Does anyone else here hate Duffy?

Do YOU Hate Duffy?

• Yes!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hmmm... I thought Mercy was ok, but Warwick Avenue or whatever it is annoys me. D:
Your dad put S4C? That's the Welsh channel isn't it?
I always put the French channel on.

Maxon said:
Spyro201 said:
RetroRainbow said:
No, because I was completely and utterly overwhelmed at seeing her, actually singing in front of me. She meant to play last year, too, but she pulled out at the last moment. It happens to a lot of people; you spend so much time listening to an artist's music, and you come to adore it, and then you finally see them.
Why don't I like metal? Well, everyone has their preferences, right? I'm more of a Regina Spektor type person~ vastly different genres. I could never like metal. I dislike the way they 'sing', most metal I've experienced has the lead 'singer' screaming down a microphone. Or the music in general.

Its not really screaming... its more of a roar/growl.

And last year, yeah, why did she pull out? Cause shes a waste of matter. Shes a drugged up alcy, she deserves no fame. What kinda impression is that on youths "Yeh, go take drugs, and drink alot, sing about how your life SUCKS and get famous for it".

I have no respect for her at all.
I guess you're not a Kurt Cobain fan either. :p

I hate Kurt Cobain too, yes.

Spyro201 said:
Maxon said:
Spyro201 said:
RetroRainbow said:
No, because I was completely and utterly overwhelmed at seeing her, actually singing in front of me. She meant to play last year, too, but she pulled out at the last moment. It happens to a lot of people; you spend so much time listening to an artist's music, and you come to adore it, and then you finally see them.
Why don't I like metal? Well, everyone has their preferences, right? I'm more of a Regina Spektor type person~ vastly different genres. I could never like metal. I dislike the way they 'sing', most metal I've experienced has the lead 'singer' screaming down a microphone. Or the music in general.

And last year, yeah, why did she pull out? Cause shes a waste of matter. Shes a drugged up alcy, she deserves no fame. What kinda impression is that on youths "Yeh, go take drugs, and drink alot, sing about how your life SUCKS and get famous for it".

??!?!?! I hate you too!!!!

Spyro201 said:
I cant stand these **** singers getting hits. Why doesnt everyone listen to people who have TALENT. Leona Lewis, Amy Whinehouse, Duffy? They all have NO talent. Why not listen to someone who spent YEARS practising guitar to get the skill level they are, shredding it up on an album, with quite frankly, better vocal ability than these others. Way more sense. Metal ftw.
Err, why don't you just listens to jazz and blues then? Metal has no one the level of jaco pastorius!!! Or maybe fusion jazz with amazing guys like satriani or vai? while you telling us you hate someone is acceptable, I don't think it's ok to say they have no talent. I hate the guts of amy winehouse and my life would have been better without knowing that Duff was the name of a singer and not only the beer in the simpsoms (wait her name is duffy, rigth? anyway...)

Name one guy in metal that can play like this and I'll concede
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ddn4MGaS3N4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ddn4MGaS3N4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chaos said:
Spyro201 said:
Maxon said:
Spyro201 said:
RetroRainbow said:

??!?!?! I hate you too!!!!

Spyro201 said:
I cant stand these **** singers getting hits. Why doesnt everyone listen to people who have TALENT. Leona Lewis, Amy Whinehouse, Duffy? They all have NO talent. Why not listen to someone who spent YEARS practising guitar to get the skill level they are, shredding it up on an album, with quite frankly, better vocal ability than these others. Way more sense. Metal ftw.
Err, why don't you just listens to jazz and blues then? Metal has no one the level of jaco pastorius!!! Or maybe fusion jazz with amazing guys like satriani or vai? while you telling us you hate someone is acceptable, I don't think it's ok to say they have no talent. I hate the guts of amy winehouse and my life would have been better without knowing that Duff was the name of a singer and not only the beer in the simpsoms (wait her name is duffy, rigth? anyway...)

Name one guy in metal that can play like this and I'll concede
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ddn4MGaS3N4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ddn4MGaS3N4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He's gimmic playing, and the song isn't even that technically complicated anyway, meaning he's medicore at best.

