Fall/Autumn 2012 - New Streaming Show Announcements

Rui said:
Conan, chill out. Andrew is probably not allowed to say so and speculate about other companies directly in his position, but this is almost certainly because Sentai/TAN streamed To Love Ru Darkness before its Japanese premiere in error. Reading between the lines, the Japanese rights holders are obviously in major damage control mode and presumably this is what's thrown things into chaos for us as well. As Kaze/AoD had nothing to do with whatever caused the original mistake in the US with To Love Ru this time, they're going to be fighting to get those shows back for us as soon as possible. It's bally annoying for everyone involved (and I'm sure the Japanese rights holders lose a lot of money from advertisers and have a lot to worry about whenever it happens too), but pinning the blame when we have no idea what the circumstances are isn't going to fix it any faster.

R
See that is all I needed to know; it is likely that because ADV did a dumb thing with To Love Ru, the japanese have reacted with their typical reaction to these things. For an example of this see the time when the French Branch of Viz thought themselves cleaver of streaming Persona 4 Ep 2 early - Namely they went bonkers and punished everyone, even the innocent and, more than likely, pushed the fans onto the fansubs again.

I Know Andrew can not say these things lest he upsets the perpetrators (and the Japanese) but still a little context what's stops me from throwing the table.

ayase said:
ConanThe3rd said:
how could have I phrased that? I'm really interested to know, really.
I imagine something along the lines of "I was rather disappointed to see that some simulcasts on AoD have been delayed - any more light you can shed on this Andrew, industry rep who often visits the forums and tends to do a pretty good job of keeping us informed?" in place of "Speaking of Utter Nonsense" might have been the way to go.
Ok, my comments after the link, I'll give you. But the link itself I have to say is about right; AoD has (99% of the time not by their own hand, 1% where they didn't help themselves) has suffered various problems in streaming shows and after a point this starts to get just a bit exasperating.

I'd love nothing more than AoD to become what every other TV'esc service in the UK has failed to be and each time something like this happens, that gets further and further from being the case and it often closes avenues like Neon Ally and UK TV airtime leading to an emaciated presence of the industry and a lowered possibility for new fans and thus new financial gains.

My "They (and/or Japan)" comment, I'll admit was a bit off base (It was the Americans this time, by all accounts) but I did not levy that as an attack at Andrew personally (and I still stick by my Only Sane Man in the Industry™ nomenclature for him, I know it's probably not true but he's the only one who shows up and has ties to a company that doesn't do frustrating things 99% of the time) but the bizarre cthulian creature is the industry that purports itself as the means to get episodes of DBZ from Japan and into my television whilst allowing me to pay the appropriate parties the correct money due of them.

Not surprised that Funi got Code:Breaker. Disappointed that Crunchyroll missed out on the noitaminA titles though :( Time for AoD to swoop in and save the day?

Crunchyroll does have some live action jdrama for us though...

Crunchyroll Adds New JDrama "My Little Nightmare"

Crunchyroll has added a new JDrama to the lineup of streaming entertainment for the Fall 2012 season. The show is a mix of comedy, science fiction, and supernatural elements known as My Little Nightmare. And wouldn’t you know…it also features a theme song by Momoiro Clover Z (Bodacious Space Pirates) and Jrock legend GACKT (that's him in the pic below at left)!

My Little Nightmare will broadcast every Friday starting on Oct. 19th, at 12pm Pacific Time for all members.

Here’s the story as provided by Crunchyroll…

The Saturday drama for Fall 2012 is a strange and funny Sci-Fi School Fantasy that's based off Riku Onda's novel ‘Mistaken Dreams,’ with a script written by Sumio Oomori.

The theme of this drama is ‘No matter how cruel your fate, it's up to you to open the path to the future!’ While the characters will struggle to change a cruel destiny into a bright future, our heroine is a total weirdo unlike any you've seen before!

A very strange teacher with trust issues has a dream that gives her a premonition, and meets a girl who has the power to see the future. Together, they find themselves trying to stop a nightmare. What cruel fate awaits our heroine, who doesn't believe in love or trusting anyone? Will it be an unstoppable nightmare or something else?!

One of the can't-miss parts of this drama is the ‘dreams.’ Every episode will have a ‘dream’ which contains a hint to stopping some awful event that's going to occur in the very near future! These dreams will be filled with sci-fi and fantasy special effects! An exciting world of dreams for everyone from children to adults! Filled with dramatic twists and comedic elements, this show is wonderful entertainment the whole family can enjoy!

My Little Nightmare will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

Crunchyroll Adds "Teekyu" Anime to Fall Lineup

What's this? Yes! Another new anime title has been added to Crunchyroll's lineup for the fall 2012 season!

The new sports comedy series Teekyu, based on the manga by Roots and Piyo, will debut on Crunchyroll Sunday, October 14th, at 7:00 am Pacific Time with subsequent episodes set to broadcast every Sunday at the same time. Pacific Time for its premium members. Free members will be able to view one (1) week after initial broadcast on Crunchyroll.

The series follows the hilarious everyday routines of four girls in the Kameido High tennis club who, on occasion, actually play some tennis. Oshimoto Yuri is a first-year who has grown critical of her upperclassmens' ridiculous antics, Shinjo Kanae is a silly second-year who joined the tennis club even though she can barely play tennis, Bando Marimo the second-year is an unpredictable pervert from Kansai, and Takamiya Nasuno the second-year is a strange rich girl who thinks everything can be resolved with money. Today and tomorrow and the day after, whether the four of them are together or not, this zany tennis anime is guaranteed to be full of laughs!

Teekyu will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: North America, South America, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.

K was released today (Thursday) on Anime-on-demand which is nearly on time when it was released in Japan 1.30am Friday.
Does anyone know what time it's posted in the UK, same with Magi, just seen thats been updated but will they have Magi up on Sunday/Monday just after it being aired in the UK, same with ToLoveRu-Darkenss.
Please post times, thanks!

BDT87 said:
K was released today (Thursday) on Anime-on-demand which is nearly on time when it was released in Japan 1.30am Friday.
Does anyone know what time it's posted in the UK, same with Magi, just seen thats been updated but will they have Magi up on Sunday/Monday just after it being aired in the UK, same with ToLoveRu-Darkenss.
Please post times, thanks!

K is out 7.30pm on Thursdays
Magi shows at 6.30pm on Crunchyroll, so it should be around that time on AoD from next week. However it's a delaycast and will air on Wednesdays.
To-Love-Ru Darkness I'm not sure about though.

I would really love a weekly (or even better, monthly) schedule with times up on the AoD homepage at some point, similar to CR's, so I can get my head around the timings (I know they show the next episode release time on the banner under the homepage video at the moment, but sometimes I get out of sync and end up confused). I enjoyed Magi last night :)

R

the "My AoD" feature is useful for keeping track of things. It doesn't tell you when the next episode will be up, but it does tell you when new episodes are available.

Shiroi Hane said:
the "My AoD" feature is useful for keeping track of things. It doesn't tell you when the next episode will be up, but it does tell you when new episodes are available.

Ooh, never really noticed that (I'd assumed it was just an account management screen). That is somewhat helpful, thanks :)

R

Ian Wolf said:
Ath said:
We can add Aoi Sekai no Chushin De, that anime that reimagines the Sega v Nintendo console war, to Crunchyroll's list of shows for the season.

I've been looking forward to this series. It should be an interesting watch I think.

I'm intrigued too, loving the names of the empires, Ninterudo and Segua. I'd love it if "Genesis does what Nintendont" gets uttered at some point but somehow I doubt it :p

Back