Final fantasy 13..on the xbox360

Spyro201 said:
(I also said best game this year, not 'next gen', but that doesnt really matter. Btw, that wasnt a flame at you, Lupus).
Of course not. Lawl. Although, the game did re-use areas, but it can be forgiven since it was Dante.

I think what alot of people forget when compairing sales of PS3's and 360's is that it does invole Japanese sales

and Japanese have never been fond of Microsoft or the Xbox.

Lupus Inu said:
Spyro201 said:
(I also said best game this year, not 'next gen', but that doesnt really matter. Btw, that wasnt a flame at you, Lupus).
Of course not. Lawl. Although, the game did re-use areas, but it can be forgiven since it was Dante.

I didnt find that annoying though. Thats all. Sure loadsa people did, but it didnt phase me at all. And the run of bosses at the end, I enjoyed. It didnt really bother me at all. Tbh, I didnt like Dante that much in it. Nero > Dante.

Ryo Chan said:
I think what alot of people forget when compairing sales of PS3's and 360's is that it does invole Japanese sales

Very true, despite the big Ms best attempts to sell it to them, like getting more RPGs on it.

Ryo Chan said:

My impression was that the Japanese market was always blown out of proportion anyway. Sales of a console in Japan are practically a drop in the ocean of the worldwide figures.

What gets me most about all this is that by the time Final Fantasy XIII actually gets released in Europe, both consoles will actually be affordable so it won't matter whatsoever. I bet you'll be able to buy the scaled down versions of both consoles for the current price of the PS3. Provided that the world's economy hasn't tanked and we're all forming our own parties of magic using, motorcycle riding psychics, fighting for food in the Nuclear Dawn that follows.

kupoartist said:
Ryo Chan said:

My impression was that the Japanese market was always blown out of proportion anyway. Sales of a console in Japan are practically a drop in the ocean of the worldwide figures.

What gets me most about all this is that by the time Final Fantasy XIII actually gets released in Europe, both consoles will actually be affordable so it won't matter whatsoever. I bet you'll be able to buy the scaled down versions of both consoles for the current price of the PS3. Provided that the world's economy hasn't tanked and we're all forming our own parties of magic using, motorcycle riding psychics, fighting for food in the Nuclear Dawn that follows.

don't be so sure

they're phasing out the current ps3 for another with a larger HDD, and have no plans for a price drop before christmas

hence why i seem so negative about Sony atm, i'm losing all the respect they got from their ps2 days

Spyro201 said:
Just face, 360 is owning PS3's ass badly.

No, that's not true.

I'm not trying to be pro-Sony or anti-360; these are just facts. PS3 has outsold the 360 in Europe, Japan and Australia and is selling well in the U.S. despite the fact that the 360 had a huge head start. If that's what you consider the 360 'owning' the PS3 then you'll have to do a better job of explaining your opinion.

The delusional 360 fans in this thread are no longer bearable, but these facts and figures will put everything into perspective.

Maxon said:
I'm saying that my view of this generation's consoles (and the fanboyism associated with them) is objective, unlike yours since you seem to have an unnatural dislike for anything that isn't by Sony, and anyone who disagrees with you is just plain wrong.

Eh, what? Where did I do any of that?

You're pretending to be objective, yet you're obviously offended by me suggesting that PS3 might not actually be failing, as so many seem so childishly eager to see, and that 360 might not actually be better than PS3 in my opinion. I am being objective, and I think that's what your problem is.

tbf, the only thing really nowerdays that makes the ps3 better than the 360 is the blu ray player.

We're in the days where very few top rate games are "company specific" and for every good one one company does own the rights too, the other one will will have a game that sells just as well.

As said before, the only beef i have with Sony is their reluctance to lower the price of their console when all their competitors have done so

Every time microsoft has brought out a new version, they've sold the lower HD model for less

All Sony does is fade it out and add a new one with less features (need i remind you of the original ps3 with backward capabilitys"

CitizenGeek said:
Eh, what? Where did I do any of that?

