Eureka Seven AO Trailer

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
A trailer for the latest Eureka Seven anime has been released on the official website. Unfortunately it is restricted to users based in Japan but it has found itself on YouTube. Check out the trailer.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tEQWg4JvX3g?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tEQWg4JvX3g?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<em>Synopsis:

Eureka Seven Ao has follows to major protagonists: Ao Fukai is a kid on the island of Iwado. His mother and father are missing and he lives with an old doctor named Toshio and he’s about to enter middle school. Naru Arata is Ao’s friend. She lives with her father, older sister, and grandmother. She also has a "Yuta" power awakened within her due to an incident when she was young. She might need to use her power because a mysterious creature is attacking on the Scub Coral life-form on the island and Ao is part of a Japanese military fight-back.</em>

Animation studio Bones is creating this series for Japanese TV channel MBS with Tomoki Kyoda (Eureka 7, Darker than Black) directing. Ao is voiced byYuutaro Honjou (Maho in Mushishi) while Naru is voiced by Kanako Miyamoto (Rene in Last Exile: Fam of the Silver Wing). The video also features the opening song “Escape” by the rock band Hemenway.

<a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-02-16/eureka-seven-ao-1st-promo-streamed">Source </a>

I picked up Eureka 7 as a complete blind buy last year because it had a surfing Robot on the box. I ended up being surprised about how much i enjoyed it, it had some issues ( I wanted somebody to shove those 3 kids out of an airlock every time they showed up), but in the end I thought it was a nice fun Robot show.

I think I will take a look at this new show, but I am worried about what its actually going to be about. I think the first show covered everything to say about that world, I'm not sure where they can go.

I did enjoy the first series even though im not a robot fan. But i think the first episodes were better then the rest of the series. It had something that got lost with the time. Anyway, i'm looking foward to see this one.

Now the main thing I need to know is:

Will it be a PROPER SEQUEL and not some 'alternate universe' crap which is has repeatedly been the single most annoying thing in anime for me?

I want to see what happens after, not what would have happened if...

Warmaster said:
Now the main thing I need to know is:

Will it be a PROPER SEQUEL and not some 'alternate universe' crap which is has repeatedly been the single most annoying thing in anime for me?

I want to see what happens after, not what would have happened if...

It's a proper sequel - no alternative universe stuff there. It's set sometime after the original series.

Andrew

Ahaha, is this a subtle hint, or did you start formally announcing AoD simulcasts for next season already? :D

Also, good stuff on catching up with Lagrange, since I have no other particular thread to post that in.

Just a strange note - in some art I have found on the net, Ao had green hair like Eureka, in the trailer that doesn't seem to be the case (Though he still has the Corilian eyes) A bit odd...

Back