E3 2010

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Right, thought i'd get a topic up and running for this now. The conferences and such don't take place until monday, but i thought i'd start this up so that i could get some of the pre-E3 news down. I'll be posting news as i see it come through from the conferences on monday, so when something is announced, you'll hear of it.

Anywho, starting with pre-e3 stuff. SquEnix have got their line up for what they will be showing available, and surprise surprise, Versus XIII is not on it. My hopes for KH3 where bashed down too with that not being there also. But, who knows what'll be announced at the Sony Conf

Their line-up is as follows:

The 3rd Birthday
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dungeon Siege 3
Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Front Mission Evolved
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
The Tales of Bearsworth Manor: Chaotic Conflicts
The Tales of Bearsworth Manor: Puzzling Pages

The 3rd birthday will include an all new Parasite Eve game and Re:Coded is the DS version of Coded which was released on the Mobile in japan.

Rock Band 3 is officially announced and it is set to bring in with it the keyboard as a playable instrument. This will be a 25-key peripheral and it will also include Rock Band Pro mode that "will help players develop real-world music playing fundamentals for keyboards, guitars, and drums"

Partial song listing is available here.

Oh and Surprise! Portal 2 has been delayed until 2011, funny that. Though Valve are still spurting out that theit surprise is still portal 2 themed, probably to try and stop fans from thinking its Half Life 2: Ep 3, which they keep asking for.

Since there is also a lot of announcements already out, here is a list of them, trailers can be seen on Gametrailers.

Mortal Kombat - this has no relation to that live action trailer also recently released, meaning new film/revamp
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
DJ Hero 2

I'll add more as i find it.[/b]

Apparently Sony's conference listing leaked and it had Zone of the Enders 3 and I was HYPED but it also had Alundra 3 and then I realized it must be fake.

As far as I'm concerned the biggest announcement could be:

Nintendo 3DS (which is going to be more powerful than the Wii) and a new Metroid game on the 3DS.

It's so soon? Who will have the best streaming this year do we think? I hate that five minute kerfuffle at the beginning of the first presentation trying to find the best one. Speaking of which, who's doing what day?

Genkina Hito said:
As far as I'm concerned the biggest announcement could be:

Nintendo 3DS (which is going to be more powerful than the Wii) and a new Metroid game on the 3DS.

New metroid game? sign me up, can't wait to get Metroid: Other M

Got us a fair few exclusive looks into gameplay thanks to gametrailers. They just uploaded some more trailers for the following titles to be shown at E3, including a debut trailer which i think Jayme may like:

Scott Pilgrim vs The World - this is basically an adaptation of the comic, not the film. Looks pretty awesome too.
Killzone 3
Gran Turismo 5
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 Cinematic trailer
Fallout: New Vegas
Dead Space 2

And others there is(since url linking em all is boring me now) are:

Devils Third
Pirates: Armada of the Damned
Super Scribblenauts
Socom 4

I bringeth news of a new fire emblem game set for the DS, with a new twist. The next Fire Emblem is the second one focusing on Marth, so continues after Shadow Dragon that was released on the DS last year. The twist? you can now create your own character, gender, looks and class, into the game and they will get special chapters in the game which focus on their storyline seperate to Marths. The game is set for a release on the 15th next month in July, but have to wait to see for the US and Europe.

EDIT: classes you can make your character:

- Archer
- Mage
- Cavalier
- Fighter (Male only)
- Knight (Male only)
- Mercenary (Male only)
- Myrmidon (Female only)
- Pegasus Knight (Female only)

Basically what Aya-kun said. I had it mentioned in my top post as well, but as it was a lengthy one, you may have missed it.

And for those lazy folks who won't click the link, the time table is as follows:

Microsoft 10am PT(6pm our time) - Monday 14th
EA 2pm PT(10pm our time) - Monday 14th
Ubisoft 5pm PT(1am our time) - Monday 14th
Nintendo 9am PT(5pm ours) - Tuesday 15th
Sony 12pm T(8pm ours) - tuesday 15th

Konami have on wednesday, but whether or not it will have a video stream we'll have to see. 1up aren't doing one at least, Gametrailers might.

Some Xbox news. Project Natal has been given its final name, and that name is Kinect(pronounced Connect). I'm not entirely sure as to where the name came from, but Here is gamespots piece on it.

Also, rumours have been flying left, right and centre for an Xbox slim with Wi-Fi being officially revealed tonight. To be fair, if this is true, it took them bloody long enough, hah.

One other piece, a 500gb PS3 has been officially registered now with inproved Wi-Fi, so if you thought 250gb wasn't enough, here's your chance to double it! Just be ready to fork our bajillions.

So far nothing's wowed me =/ Force Unleashed II looks just like the first, but with two lightsabers, Pirates of the Caribbean RPG interests me but it didn't make me think "OMG I MUST HAVE IT," ENslaved has me a intrigued but again, not screaming for it. =( I hope MGS: Rising gets some footage this year or else I sense much disappointment, with everyone showing off their new tech, rather than games.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
So far nothing's wowed me =/ Force Unleashed II looks just like the first, but with two lightsabers, Pirates of the Caribbean RPG interests me but it didn't make me think "OMG I MUST HAVE IT," ENslaved has me a intrigued but again, not screaming for it. =( I hope MGS: Rising gets some footage this year or else I sense much disappointment, with everyone showing off their new tech, rather than games.

Well to be fair, the event hasn't started yet, so there hasn't been anything to WOW you with, ;p. Starts in half an hour, and i'll be frequently updating this topic with what is announced. So if you want something to wow you with, just keep an eye on this topic, since something will surely pop up.

Microsoft Conference started

Getting a look into the first Gameplay of COD: Black Ops. Only seems to be covering a small section of gameplay, taking control of a hind, so we get a look at the gameplay for controlling the copter. Looks nice actually. For an opening, it was pretty decent. November 9th. COD will be getting game add-ons and map packs first for the next 3 years of COD games.

Bringing in Kojima straight off the bat. Going for some MGS Rising this time, and i think a project for the Kinect? Seemed vague there.

Zan-Datsu means to Cut and take, and MGS: Rising seems less focused on the old stealth style gameplay, but more on slice n dicing. The way you aim the way you slice seems almost like Kinect has a use, but nothing really mentioned.

Back