Ebay

Have you bought anime/manga on ebay?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I actually nearly bid on those, but the postage is too high :lol: :wink:

I buy about 75% of my anime DVDs on ebay and about 30% of my manga books on ebay.
I like ebay! I just won a Fimbles Florrie teddy for my 22 month old daughter, for a whole 60p :p (If you saw the state of the £25 Fimble I bought her, you understand why this time it was from ebay!!).

Miaka-chan said:

I buy about 75% of my anime DVDs on ebay and about 30% of my manga books on ebay.
I like ebay! I just won a Fimbles Florrie teddy for my 22 month old daughter, for a whole 60p :p (If you saw the state of the £25 Fimble I bought her, you understand why this time it was from ebay!!).

How can you tell which stuff is legit? More than half the stuff on there is bootleg :?

i've bought the first two RahXephon DVDs from Ebay, but they were being sold by a UK-A member so i could trust them. otherwise i haven't taken the risk.

The Judge said:
Miaka-chan said:

How can you tell which stuff is legit? More than half the stuff on there is bootleg :?
Experience :wink:
Seriously! I've been buying anime from ebay for almost 6 years. The biggest clue to bootlegs is the price versus number of episodes. If someone is offering say Cowboy Bebop, all 26 episodes on 3 discs for £15.99 it's a bootleg! If however, someone is offering 6 DVDs in individual cases, for £50 then they're legit! You also check the region coding, 99.9% of region 0 DVDs are bootlegs.
I also know that a lot of titles aren't overly popular to the mass majority and certain places sell these titles dirt cheap, sellers on ebay buy them up in bulk and then flog them on ebay cheap! My region 1 boxset of Fruits Basket was from one of these sellers and I got it for £42.50, instead of £57.60 from UP1 :p The same seller sells the legit R1 DVDs for between £6 & £12. I bought the whole of Nazca for £24 and they're legit! I could have bought the same thing on bootleg for £12.99, but why would I?! :wink:

Voted No, as I can never be bothered to set up a paypal account.
I think once you have the basics that Miaka mentioned it fairly easy to spot bootlegs. Theres various guides on the net on how to avoid them (presuming you want to avoid them) too.

Mangaminx said:
I can't understand why everything thinks you need a Paypal account to join ebay :?
You don't need anything! If you have a main server email address (i.e. a provider whose disc you inserted into your PC, AOL, BT etc), you don't even need to register a debit/credit card. You just fill in your name and address/email details and you're away! There's no Paypal involved!

Miaka-chan said:
Mangaminx said:
I can't understand why everything thinks you need a Paypal account to join ebay :?
You don't need anything! If you have a main server email address (i.e. a provider whose disc you inserted into your PC, AOL, BT etc), you don't even need to register a debit/credit card. You just fill in your name and address/email details and you're away! There's no Paypal involved!

Don't have a main server e-mail address (dont think I even have one of those discs ;) ) . Probably did at one point, but lost it and never used the e-mail.

Have I bought anime/manga on ebay? Nope.

Do I have a look at 75% of the listings and see pirated copies? Yes.

Do I want to pay someone else money to pirate anime for me? No

Do I have confidence that the few legitimate looking items are in fact not just pirated copies at marked up prices to make them looking more genuine? No.

Would I ever touch ebay for anything over £10? No.

Have I recieved more Phishing emails than I've won e-bay bids? Yes.

Do I wish that Ebay would get its act together or just plain die? Yes. Death is preferable.

Do I think that everyone has lost sight of the fact that this "poll" is in fact a thinly disguised attempt to advertise ebay bids? Yes

Do I think they're also annoyed at this mock Q&A monologue that I'm writing in this thread? Hell Yeah.

Shall I stop now? Yup.

I think your 75% of anime DVDs are pirate is a little out there, it's more like 90% :lol:
Besides as far as I'm aware you can't pirate an actual manga book (just don't buy the manga CDs containing the entire manga series for only £2.50 :wink:).

I use eBay all the time for games, manga, anime DVDs..you name it!

You just have to be careful and a bit savvy when it comes to bidding on items, there are ALOT of bootlegs and other 'fake' stuff going around. If a 'Buy it now' price is too good to be true - then it probably is!

Research your item and know all the detail specifics, I'm sure R1 Anime DVDs are not 'Region 0 with Chinese Subtitles' lol. And also check out a seller's feedback and ratings - It's usually a good indication!

I buy lots of anime DVD (usually from US Sellers) and have had no problems what so ever! Usually I buy second hand and they are almost perfect! Neo Ranga Vol 1 for ??4?? Yes please! :wink:

Not to say eBay has it's problems but like everything else - common sense goes a long way! :D
________
Honda Pilot (ATV) specifications

i put yes but ive only oreded 2 things so far and they where the hack games (they sort of anime)

but i do plan to get alot more when i can.

said yes have brought some stuff off there before and once you get the hang of it its easy but i still prefer useing play.com ^^

Back