Final fantasy 13..on the xbox360

This thread is tragic - all the gleeful rubbing together of hands by the anti-Sony folks waiting for somebody to moan about Xbox so they can pile on and laugh and nobody cares :)

I have a PS3 and no Xbox incidentally but couldn't care less about exclusivity - the more people who get to play it, the more doujinshi there'll be. Yay!

R

Rui said:
This thread is tragic - all the gleeful rubbing together of hands by the anti-Sony folks waiting for somebody to moan about Xbox so they can pile on and laugh and nobody cares :)
I'm not anti-Sony (I have a PS2). I just like to laugh at Sony fanboys.
Rui said:
the more doujinshi there'll be. Yay!
I think FFVII has more than covered that for all games past, present and future.

Maxon said:
I think FFVII has more than covered that for all games past, present and future.

But I don't like Cloud and Sephiroth :/

And you can never have too many doujinshi.

R

It's hilarious to see so many anti-Sony zealots displaying the exact same kind of behaviour they are mocking as being traits of Sony fanboys. Like Rui said, this thread is tragic ;]

I have no idea where Lupus Inu got the idea that I was a Sony "fanboy", but I'm pretty sure that I'm not :s

I'm glad more people will get to play FFXIII, but I reckon I'll still be picking up the PS3 version because I prefer it as a console to the 360.

CitizenGeek said:
It's hilarious to see so many anti-Sony zealots displaying the exact same kind of behaviour they are mocking as being traits of Sony fanboys. Like Rui said, this thread is tragic ;]
Sony fanboys relied on FF:XIII to carry in home, it's quite funny how they lost it, I think if Gears of War [Which I don't give a **** about] came to PS3 I'm pretty sure the opposite party would act the same.

CitizenGeek said:
I have no idea where Lupus Inu got the idea that I was a Sony "fanboy", but I'm pretty sure that I'm not :s
Oh? So it's fine to call me a Nintendo fanboy? But when I call you a Sony fanboy it's all lies and ********?

CitizenGeek said:
I find it funny that any pot-shots at Sony and it's fanboys are always construed as an anti-Sony movement. Also, see one of my previous posts.

For the record I'm not a Sony fanboy either (have owned every Nintendo and Sega console since I was a kid and my DS never leaves my side) but the level of schadenfreude going on every time anything happens to Sony is really annoying. The anti-Sony bandwagon is old.

As someone who was always going to get this game on PS3 - congrats guys. I don't feel we PS3 owners lost something, I feel that RPG fans gained something. There are still plenty of great reasons for me personally to enjoy my PS3 without feeling I have to lord over people who prefer to Xbox with exclusives - the more choice we both get the better for my wallet too, ultimately, as we don't all need to buy one of every console each generation.

R

FFXIII is still exclusive to PS3 in Japan, though - which is kind of odd :s But that's where the game will matter most, so I wonder why Microsoft didn't go after it for that region.

Lupus Inu said:
Sony fanboys relied on FF:XIII to carry in home, it's quite funny how they lost it, I think if Gears of War [Which I don't give a **** about] came to PS3 I'm pretty sure the opposite party would act the same.

Eh ... I don't see how that's funny. But I'm not an anti-Sony loser, so I guess I wouldn't.

Oh? So it's fine to call me a Nintendo fanboy? But when I call you a Sony fanboy it's all lies and ********?

You've nothing at all to back up calling me a Sony fanboy with though. The fact you've now basically admitted that you're only calling me a Sony fanboy because I called you out on your Nintendo fanboyism is further proof that you just made it up.

You're right CitizenGeek, you're always right, I am 100% Nintendo fanboy and Anti-Sony quite clearly even the PS2 was quite possibly the greatest console ever.

Generally hearing this never actually surprised me as much as i expected it could have. Most probably the amount of people speculating that it would be put onto the 360 as well where right in the end. It doesn't bother me really, all it means now is that i don't have to worry about getting a PS3 first before getting it(though i still have that exact problem with Disgaea 3 =/).

@CitizenGeek: its not that weird why XIII isn't going onto the 360 in japan if you think about it. Its pretty well known that the 360, albeit well taken over the rest off the world, is probably least popular in japan. Chances are its down to the fact that PS3 sales are fairly high there and the 360 not so much.

Lupus/CG: You guys are so confusing, it's like you're on the verge of being best friends with a sort of grudging respect forming but also can't stand each other :s

It's like the main character and his long term rival in any number of shounen jump series.

Anyway I don't think anyone's really arguing about anything in this thread so hurrah!

R

Rui said:
Lupus/CG: You guys are so confusing, it's like you're on the verge of being best friends with a sort of grudging respect forming but also can't stand each other :s

It's like the main character and his long term rival in any number of shounen jump series.

Anyway I don't think anyone's really arguing about anything in this thread so hurrah!

R

Oh man thats funny, theyre not gonna like that though.......inevitably^__^

Outlawstar said:
Rui said:

R

Oh man thats funny, theyre not gonna like that though.......inevitably^__^

I don't know it wouldn't be the first time that someone has said something like that :p

Given that Square said months ago they were porting the 13 engine to several platforms this has to go under "Least surprising Megaton of all time" for me.

Frankly I was happier with Geometry Wars 2, Galaga Legions, Banjo Kazooie, and Portal: Still Alive for XBLA.

Only reason I don't own the first portal is because it comes with the rest of The Orange Box (I have a lot of hate for HL1)....well....that ad the game falls apart 20 minutes from the end.

Rui said:

I'm Gon, CitizenGeek is Killua. True story.

I've never actually played a FF game before :oops:

However having seen a few trailers, I now think I'll be picking it up on the 360...whenever that may be.

I'll still be buying a PS3... well not buying my gf and family are all getting me one for my birthday next month. So FFXIII will still be going onto my PS3 and not the evil of Xbox360

Maxon said:
McIcy said:
So FFXIII will still be going onto my PS3 and not the evil of Xbox360
Nothing like fanboyism and limiting your choices, amirite?

And it would never occur to you that maybe - just maybe - McIcy didn't like the Xbox360 for the many legitimate failings (lack of many 'true' exclusives, outrageous failure rate with hardware, paying for online play, lack of Japanese games etc.) it has and not out of some childish fanboy attitude?

Disliking the 360 is perfectly reasonable and does not indicate fanboyism - you'd do well to understand this concept, Maxon.

CitizenGeek said:
(lack of many 'true' exclusives, outrageous failure rate with hardware, paying for online play, lack of Japanese games etc.)

Gears was popular enough, thats an exclusive, as was Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata.

Ive never had a problem with mine.

Paying for online? Its not really expensive.

Lack Of Japanese games?? Weeaboo??

Back