Final Fantasy: Dissidia

Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I reading a topic where fanboys are mocking people for being fanboys? I must be the only sleep-deprived gamer (thanks COD4) who finds this irony amusing. We got people debating about the awesomeness of a game that isn't even out yet, and comparing it to a game that's ageing like a geezer. Can anyone say pathetic?

Nemphtis said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I reading a topic where fanboys are mocking people for being fanboys? I must be the only sleep-deprived gamer (thanks COD4) who finds this irony amusing. We got people debating about the awesomeness of a game that isn't even out yet, and comparing it to a game that's ageing like a geezer. Can anyone say pathetic?

Meh. It's just heated discussion - if you can't take it, don't bother with the thread.

I'd love to play this, if only for the chance to repeatedly stab any FFIX characters involved in it, i am sorry but I really hated FFIX

McIcy said:
I'd love to play this, if only for the chance to repeatedly stab any FFIX characters involved in it, i am sorry but I really hated FFIX

FFIX is bad? :[

I thought FFIX was more popular with anime fans, no? Well, I've yet to play it, but I'm really not sure whether I'll love it, or just like it (I adore Final Fantasy, so the chances of me not liking are virtually non-existent).

Why didn't you like FFIX?

CitizenGeek said:
McIcy said:

I thought FFIX was more popular with anime fans, no? Well, I've yet to play it, but I'm really not sure whether I'll love it, or just like it (I adore Final Fantasy, so the chances of me not liking are virtually non-existent).

Well it went in a full circle back to around ff4 in 3d probaly what put most people of and then theres the...guy in the jock strap :oops:

Nemphtis said:
You're late to the party, but you might kick off another one.

Edit: IX was one of the "better" games, to be honest, I can see the reason to hate, but I personally don't.

CitizenGeek said:
McIcy said:

Second try to post a reply here! Had a power cut for 14 hours yesturday!

I was going to say something along the lines of that I've played quite a bit of FFIX and I have to say it's fantastic. There are a ton of innovative 'mini-game' type things, but which are involved in the main story, like you get to play out a play in a theatre with tons of special fake moves right at the start. Along with a massive amount of fantastic and very moving cut-scenes I can safely say that FFIX is positively AWESOME. Can't wait until I have some time to properly play it!
Ah I was also going to say about the way you learn moves, which again is different as in all FF's. In FFIX you get weapons with skills attached to them, and the more you use the weapon, the more points you get on the weapon and when it's full you permenantly learn the skill. Love it!
And that's pretty much it I think =) Recommended!

Bump. So why has no one exploded over this yet? Because Cloud's yet to be announced, eh?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/obJr4tYmXRw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/obJr4tYmXRw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kefka confirmed and Terra indirectly confirmed, I'm sold.

Lupus Inu said:
Bump. So why has no one exploded over this yet? Because Cloud's yet to be announced, eh?

Actually, I lol if Cloud isn't in it. It's very ammusing to watch fans crying if that happen

The only character that I like is Onion Knight. As for the trailer, saw it.. Looks good. I just don't get it... Jecht isn't a villain.

I exploded over it a while ago and was given a PSP as a present in readiness ;) fortunately there's plenty more for me to use it for until the release date.

Kefka > Cloud

R

@ Chrono Mizaki: A lot of people think it's Zack, haha, mainly because of Crisis Core, but I -really- doubt it, Zack would be alright though, he'd fit in with Tidus and they could become BFFs. Also, yeah, Jecht is the villian, quite awkward too in the last minute or so of the video when most of the villians are together all overly-dressed and flamboyant while Jecht is sitting there all cool like "Yo, sup?"

And Rui I agree, fully. =)

The PSP, not that it's a crappy hand-held, it didn't really strike me much, but with this game... I really do want one now. Though it's out December in Japan.

Dissidia is like every single Christmas combined with every single birthday for me. It really is a gaming dream come true! That trailer looks amazing - the battling looks fun, but I'm most looking forward to the storyline. The director said the storyline is even longer than Crisis Core's (and CC: FFVII had a satisfyingly long story). The CG looks incredible and the mere thought of a plot centring around FF's villains vs. heroes is insanely exciting!

I hope some FFXII characters show up soon because, you know, FFXII is the best game ever made and easily the best game in the series. I can't imagine Fran, Balthier and Vaan being excluded and it would be seriously awesome if a few Judges were in there too (Gabranth and Bergan are the most likely, considering they are by far the most evil, but I'd like to see Drace too, because she's the only female Judge).

Cloud Strife is definitely going to be in the game. There's no point even speculating about that.

CitizenGeek said:
I hope some FFXII characters show up soon because, you know, FFXII is the best game ever made and easily the best game in the series.
... I have to disagree, strongly with that, but if that's what you think fair enough. Also, there's only going to be I-X included, but I think XI and XII will be DLC content for the game.

CitizenGeek said:
Cloud Strife is definitely going to be in the game. There's no point even speculating about that.
No doubt about that.

People want Sora in though... there are no words.

Lupus Inu said:
Also, there's only going to be I-X included, but I think XI and XII will be DLC content for the game.

That's confirmed, is it? :/ I sure hope you're right about them being included as DLC, but I'm disappointed they won't show up in the story.

People want Sora in though... there are no words.

I'd love Sora to show up, actually. And Riku and Kairi and Organization XIII :p

Lupus Inu said:
CitizenGeek said:
I hope some FFXII characters show up soon because, you know, FFXII is the best game ever made and easily the best game in the series.
... I have to disagree, strongly with that, but if that's what you think fair enough. Also, there's only going to be I-X included, but I think XI and XII will be DLC content for the game.

Actually if Vaan is in it. I will enjoy every second when I put Vaan to 'stand still' and beat the crap out of him for being the worse main character ever.

But really, I have played FFXII over and over again. And I cannot bring myself to like it and it would be horrible if they appear in Dissidia.

@ Chrono Mizaki: A lot of people think it's Zack, haha, mainly because of Crisis Core, but I -really- doubt it, Zack would be alright though, he'd fit in with Tidus and they could become BFFs. Also, yeah, Jecht is the villian, quite awkward too in the last minute or so of the video when most of the villians are together all overly-dressed and flamboyant while Jecht is sitting there all cool like "Yo, sup?"

Blame Tetsuya Nomura for his recycling of his grand idea, just in many different forms.

If they do include XII I'd much rather see Balthier in it than Vaan. I don't hate Vaan but he is pretty, well, plain. A role Tidus already nicely fills. Someone like Balthier with a more interesting personality would be more fun for me. Or Fran, of course, but she's even less of a main character. I adored Fran.

R

Rui said:
I don't hate Vaan but he is pretty, well, plain.

Vaan is a deliberately quiet character, he and Penelo (who I'd also love to see in Dissidia) are supposed to be spectators in the greater story than anything else. Besides, he's a classy fighter ;]

Back