You're pretending to be objective, yet you're obviously offended by me suggesting that PS3 might not actually be failing, as so many seem so childishly eager to see, and that 360 might not actually be better than PS3 in my opinion. I am being objective, and I think that's what your problem is.
Eh, where did I do that. :roll:

Christ sake, stop it already. I am annoyed by your ****** attitude towards other consoles and the people who like them. If you ever paid attention to my posts (which I doubt you ever have judging by the content that last one), you'd notice I don't hate the PS3. The problem here is you perceiving any criticism towards the PS3 and Sony as a personal insult and proceed to throw the criticism back in their face instead of addressing it properly. I get annoyed by Sony fanboys. Not the PS3.

Get it into your thick skull: I do not dislike the PS3.

Knowing you, this message won't stick, so you can consider me out of any discussion about the PS3 with you in particular.

Ryo Chan said:
As said before, the only beef i have with Sony is their reluctance to lower the price of their console when all their competitors have done so

The PS3 is a higher-end, higher quality machine than the 360 is; of course it's going to be more expensive than the 360.

Maxon said:
The problem here is you perceiving any criticism towards the PS3 and Sony as a personal insult and proceed to throw the criticism back in their face instead of addressing it properly.

I honestly have no clue what you are talking about. Where did I take it as an insult - you're going to have to back that up, but I know you won't.

You're the one that branded McIcy a fanboy for expressing his dislike of the 360. You're the one that got personal, not me. It's so funny that you make the point that you're not a fanboy in almost every post and then proceed to totally prove that you are a fanboy with other things you say.

Get it into your thick skull: I do not dislike the PS3.

You're acting like the thick fool; you're inventing situations that didn't happen and accusing me of things I didn't do. Calm down and return once you've put together a reasonable reply, and please ground it in reality next time. Thanks ;]

How did this topic escalate into a war between the PS3 and the 360? I mean... end of the day, they are just boxes full of computer chips and stuff.

Logically... everyone should own both and appreciate it's good side and bad. The PS3 and 360 are like... green tea.

It taste bitter on it's own. But put some sweetner into it and it's a good tea nethertheless.

... I'm not making sense, huh.

...carry on >.>

Chrono Mizaki said:
How did this topic escalate into a war between the PS3 and the 360? I mean... end of the day, they are just boxes full of computer chips and stuff.

Logically... everyone should own both and appreciate it's good side and bad. The PS3 and 360 are like... green tea.

It taste bitter on it's own. But put some sweetner into it and it's a good tea nethertheless.

...carry on >.>

least someone makes sence, There is no better console, each one has it's own uniqueness

it's not like we're compairing Linux to Windows here :D

Ryo Chan said:
Chrono Mizaki said:

...carry on >.>

least someone makes sence, There is no better console, each one has it's own uniqueness

... Linux is better than Windows *shot'd*

Actually, I never used Linux. Also... Since when I make sense? I seemingly never do tbh...

Chrono Mizaki said:
Ryo Chan said:
Chrono Mizaki said:

...carry on >.>

Actually, I never used Linux. Also... Since when I make sense? I seemingly never do tbh...

Scary i know, before you know it, Sony and Microsoft will merge to take on the mighty Nintendo :D

Ryo Chan said:
Chrono Mizaki said:
Ryo Chan said:
Chrono Mizaki said:

...carry on >.>

Scary i know, before you know it, Sony and Microsoft will merge to take on the mighty Nintendo :D

And then it will all be reunited by the Evil corp called 'E.A' and the dark age of gaming will begin.

Ryo Chan said:
don't be so sure

they're phasing out the current ps3 for another with a larger HDD, and have no plans for a price drop before christmas
It doesn't need to come before Christmas. It needs to come anytime before sometime after the Japanese release date for a game we've seen scant detail on and the non-parallel port and localisation work once they're done with it. My money is on Q1 2010.

edit: At the earliest.

Back