Fall Anime Season 2011

Epic for an easily pleased person like me Tier
Hunter x Hunter
UN-GO (second episode showed good progression)

Chillax Show
Kimi to Boku (really getting better)

It's Ok I Suppose Show
Persona 4

Planned to Watch and...Don't Feel Like It/I'll Check it out Later/Somethings Stopping me from Watching it Tier
Chihayafuru (Kinda Interested me, don't feel like watching now though)
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere (watched first 5 mins, meh come back later, now damn stuff is unavailable in your region!!!)
Mirai Nikki (*Waiting)
Working!!2 (Damn you NIS America and your Season 1 licencing!)

there's some more as well, couldn't be bothered to list

Shuuya said:
Brings new meaning to the phrase "your tears sustain me". OK I'll do it.
:lol:

I hope you enjoy it!

TheLasersharkKH said:
Planned to Watch and...Don't Feel Like It/I'll Check it out Later/Somethings Stopping me from Watching it Tier
Chihayafuru
And you, too! Ignore the other ones on your list until you see this (although Working'!! is also v.good).

A list of what I am watching from best to worst

Chihayafuru - still a brilliant series 4 episodes in.
Bento
Last Exile
Guilty Crown
Un-go
Persona 4
Mirai Nikki - The concept for this was so interesting, I have no idea how it went so badly wrong

This season actually been really good so far, apart from Mirai Nikki

Watched the first episode of Chihayafuru last night; a bit on the fence about it, if I'm honest.

It looks lovely, but the story's focus on the poetry game (the proper name of which eludes me at present) struck me as a little forced and I wasn't immediately struck on the characters either.

At the very least, I'll probably stick with it for another couple of episodes out of sheer curiosity

Professor Irony said:
It looks lovely, but the story's focus on the poetry game (the proper name of which eludes me at present) struck me as a little forced
You mean, in the sense that it is tantamount to a McGuffin?

Yeah, that would be putting it pretty concisely.

I think it's partly the flashback nature of that particular part of the plot that threw me. I had trouble believing that kids of that age would be so passionate about a classical game like that - I know they're set up as the exception rather than the rule, but it felt more like they were talking about yugioh.

Arata, I guess I could understand to an extent, but I found Chihaya's sudden conversion to the game hard to take.

Ahh, that makes a lot more sense. It is a pretty common game for kids to be taught, though, and like you say they are setup as the exception, and it is made pretty clear that it's not generally considered the Super Cool thing to focus your life on. (I would consider it far less ridiculous than, say, a young kid randomly being an ace mobile suit pilot... ;) )

fwiw, if I had met someone like Arata and seen him playing Karuta like that when I was in school, I think I would have been pretty tempted, too.

I'm actually thinking about going back and really learning the Hyakunin Isshu as I type this. ^^;

Back