E3

Lupus said:
SE is clueless since Hironobu Sakaguchi left Square Soft in 2001.
I'll assume that this is a joke, or that you've simply decided that this is the case and thus not played their games. You certainly can't have tried anything they've done for the handhelds.

I'm looking through their list now and all I'm seeing is ports and low-tier RPG games like Kingdom Hearts, you probably mean TWEWY and Valkyrie Profile, the latter I haven't played and TWEWY I don't want to play it, I've played some Yu-Gi-Oh games on GBA, I don't want to play a SE rendition on DS thank you very much.

Arbalest said:
@Necro: Hideo Kojima is working on that castlevania? whoa, talk about a team up. Not only that, but the trailer looked spectacular, and if the voice acting is as strong as it is on there, and the gameplay is as nice on that, i think it'd be safe to say we have a great game to look forward too, hopefully we can see more sooner rather than later.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09 ... ords/50774

From this video he revealed he won't be the head of the project like MGS, etc but will have some sort of guiding role in the development (can't really have him being the lead on Lord of Shadows, MGS Rising, MGS Peace Walker and MG Arcade at the same time), the game looks like it's gonna be great either way, always thought another full 3D Castlevania would have to become a story driven God of War-type game rather than trying to be more like the successful 2D Metroid-vania types :p

Lupus said:
TWEWY I don't want to play it, I've played some Yu-Gi-Oh games on GBA, I don't want to play a SE rendition on DS thank you very much.
With all due respect, that's ample evidence that you don't really know what you're talking about. There's nothing out there that plays like TWEWY. And the idea that "game has cards = might as well be a Yu-Gi-Oh game" is a bit weird, tbh.

The Yu-Gi-Oh thing was a joke. To be fair I've seen all the priase about TWEWY, but it's all from the wrong people who I know thinks anything SE throws out is like instant 10/10 material. I've seen the gameplay and although it seems decent, the character designs are just plain bad, the lead character is just Sora with headphones thrown onto him. I'll give it a try some time, never know, I MIGHT like it. But still, it's not like one game can instantly change everything about SE regardless if they did something right.

Well, like I say, a lot of their more interesting games such as Nanashi no Geemu and Sigma Harmonics haven't made it out of Japan yet, but whether you can play them or not I still think those games offer evidence that Squeni hasn't gone to the dogs just yet.

Back