E3

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
Surprised a thread hasn't turned up yet. Starts tomorrow.

Microsoft's Press Conference begins in:

0 days 2 hours 29 minutes 05 seconds

I'll be watching on GameSpot.

I was going to watch it on IGN, but GameSpot have a better video service (or at least they used to, I was watching some things on IGN earlier today and it seemed fine) so I might watch there instead. I don't really care about MS's stuff though, really. I'm most looking forward to the Sony one. And I hope Square Enix have one too! :]

Consider Alan Wake and SC Conviction on my to buy list. Project Natal looks interesting, as did the molyneux tech demo. Sky TV on the 360 is going to be interesting, only issue I can think of is network connectivity in this country. Instant-on 1080p videos is also cool.

Sony and Nintendo are going to have to pull out all the stops with their conferences to beat microsoft.

I know many won't care, but Halo 3: ODST does look nice i have to say, looks far different to Halo 3. But the one that got me is Halo: Reach. I know people won't care much for it, but i expect its being taken straight from Fall of Reach and First Strike, so i'm extremely happy with that.

MGS: Rising never actually surprised me i have to say, at least that it would be on the 360, it just seemed rather inevitable, still i expect people would have preferred ZoE 3.

I expect that a lot of titles are still to be announced for the 360, and they will with the company conferences.

I'm pleased enough with MS' show today. Lots of fun stuff coming out. Shame I plan to move to NZ for a year though, and travel. Will miss out on some cool stuff XD

Ugh. Microsoft were awesome. Anybody who has Felicia Day on their team should win. Also, Milo was insanely pointless and cool. Left 4 Dead 2 should've had some proper gameplay and Alan Wake didn't' do much for me. I sort've want a 360.

I expect them FF guys to head on over to Sony today to plug Versus, yeah?

Hopefully the streams will be off to a better start today.

In fairness, MS were fantastic yesterday. It was just brilliant announcement after brilliant announcement. The Project Natal thing is obviously a gimmick (as much as the Wii is) but it looks like it's mildly entertaining at least. Alan Wake looked incredible, as did Halo: ODST (I've never played a Halo game before, though!). And, of course, MGS: Rising (do we know if this is exclusive to the 360 yet?) is extremely appealling.

That said, I'm always going to be a PlayStation fan, I think, so I'm hoping Sony will deliver as much as, if not more than, MS did later today. A re-designed PS3 would be a great start! They should give lots of time to Versus XIII too, which I think will sway FF fans who have yet to buy either a 360 or a PS3 (like myself). L.A. Noir, White Knight Story and Heavy Rain will also be awesome :]

Of the current console platform choices, I can only get excited aboout the xbox 360. No games on the PS3 that arent on the xbox have tempted me apart from Infamous which Prototype is very similar too and I think that should be ok for me.

Yet more exclusive titles and a Wii beater. Just Microsoft doing what they do best, using their financial might to try and elbow their competitors out of the marketplace.

I'm more interested in the UMD-less PSP Go...

The PSP Go looks interesting. It's kind of let-down in terms of it's design, though. The original PSP design is by far better. Given how great the PSP looks, I'm always disapointed when Sony underwhelms with design (as it did with the PS3 and now the PSP Go!). As long as the new PSP MGS isn't exclusive to the PSP Go (and I can't imagine any reason it would be), then I won't be replacing my original white PSP :]

Also, I think I've found that rare thing: a worthwhile game on Wii! It's a mobile phone game on WiiWare, and is still more appealing than 95% of all Wii games :p

ANother question is wether you can load your games that you have on UMD onto it, or have to buy them again off their online store.

I'd imagine Sony will have some way of allowing you to download games you already own for free. It'll make the PSP Go so much less appealing if you can't play PSP games you already own on it.

Back