to no end, but since I got my PC back I've only played it for an hour or two... should play it on the weekend and finish it off, I'm at least 2/3 into it by now.

Final Fantasy X2 curse strikes again

Arghhhhh!!!!! I have played this game 5 times now the first time I missed the main weapon costumes so had to restart and then missed a different one the 2nd time. 3rd time I powered off the console while it was saving by accident so it corrupted the file..... gave up for about a year and tried again in August only to forget the main weapons/costumes and so gave up.....

So I started the game again this week and what happens, I am playing and have been for about 3 hours straight, no save points as I was in a level that has very few and my gf walks in and turns the power off to plug in her hair straighteners Angy was a mild way of putting my reaction WHY straighten your hair so close to me she never does her hair in the livingroom so why tonight..... I swear this game is cursed

McIcy said:

Arghhhhh!!!!! I have played this game 5 times now the first time I missed the main weapon costumes so had to restart and then missed a different one the 2nd time. 3rd time I powered off the console while it was saving by accident so it corrupted the file..... gave up for about a year and tried again in August only to forget the main weapons/costumes and so gave up.....

So I started the game again this week and what happens, I am playing and have been for about 3 hours straight, no save points as I was in a level that has very few and my gf walks in and turns the power off to plug in her hair straighteners Angy was a mild way of putting my reaction WHY straighten your hair so close to me she never does her hair in the livingroom so why tonight..... I swear this game is cursed
Ouch, now that's just bad look man. Besides FFXII, FFX-2 is the only one I haven't completed yet. I got fustrated with the game myself. ><

Voddas said:
McIcy said:

Ouch, now that's just bad look man. Besides FFXII, FFX-2 is the only one I haven't completed yet. I got fustrated with the game myself. ><

I know the feeling it has so many parts that act against each other like if you follow the story you miss loads of side missions and if you complete some of the side missions later special items won't be available to you. I am just playing through the story at the moment as I am determined to see the ending and find out if she gets Tidus back.

McIcy said:
I know the feeling it has so many parts that act against each other like if you follow the story you miss loads of side missions and if you complete some of the side missions later special items won't be available to you. I am just playing through the story at the moment as I am determined to see the ending and find out if she gets Tidus back.
Keep me posted. I want to know the outcome too. Suppose I could just look it up on the net like. ¬_¬

McIcy said:
Voddas said:
McIcy said:

Thankfully the only thing i can really say is that FFX-2 does have a new game+ mode, so you're equipment and everything you've done carries on. As in you have say 89% first time round, you only need to get the remaining 11% on you're second playthrough so its makes it a bit easier.

Arbalest said:
McIcy said:
Voddas said:
McIcy said:

Thankfully the only thing i can really say is that FFX-2 does have a new game+ mode, so you're equipment and everything you've done carries on. As in you have say 89% first time round, you only need to get the remaining 11% on you're second playthrough so its makes it a bit easier.

And one day I hope to complete the game so I can go back and try to get the full 100%

Back