Eurovision 2006

It's that time of year again!
Will anyone else be watching this cheesefest? I had my hopes that Belgium might make it to the final - sadly not the case!
I like the Malta and Sweden entries although I don't know if they'll win it. The favourites seem to be Finland with thier (horrible) heavy metal entry! As for the UK, we'll only get points because of the 'school girl' dancers and not the actual song.

I'll still be rooting for the UK even how 'chav' the song is! :wink:
________
Gm 54-degree v6 engine history

Eurovision is all political and has nothing to do with the songs, UK are only in it because we supply eurovision with the most money.

Heavy Metal? I doubt it. Although... Finland does like thier metal... I wouldn't mind hearing it.

HAHA!!! Yes!! I just looked it up and it's Lordi. Man they are awesome. It's a shame they didn't enter 'The Devil is a Loser'. I shall be watching this. :)

Bwahahaha I can't wait.

I have the song stuck in my head as we speak...damn chavs >_<

Ah well, good luck United Kingdom!! *waves flags*

Yes i shall be watching it as i have done for ages. Finland with heavy metal entry? hmm should watch for that.

[warning: completely biased content]

Lordi Rocks Halelujah! :mrgreen: Finally a song from Finland that isn't tepid, bland or just plain boring. I really, truly hope they win this year - or at least don't end up at the very bottom for the umpteenth time. They're way overdue for success. :p

We, however, failed to make the semi-final cut. :cry: Oh well - at least we got 2nd place in 1999. 8)

And yes, Eurovision has never been and will never be about the music. Even with televoting it's still all political. I'll still be watching it, because I love cheese. :-D I also love the fact that, no matter where the Eurovision contest is held, the planners are somehow always able to put together one heckuva cheesy, stilted and unconvincing male-female announcer duo. It is a marvel, I tell ye. :roll:

Erm..good luck UK...I guess. At least your song isn't as bad as Ireland's. ^_^;

Cheese? In Eurovision? That's gotta be a first... =p

I'll also be cheering on Lordi all the way. Maybe they'll crash the stage when the UK entry's on and treat us to some violence for bonus points...?

I can always dream...

The annual demonstration of how European countries still hate each other!

The ultimate in OTT metal that is Lordi won't, but deserve to, win. I'm just looking forward to everyone's reaction!

Ah Eurovision...one of these days I'm going to have a Eurovision party! I've always wanted one...

Anyway, the best thing I find about it is Terry Wogan's comments about the more bizarre acts, and how he always supports good old GB even if we're rubbish :D

Hardly a showcase of spectacular vocal talent, but then it really isn't meant to be :wink:

[fontsize= friggin' huge] FINLAND FTW [/fontsize= friggin' huge]

Its about time something different from POp cover-songs got into the finals.

go finland!!!!!

Meh to Finland and Lordi!

Eurovision is all about cheesy pop, if Lordi wins - I have lost faith in the competition!11one

My picks: Sweden (dramatic ballad/pop), Malta (boyband pop), Norway (background music)!
________
HERBAL VAPORIZERS

You don't think Lordi are cheesy? They are a joke band, the band knows it, Finland knows it. The Eurovision is a joke, everybody knows that too. They are perfect for each other.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
You don't think Lordi are cheesy? They are a joke band, the band knows it, Finland knows it. The Eurovision is a joke, everybody knows that too. They are perfect for each other.

true.

Still, Metal deserves to win, cause it's metal.

WTFDaveMustaine said:

In my opinion, cheese definition in music is cheesy pop music. Even naff metal bands can't compare! Eurovision has survived 51 years being a joke - I think that's pretty good. It's entertainment! :D
________
RESOLVING DISPUTES/TEMPLATES

And the entertainment this year will be a band walking on stage dressed like monsters and singing about rock music that was sent from the heavens and forged in hell. If that's not entertainment then I don't know what is. :lol:

Any song that has the words "On the day of Rockoning" in it, has my blessing. :p

WTFDaveMustaine said:
And the entertainment this year will be a band walking on stage dressed like monsters and singing about rock music that was sent from the heavens and forged in hell. If that's not entertainment then I don't know what is. :lol:

Any song that has the words "On the day of Rockoning" in it, has my blessing. :p

Yeah.

Plus they have guitars that shoot fire.

Back