Eternal Sonata

Uh some big snow building thing. in the snowwy area. im only bout 2 chapters till the end. just, Devil May Cry 4 is here soon, so il wanna play that

Spyro201 said:
Uh some big snow building thing. in the snowwy area. im only bout 2 chapters till the end. just, Devil May Cry 4 is here soon, so il wanna play that

Ah, yeah i know where abouts you are, haven't got too long to go, as for Devil May Cry 4 i've got it on preorder, i went nuts over the last game (Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition) so this one had better live up to number 3

I finished the game in 30 hours, and I grind quite a bit so you could take five to ten hours off that if your levels aren't far too high. I defeated the final boss without a healer.

When i finished the game my character levels were more or less even (44-45 i think) i was able to beat the final boss but i would of had an easier time if i knew what was coming...Ah the ability of hindsight

BlackWolf said:
When i finished the game my character levels were more or less even (44-45 i think) i was able to beat the final boss but i would of had an easier time if i knew what was coming...Ah the ability of hindsight

All my characters were level 61... I spend too much time fighting.

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:

Ah, yeah i know where abouts you are, haven't got too long to go, as for Devil May Cry 4 i've got it on preorder, i went nuts over the last game (Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition) so this one had better live up to number 3

Hope so. i only played no.1 and didnt finsih it, but im wway better at games now im a bit older so hpoefully this will be awesome. Plus im way more into action games. Im curious about Nero, i always liked Dante.

Yagami said:
Uhm, in term's of rpg's - What would you say this is? I can't stand turn based rpg's, so anyone care to enlighten me? :p

Its a badass JRPG. The battle system isnt turnbased, like Blue Dragon style. BW knows these terms better than me. So I hand over to BW...

Thank you Spyro :p Actually its Turn based but not turn based you get about 4 seconds (once you've reached the highest party level) to move your character into position, attack, launch a special attack to get the advantage of the game's harmony chain system, use an item. Then it moves onto the next of your characters (its all dependant on speed) when its your enemies turn they'll move, attack etc. when they attack though you can lessen the damage by pressing the block button at the right time (and later you can counterattack by a similar method)...that's pretty much the fighting system

but its a large step away from FF battle system if that's what's worrying you :p It's a good game, shame about the later details of the plot but its fun, teaches you about the music of Chopin as well

Ah, ok. It sounds quite nice - I'll try purchase a copy next time I'm out :D

I remember on /v/ once.. There was a pic of some guy who was obsessed with Eternal Sonata (his room was full of posters and stuff) and he had 3 tv's all playing eternal sonata on different consoles (and on each console, he had a modified case that had pictures of the characters in) - I don't think I'll ever get that picture out of my head lol >_<

:eek: but Eternal Sonata isn't out on PS3 till the fall that's scary devotion, now i'm just waiting for news of an Eternal Sonata 2 apparently its coming but nothing concrete (i wonder if it will still be based around Chopin or maybe another composer prehaps)

BlackWolf said:
:eek: but Eternal Sonata isn't out on PS3 till the fall that's scary devotion, now i'm just waiting for news of an Eternal Sonata 2 apparently its coming but nothing concrete (i wonder if it will still be based around Chopin or maybe another composer prehaps)

the 2 tales of games will be out before then (on wii and 360) so atleast you'll have something to keep u happy

Back