Fairy Tail to be released next February

Yeah but... lots of stuff doesn't look that great in 720p on CR. D:

Not that I am expecting Fairy Tail to improve much, mind.

No normaly it's blurry upscale, with a few exceptions (mostly from this season).
Jaggies showing on what is normaly a blurry stream I judge as meaning that masters have realy visible jaggies, it should be reduceing them.

Jaymii said:
Thing is, do you personally notice anything about the video quality? Not everyone needs to be an av buff all the time.
For FUNi , yes, video quality (on DVDs) is now okay there's other screwups.
Mostly problems due to them doing English text replacement on OP/EDs. Loseing the Japanese ED completely has happened several times.

As regards to BDs there's some very bad upscales e.g. Samurai Champloo, Gar Rei Zero; where filters have destroyed the fine detail.

Reaper gI said:
Manga don't have Bund here, FUNi do (else they wouldn't have the streaming rights), they just distro through Manga.
From a consumer standpoint the distinction is largely irrelevant, but Manga aren't a distributor for FUNi; they sub-license from them. The difference is in who calls the shots and who is paying whom for what.

Reaper gI said:
link2link8 said:
CloudedMinds said:
Well since Funimation have also announced a bluray version, i very much doubt Manga will do the same. Guess i'll be importing then :roll:

I'm hoping it will be region free like dragonball kai is...
they only A/B series (they're still locked) where no one has licenesed them in region B. Manga have, so it should be locked A.

Could you explain FMA:B then? not trying to argue, I'm just wondering what the heck was going on with funi locking it as soon as Manga stopped, this is why I thought otherwise.

link2link8 said:
Could you explain FMA:B then? not trying to argue, I'm just wondering what the heck was going on with funi locking it as soon as Manga stopped, this is why I thought otherwise.
Sony (Aniplex) who are the licensee for the show are very anti region-lock, they wanted BD to be totaly region free.
It's posible they forced it.
This clearly screwed over Manga badly, so they decided to change it as they're hurting a business partner.

That seems plausable to me. Any Aniplex shows locked in Japan?

link2link8 said:
I suspect the reason here is that, while FUNi doesn't have the UK BD rights themselves, they were authoring the BDs for Manga. It's also possible they have rights in another B region like Australia or South Africa.

Back