Film4 Screens Studio Ghibli Films in August

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
Film4 will be screening Studio Ghibli films between August 1st and 9th and part of that screening list is the UK TV premiere of My Neighbors the Yamadas. Here's the schedule:

Thursday August 1st: My Neighbors the Yamadas (11:00) Sub

Friday August 2nd: Ocean Waves (11:00) Sub

Saturday August 3rd: My Neighbor Totoro (11:00)  English Dub

Sunday August 4th: Arrietty (11:00)  English Dub

Monday August 5th: Ponyo (11:00) English Dub

Tuesday August 6th: Whisper of the Heart (11:00) English Dub

Wednesday August 7th: My Neighbors the Yamadas (1:45), Sub  The Cat Returns (11:00),  English Dub

Thursday August 8th: Only Yesterday (11:00)  Sub

Friday August 9th: Kiki's Delivery Service (11:00)  English Dub
Sunday August 10th: Arrietty (17:15)
Source

You missed this listing: Saturday: August 10th: Arrietty (17:15)

Also, the Wednesday August 7th screening of My Neighbors the Yamadas is not at 13:45 but 01:45 - you mixed up am and pm.

I am prepared to watch some other Ghibli films even if Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke wasn't my cup of tea. This is the perfect opportunity to catch up on what I've missed. :D

neptune2venus said:
I am prepared to watch some other Ghibli films even if Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke wasn't my cup of tea.

You have no soul :(

:lol:

I haven't seen My Neighbours the Yamadas or Ocean Waves yet so will be checking them out.

Re:

Genkina Hito said:
Thursday August 1st: My Neighbors the Yamadas (11:00) Subbed.

Friday August 2nd: Ocean Waves (11:00) Subbed.

Saturday August 3rd: My Neighbor Totoro (11:00) English dub.

Sunday August 4th: Arrietty (11:00) English dub.

Monday August 5th: Ponyo (11:00) English dub.

Tuesday August 6th: Whisper of the Heart (11:00) English dub.

Wednesday August 7th: My Neighbors the Yamadas (01:45) Subbed.
The Cat Returns (11:00) English dub.

Thursday August 8th: Only Yesterday (11:00) Subbed.

Friday August 9th: Kiki's Delivery Service (11:00) English dub.
Because people might care, y'know?

Ian Wolf said:
You missed this listing: Saturday: August 10th: Arrietty (17:15)

Also, the Wednesday August 7th screening of My Neighbors the Yamadas is not at 13:45 but 01:45 - you mixed up am and pm.

@Ian: Thanks for the info Ian. I've updated the times and added Arrietty. I checked the schedule and the webpage but missed it so thanks for catching it.

@Vox: Apologies and criticism accepted. Next time I report on anime screening on UK television I'll be sure to mention whether it's dubbed or subbed. I missed out listing sub or dub for Arrietty on the end and I haven't added the other Ghibli films that will be screened later in the month until I get more info from the Film4 site itself.

I recorded over 10 of the films back when they did that Film 4 Ghibli season back in May or something. The Yamada's is one that wasn't shown back then and I'm not sure if Whispers Of The Heart was so they'll get recorded. The rest I have/didn't want :p

Don't forget that the Bleach movies are being shown on the Sony Movie Channel over August too. The first one is on the 5th August at 1:05am with a timeshift one at 2:05am.

Yeah I'm eager for the Bleach ones. I only need 3 and 4 though so I just hope I don't forget about them seeing as me has a while to wait :p

Back