Fall 2007 season new anime list

shh227 said:
Well Genshiken series 2 would be the one to watch for me since I watch the first series and ovas. Clannad since its kyoto animations, Da Capo I don't really know because I have never watch the old series and maybe because it did'nt get licenced. I don't want to watch too many bishoujo or aimed directley at otaku animes because I have seen ef a tail of memories trailer. The character designs look like da capo and sola. The animation look really good so I may watch that instead. As for Shana I did'nt watch the first series but reminds me a bit of bleach for some reason except more otaku like. I think that 99% of the animes for autumn are going to be for the otakus.
That's not a really a fair statement. I'd say it's more like half.

Anyway, Da Capo is very different from your typical romance anime, unlike sola, which is so typical and predictable, it's awful.

Maxon said:
Da Capo II? I'm guessing it's a remake since the original Da Capo 2 sucked, even though it only finished last year. It never did the first season of Da Capo justice. Also there seems to be more sequels and moe looking anime than usual. Also, the anime I'm watching are only about halfway through.

This is a completley new Da Capo from what i've read, which is a great thing because the second season was utter crap.

Anyway, Da Capo is very different from your typical romance anime, unlike sola, which is so typical and predictable, it's awful.

Well I have not watch Da Capo so I can't compare it to sola also I had a look at Shaft's ef a tale of memories trailer and it looks a sugo! Ironically the character designs were made by the same person who made Da Capo and Sola. Also another a bishoujo game anime clannad I am going to watch.

So thats two bishoujo games animes and I don't want to watch any more or my big brother (Who is mundane) would think I am werid. :wink: plus I have got university starting next monday :cry:

However if this is true:
This is a completley new Da Capo from what i've read, which is a great thing because the second season was utter crap.

Then maybe because I have no time to watch a pre sequel right before the series is going to start.

Maxon said:
Da Capo II? I'm guessing it's a remake since the original Da Capo 2 sucked, even though it only finished last year. It never did the first season of Da Capo justice.

Agreed, i gave it up after a few episodes.

shh227 said:
However if this is true:

Then maybe because I have no time to watch a pre sequel right before the series is going to start.

You should watch the original Da Capo and then move onto Da Capo II. Da Capo Second Season was utter trash and was based loosey on the same material Da Capo was formed around. Da Capo II takes material from the second game (i think) so it's all new.

You should watch the original Da Capo and then move onto Da Capo II. Da Capo Second Season was utter trash and was based loosey on the same material Da Capo was formed around. Da Capo II takes material from the second game (i think) so it's all new.

Like I said my Uni starting very soon so watching anime for me is limited :( but if thats the case maybe I will.

Is there any of the upcomming animes besides clannad or sequals like shana, genshiken etc that any of you guys are interested in this autumn?

shh227 said:
Like I said my Uni starting very soon so watching anime for me is limited :( but if thats the case maybe I will.

Is there any of the upcomming animes besides clannad or sequals like shana, genshiken etc that any of you guys are interested in this autumn?
Good luck at uni :) .

I'm always a little hesitant about stuff that's not a sequel, or has strong precedent like Clannad - even if a show has good souce material, there's no telling how the adaptation will turn out. In a similar vein, while plot summaries can give you an idea of whether you'll like something or not, they rarely tell you how good the show'll actually be.

I generally listen to the buzz for a while, then check out stuff that sounds promising.

Erm, what exactly was bad with it? He'd just have the name of the subbers and that's it he wasn't all "OMG PROVIDE LINKS" and besides, I don't think Neuro has been subbed, yet, which is crap, considering it looks like one of the only GOOD series this season.

Looking down the list I don't know anything there besides Gundam 00 and I'm not a Gundam fan, but I'll be checking it out it incase its not all bad.
So with the likes of TTGL, Claymore, Lucky Star, Heroic Age and others all pretty much just ended, can this new wave really compete? :/
Are reviews out for EP1's of these shows yet? I don't fancy watching Ep1 of everything and as mentioned its stacked up on harem and I'm not a fan of that either -_- I understand I'm asking a little soon, but is there any shows that have been hyped up yet or recieved really good reviews?
Looks like I'll have to find some older stuff to watch, anit touched GITS yet...

Roadie said:
Looking down the list I don't know anything there besides Gundam 00 and I'm not a Gundam fan, but I'll be checking it out it incase its not all bad.
So with the likes of TTGL, Claymore, Lucky Star, Heroic Age and others all pretty much just ended, can this new wave really compete? :/
Are reviews out for EP1's of these shows yet? I don't fancy watching Ep1 of everything and as mentioned its stacked up on harem and I'm not a fan of that either -_- I understand I'm asking a little soon, but is there any shows that have been hyped up yet or recieved really good reviews?
Looks like I'll have to find some older stuff to watch, anit touched GITS yet...

Here are some micro-reviews of the ones I've watched so far
Gundam 00 1- Pilot's from Wing (hard and cold-blooded if slightly girly looking), Mecha a mix from from Turn A and X , philosophy from SEED (peace through superior fire-power), and seem to have borrowed plot from FMP (lad grown up in a war zone). Hasn't ingratiated or pissed me off enough yet to make any real comments yet but think i can see a little of what's to come. Will continue
Blue Drop 1 - Definitely wins the WTF? award for this seasons openers. While what happens is fairly straight forward for the most part, when, why and how are a little more vague. Definitely got me curious and wanting to know WTF is going on.
Kaiji 1- Hmm lead who's neither good nor evil, loan sharks and a card game that's definitely NOT going to be the next pokeyourmom or yugi go away. Art's a little weird, but will continue with it more to see where it goes.
Your Under Arrest Full Throttle - Guess i should have watched the original first, but fun enough with out the prior knowledge. May try digging out the OVA I have in the stack from DVD's to watch. Watcher but don't think it'll be a keeper.
Dragonaut 1- First of the new seasons crop that I've started watching and hmmm. They are playing their cards fairly close to their chest, but at the same time trying to foreshadow future events and characters. Problem is that I'm not quite sure what the show is supposed to be, and i don't know if they do either. Character designs would suit the comedy/harem side of things (with two characters with absurdly large chests, and another three with just large breasts, and a loli goth, and Space Butler), but the main character's hardships and the casual disrgard for the live of those with non speaking parts (extra are just like real people, they deserve love, respect and medical attention like everyone else Razz ). Oh yeah there are dragons and possibly aliens as well. It's not that these else elements cannot work together, its that its difficult. And if the sloppy battle animation is anything to go by they may not be able to pull it off.
As you can see start off watching alot and then whittle them down. Nothing has had the WOW factor in the 1st episode yet, but there seem to be enought thought provoking ones. Wonder if its like with the cinema block busters over the summer, more intellectual ones through the winter.

shh227 said:
So, um, what happened to Haruhi Suzumiya 2? It's not on that list any more (or am I just blind?).

It was comfirmed a few months ago and I don't think will see it until sometime next year

Yeah, it was never confirmed for a release this year, or at any time at all. All that has been confirmed is that there will be a second season. Same goes for some other anime on the list...

EDIT: May I suggest using www.anidb.info (click calendar on the left column) to see exactly when series are airing and for other information.

Watched Kaiji and Dragonaut and have to say I love the look of both of them (well Kaiji's nose gets on my nerves) and look forward to checking out Blue drop tonight.

Never was a Gundam fan so I won't be watching that

Back