Paper Mario and the Thosand Year Door
Tales of Phantasia
Tales of Symphonia(I love this game)
Star Ocean
Star Ocean the 2nd Story
Star Ocean Till the End of Time
Lunar 1 The Siver Star Story
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
Pokemon (Yes I like the games, even if the anime sucks)
Sailor Moon Another Story
.Hack 1-4
Chrono Trigger (One of my favourite games XD)
Kingdom Hearts (another favourite)

And that's all I can think of for now...well...I think I got a little carried away, ah well ^^;

I was so addicted to Pokémon Yellow it wasn't even funny! There was a time it was the only game in my GameBoy Colour for about 6 months! I loved my Charizard. It was called Inferno :D .Prince of Persia was good too, but it was too damn short!

I'm also really getting into these MMORPG things. Star Wars Galaxies is brilliant. Especially when you get into your landspeeder and go zooming across the desert with about a hundred and fifty million odd looking creatures chasing you!

My favourite RPG is Knights of the Old Republic. I dont really like Star Wars though this game is awesome. A fantastic story and great graphics to match. I aslo like all the other Bioware RPGs like neverwinter nights.

There are RPG's other than Final Fantasy?!?! Lol! I think someone mentioned Vagrant Story, so that gets my vote cos it was cool.

I've got Wild Arms 3 as well, but I can't really seem to get into it...

as for just an RPG if i cant choose FF (god damn sacreligous)
then id choose ocarina of time that was the first game to actualy get me emotionaly involved.

but as for mmoprg gotta be pso for me just loved it

Ocarina of time without a doubt. In my eyes, it is still the best game ever made. Nothing has come remotely close since. Even now, 7 years on, i can still pick up that game, and totally immerce myself in the world for a couple of weeks worth of play. Nothing gets frustraiting, its all pure enjoyment on every level. I'm usually very tough on my ratings of games, but aside from slightly easy bosses, there is nothing i can really critasize the game on.

As for older RPGs, Landstalker for the Mega drive tops it. A brilliant game through and through, though it is obcenely hard at times and very frustrating towards the end. But as it is, it succedes in the Ocarina way by making the story supreme.

Notable mentions go to Links awakening, A Link to the past, Shenmue, and Wonderboy.

(Note i am not a fan, especially in the post 16 bit era, of turn based games, i believe it is obsilite, madeningly slow, and just generally far more boring than a real time RPG. I was put off FF7 after the 10th random monster battle. :evil: )

I love all of the Zelda series, except Majora's Mask (kinda got a stupid story and turning into what ever mask you wore, WTF!) but I also like the dot hack games, ohh and Zoids Legacy for the GBA, and the Medabots games for the GBA (I think they were RPG's) ohhh and of cause Pokemon!

The Star Ocean series is good, but I don't think it's one of my favs.

The first RPG I ever played was Grandia 2, which was a mistake. It’s a case of me comparing every RPG I play to Granida 2. Now I know the graphics weren’t great and the story wasn't ground breaking but what I really liked about it was the battle system.

1. You could avoid battle because you could always see the enemy as pose to the random crap that goes on in other RPGs and 2. Even though its turn based the characters would always move around as you battle, plus turns where based on your position on a meter.

Not this whole thing of "I attack you and jump back then you attack me and jump back, then I attack you and...... :x ....... as result I couldn't get into Final Fantasy no matter how good the stories are the battle system does my head in.

breath of fire..now i think about it...i liked that series...and onimusha..i would say that is also an RPG so i liked that as well...the one thing i have found though..as yes great graphics are good to have and all..they don't make the game..the gameplay, storyline, lifespan and all that make it.

probably vagrant story. but i have to mention vandal hearts, i know it wasnt really an rpg but i had to mention it cus it was so damn good

Golden Ax Warrior. u cut cut the trees down, cut the trees down i tell you. proper did antthing else in master system era rpg
Kev

Tales of Symphonia for the Story line and the heavy-duty character development...

Phantasy Star Online for the hours of life i've put into it (atleast 1000 by now)

Most of Zelda...because they get me thinking

This is a tough one but I adored Dark Chronicle (aka Dark Cloud 2) on the PS2. Fantastic Japanese RPG that one!

Really, really liked Breath Of Fire V: Dragon Quarter too!

Also all the Zelda titles I've played too. Can't forget them! :)

I would have liked to have mentioned some from the "16-bit" era and though I'm old enough to have played them nback in their day, I didn't get into RPG's until the late nineties, so you'll have to make a concession with me on that one. :lol:

Skies of Arcadia is fanatstic! I absolutley would have that as one of my favourites....but I have to say ; Tales of Symphonia...I totally worship that game, even if it is totally cliche and predictable ^^;

Back