Favourite opening/ending sequences

There's quite a few OP/EDs I enjoyed over all the things I watched, but I won't list them all.

Monogatari holds a special place with me, I loved how they used the VA's for the songs a lot of the time, some exceptions though (Shinobu for example where she didn't sing them for some reason).

More recently, I liked these ones:

Re-Creators OP1

Darling in the FranXX OP1

Guilty Crown OP1

I don't usually like the ED songs as much, but Shinsekai Yori had quite a nice ED!

There's quite a few OP/EDs I enjoyed over all the things I watched, but I won't list them all.

Monogatari holds a special place with me, I loved how they used the VA's for the songs a lot of the time, some exceptions though (Shinobu for example where she didn't sing them for some reason).

More recently, I liked these ones:

Re-Creators OP1

Darling in the FranXX OP1

Guilty Crown OP1

I don't usually like the ED songs as much, but Shinsekai Yori had quite a nice ED!

Totally agree, I love how Monogatari really focuses on the main character in each arc with unique opening and closing credits and generally pretty good tunes to go with their fantastic artwork & animation. Also love both the closing credits for Shinsekai Yori, but the one you put there really is fantastic (I can't find the second one on YouTube sadly) and I think shows off the director's talents (I believe he did the ed for erased as well which has beautiful visuals & he's directed Horimiya which I really want to watch).

I haven't watch guilty crown but definitely love the ones you've put up for re:creators and darling in the franxx!

Totally agree, I love how Monogatari really focuses on the main character in each arc with unique opening and closing credits and generally pretty good tunes to go with their fantastic artwork & animation. Also love both the closing credits for Shinsekai Yori, but the one you put there really is fantastic (I can't find the second one on YouTube sadly) and I think shows off the director's talents (I believe he did the ed for erased as well which has beautiful visuals & he's directed Horimiya which I really want to watch).

I haven't watch guilty crown but definitely love the ones you've put up for re:creators and darling in the franxx!

Guilty Crown is alright, prefer RE:Creators and FranXX but it wasn't bad, and one season then done type of deal. Sawano did some of the OST on it as well.

There are so many good songs it would be hard to list them all really, so I will probably just post newer ones I see when I watch stuff in here rather than backfilling too much. I like a lot of the ones in the isekais I've seen like Tanya, Overlord, RE:Zero etc.

What's your fav Monogatari one? I have a soft spot for Sugar Sweet Nightmare which was one of the Hanekawa ones. I don't think there are any bad OPs though.

Guilty Crown is alright, prefer RE:Creators and FranXX but it wasn't bad, and one season then done type of deal. Sawano did some of the OST on it as well.

There are so many good songs it would be hard to list them all really, so I will probably just post newer ones I see when I watch stuff in here rather than backfilling too much. I like a lot of the ones in the isekais I've seen like Tanya, Overlord, RE:Zero etc.

What's your fav Monogatari one? I have a soft spot for Sugar Sweet Nightmare which was one of the Hanekawa ones. I don't think there are any bad OPs though.
I generally quite like all of them including the one you mentioned but my favourite opening and song are from the first season Bakemonogatari and that Kimino Shiranai Monogatari song always reminds me of Araragi the loveable deviant & Senjougahara watching the stars at night. The Karen Bee opening would be my next favourite particularly down to the brilliant flame animation, but yeah now that I think about it quite a few are coming to mind so I'll stop there heh.

Don't generally watch Isekais but Re:zero has probably started a trend and yup, great songs & score from that too populating a chunk of my playlist heh.

Way behind you guys in watching stuff probably but the Psycho pass ED1 is really good (watching s1 atm)

I didn't gel with Railgun but Railgun OP1 is also great:

I haven't seen either yet, working my way towards psycho pass but railgun is far lower on my list heh. Saw the psycho pass movies shown on screenanime recently and like this ed, the sci fi visuals were pretty impressive.

I haven't seen either yet, working my way towards psycho pass but railgun is far lower on my list heh. Saw the psycho pass movies shown on screenanime recently and like this ed, the sci fi visuals were pretty impressive.

Psycho pass so far is good but I'm only 50% of the way into season 1. Very sci-fi/dystopia.

I think Railgun just lost me a bit with season 1 because it was a bit too much slice of life for me, apparently the next Railgun series are better.

I didn't want to progress too far into it, it has a really confusing watch order, with the Index series being part of the same universe. Some people said you could skip Index, some said it was better watching both.

I didn't want to progress too far into it, it has a really confusing watch order, with the Index series being part of the same universe. Some people said you could skip Index, some said it was better watching both.
Yeah these sprawling series I can only manage one at a time and I'd forgotten about Magical Index. I also didn't realise there was a specific watch order for this - good to know, I've become very anal about getting the latter right after I ruined my Haruhi experience by following the default chronological (messed up) watch order funimation put on their discs. Anyhoo, not having a funimation subscription at present helps keep this series much lower on my watchlist heh, though I didn't know it was SoL until watching this OP; not an issue for me as I do really enjoy a well made SoL.

Psycho-PASS is a most-awesome Top 5 anime for me - I even really liked Season 2, just as much as I did the first season, even though I held off watching it for almost 3 years because I was stupid enough to believe all the poor reviews online about it. Poppycock! 😤

Railgun / Index I tried but sold off my Blu-rays shortly after. It's not really my kind of anime at all.

Last edited:
I even really liked Season 2, just as much as I did the first season, even though I held off watching it for almost 3 years because I was stupid enough to believe all the poor reviews online about it. Poppycock! 😤
Ah bugger, makes me wish I'd just gotten it during the Christmas sales now whilst it was dirt cheap at 5 quid or lower even...

Awesome.

Presume it changes at some point. It’s always a shame when they change them and u like them.. does this
last the entire S1?

Sadly this one does indeed change, looks like episode 14 of S1 onwards has a new one. It's not bad but it's not as good as the first half of the season :)

Sadly this one does indeed change, looks like episode 14 of S1 onwards has a new one. It's not bad but it's not as good as the first half of the season :)
Damn, this one really gets me in the mood aswell. Oh well, I knew by S2 it defo would be something else so not to worry.

I‘ve finally found an opening I like, rewatching series 1 as I can’t remember it and haven‘t seen the other seasons yet.

Probably the best OP from AoT with the great action sequences, though as I mentioned a bit earlier, I'm really digging the current season's OP & ED for the great music and animation. But by now I've mastered the ability to add video links as well, hurrah!

Last edited:
I’ll have a listen when I get there. Don’t wanna see any spoilers so I dare not click on them 😂
Probably the best OP from AoT with the great action sequences, though as I mentioned a bit earlier I'm really digging the current seasons OP & ED for the great music and animation. But by now I've mastered the ability to add video links as well, hurrah!

I'm also avoiding as I haven't seen any of S4 yet, was waiting for there to be enough episodes for me to binge it :)
Goodness, I need to get better with this spoiler function, sorry everyone!

By the way, I did the same and didn't watch AoT after the first release, until the fourth season had aired a few episodes. Binged it at at a very rapid rate thereafter, as I really enjoyed the second season especially, and caught up too quickly with the fourth one. For what it's worth, the fourth doesn't appear likely to wrap the story up and there's speculation of either a there being an unannounced second cour, or follow up movies to complete the story. Thought I'd give you guys a heads up as, if I had known that I would've probably waited a bit longer to binge it all.

Back