Fall/Autumn 2012 - New Streaming Show Announcements

ConanThe3rd said:
Wouldn't paying for that show (having your username, payment detials, etc attached to it) kinda put a giant arrow under you screaming "Here I am, Chris Hanson, come and get me!"?
I'm paying for the Anime On Demand membership, not the show =3.

Crunchyroll Adds "Girls und Panzer" Anime to Fall Lineup

Get ready for the "military series that'll tickle your heart," because Crunchyroll's latest announcement is the addition of Girls und Panzer. The series will stream every Wednesday, starting October 10 at 8:00 pm Pacific for premium members, and free members will be able to watch eps a week after their debut.

Tsutomu Mizushima (Squid Girl) directs, with Reiko Yoshida (K-On!, Polar Bear's Cafe) handling series composition. Animation production comes from Actas (Mazinkaiser SKL, Tales of Phantasia).

Girls und Panzer (check the link for more soon) will be available in the following territories: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, and South Africa.

Crunchyroll's synopsis:

In alternate Japan where the art of operating tanks and artillery is considered just as an important for a girl's education as is flower-arranging or the tea ceremony, every school has a tank club and all the girls participate. The main protagonist, Miho Nishizumi, is a girl who dislikes tanks and just wants to have a normal high school experience. However, after being ordered by the student council president to join the tank club, can she and her friends overcome their dilapidated tanks to win the national tournament?

To Love Ru Darkness, Chuunibiyo, Hidamari Sketch and Busuo Shinki are delayed, due to a problem that is apparently not an EU problem. No ETA yet.

reborn said:
They're hoping it's a first week delay for the shows.
https://twitter.com/animeondemand/statu ... 0354124800

I'm not so bothered about the delays as it'll give me a chance to do some catching up. More so i'm bothered about the issues but at least with shows delayed - it gives them some time to work on the issues.
I would have liked to have hoped it would have been a simple "We have to delay this a week, sorry guys" situation. I mean if they don't know how long then who the hell does?!

Lawrence said:
ConanThe3rd said:

Boo hoo, AoD are streaming the best series from the Autumn season for free but there is going to be a slight delay. Oh, how unfair they are to us. Maybe next they should pay us for watching anime on their site, I won't accept anything less as an apology.
Slight I can deal with, "We don't know how long" is the part that urks me to hell and back. And damn right boo-hoo if we now have no idea when they'll start streaming. I would rather them get their (and/or Japan's) **** together as way of apology but I suppose it would be easier to pay us off, the way it's going.

ConanThe3rd said:
Boo hoo, AoD are streaming the best series from the Autumn season for free but there is going to be a slight delay. Oh, how unfair they are to us. Maybe next they should pay us for watching anime on their site, I won't accept anything less as an apology.
Slight I can deal with, "We don't know how long" is the part that urks me to hell and back. And damn right boo-hoo if we now have no idea when they'll start streaming. I would rather them get their (and/or Japan's) **** together as way of apology but I suppose it would be easier to pay us off, the way it's going.[/quote]

We don't know how long because the issue means we have to revise our entire material delivery network for four titles that we had spent a long time finalising already due to this incident (which was not at all related to us). As a result I would rather under-promise on a schedule and get it all set on schedule quickly than over promise and keep apologising daily for the shows not being there. If you'd rather a schedule I could spurt arbitrary dates like no tomorrow but with MIPCOM this week a lot of the key essential people are away so there are a lot of delays.

That said you would just complain about that too though so quite frankly I'd can the attitude - as it's exactly that which demotivates so much of the industry including myself from checking in on these threads. There is nothing you said here that couldn't have been said a little politer and still maintain the level of what you believe to be "calling it as it is" that you pride yourself in.

Best and as frustrated as everyone else right now,

Andrew

As long as we know that the shows are coming and that AoD and the relevant parties involved are trying to sort it out, I can wait. The delays are unfortunate, sure, but it's not like AoD intended for them to happen.

I might have liked to have watched To Love Ru Darkness on a Friday night (I have no social life, I admit it!) but it's not like waiting a little while longer will kill me.

kaze_andrew said:
We don't know how long because the issue means we have to revise our entire material delivery network for four titles that we had spent a long time finalising already due to this incident (which was not at all related to us). As a result I would rather under-promise on a schedule and get it all set on schedule quickly than over promise and keep apologising daily for the shows not being there. If you'd rather a schedule I could spurt arbitrary dates like no tomorrow but with MIPCOM this week a lot of the key essential people are away so there are a lot of delays.

That said you would just complain about that too though so quite frankly I'd can the attitude - as it's exactly that which demotivates so much of the industry including myself from checking in on these threads. There is nothing you said here that couldn't have been said a little politer and still maintain the level of what you believe to be "calling it as it is" that you pride yourself in.
I'd rather anything other than a vague non-reason and "It wasn't our fault, really!" in not so many words. If MIPCOM is the problem say "We can not confirm an exact schedule at this time, things should be clearer around Thursday at the earliest"

And tell me, as I clearly lack the vocabulary to appease the all knowing industry, how could have I phrased that? I'm really interested to know, really.

You'd probably still be getting your knickers in a twist even if AOD did say that though (especially if they weren't able to comment on Thursday, even though it technically would have said "at the earliest").
When I tweeted AOD asking if they had an ETA, they replied "We'll update as soon as we have one, none yet." I'm sure that if Andrew was confident enough in a possible date for the episodes to be up, he would have told us by now and I'm sure that Andrew and everyone else involved in AOD are just as, if not more, annoyed than some of the consumers are. One extra day without the episodes up is one extra day without people watching the streams, telling their friends about a particular series, getting them to watch it and ultimately bringing money in, right? (Not entirely sure how streaming works as a business model to be honest).

Conan, chill out. Andrew is probably not allowed to say so and speculate about other companies directly in his position, but this is almost certainly because Sentai/TAN streamed To Love Ru Darkness before its Japanese premiere in error. Reading between the lines, the Japanese rights holders are obviously in major damage control mode and presumably this is what's thrown things into chaos for us as well. As Kaze/AoD had nothing to do with whatever caused the original mistake in the US with To Love Ru this time, they're going to be fighting to get those shows back for us as soon as possible. It's bally annoying for everyone involved (and I'm sure the Japanese rights holders lose a lot of money from advertisers and have a lot to worry about whenever it happens too), but pinning the blame when we have no idea what the circumstances are isn't going to fix it any faster.

R

ConanThe3rd said:
how could have I phrased that? I'm really interested to know, really.
I imagine something along the lines of "I was rather disappointed to see that some simulcasts on AoD have been delayed - any more light you can shed on this Andrew, industry rep who often visits the forums and tends to do a pretty good job of keeping us informed?" in place of "Speaking of Utter Nonsense" might have been the way to go.

Back