@Kurogane: out of interest, can you actually play guitar? That is, the guy is using a gimmicky way of fretting and his guitar is probably in open G tuning or similar but it still takes timing and quite a bit of technical proficiency...more than thrashy power chords but then different musicians have strengths in different areas.

I've never been overwhelmed by the Malmsteen/Vai school because it comes across as merely showing off - the likes of Dave Guilmour and Kevin Shields impress me more despite the fact that they don't play those mega-fast licks. It's all about the 'feeling' and 'soul' that goes into it IMO.

Back o/t, Duffy seems to be one of those artists who is plucked out of obscurity because she's similar in style to someone else who's currently popular. I don't dislike her music but I do dislike the marketing and publicity practices that the industry is using.

Martin said:
@Kurogane: out of interest, can you actually play guitar? That is, the guy is using a gimmicky way of fretting and his guitar is probably in open G tuning or similar but it still takes timing and quite a bit of technical proficiency...more than thrashy power chords but then different musicians have strengths in different areas.

I've never been overwhelmed by the Malmsteen/Vai school because it comes across as merely showing off - the likes of Dave Guilmour and Kevin Shields impress me more despite the fact that they don't play those mega-fast licks. It's all about the 'feeling' and 'soul' that goes into it IMO.

Back o/t, Duffy seems to be one of those artists who is plucked out of obscurity because she's similar in style to someone else who's currently popular. I don't dislike her music but I do dislike the marketing and publicity practices that the industry is using.

I can say I do play guitar, and i belive Kurogane plays a bit, but I wont speak for him, and I can tell you Mustaine/Laiho/Friedman all are far better than him.

Martin said:

Did for quite a while, but practising has been put to rest for like the past year or something.

I can understand that playing in such a way must take a long time (I;ve actually seen that way of playing before, by two Jamaican blokes who did a rendition of Rollercoaster of Love), but just because the very fact that the technique is different, doesn't mean it's automatically better than everything done the conventional way.

Spyro201 said:
Kurogane said:
CitizenGeek said:
I like Duffy, but she's not anywhere near as fantastic as Amy Winehouse! :]

Mistake.

Duffy's voice makes me wretch with hatred and anger, but Amy Winehouse is just a waste of matter entirely.

At last. Thats my kinda level :lol:

I'm all for metal, but if everyone liked the same genre of music, the world would be a very boring place ^^.

Deidara said:
Spyro201 said:
Kurogane said:
CitizenGeek said:
I like Duffy, but she's not anywhere near as fantastic as Amy Winehouse! :]

Mistake.

Duffy's voice makes me wretch with hatred and anger, but Amy Winehouse is just a waste of matter entirely.

At last. Thats my kinda level :lol:

I'm all for metal, but if everyone liked the same genre of music, the world would be a very boring place ^^.

Agreed. Thats why we have "Emo".

Kurogane said:
I can understand that playing in such a way must take a long time (I;ve actually seen that way of playing before, by two Jamaican blokes who did a rendition of Rollercoaster of Love), but just because the very fact that the technique is different, doesn't mean it's automatically better than everything done the conventional way.
It doesn't. One of my most beloved band of all times, and I bet many people around here as well, almost only uses the very basic stuff. Well done, of course, but never too fancy. I'm talking about Iron Maiden here.

I'll drop my weak attempt at an argument, because as Spyro correctly pointed to me, I was talking out of my A**.

I believe most people have a redeeming characteristic. Even Duffy and Amy although I dislike them from the depths of my soul. What would be their redeeming characteristic? Their popularity alone. While I can understand your reluctance to call them musicians, but still, I think they should be considered entertainers of sorts. But once again, it's definitely not worth start an argument over the likes of Duffy and Amy.

I've also did told Spyro that I find Children of Bodom boring - big mistake! I barely escaped death. Let me elaborate it a bit, now that I'm thinking a bit clearer. I never said they are not good, what I wanted to say is that they don't appeal to me.

Long time ago I used to love Entombed and Obituary (I've checked the children of bodom at wiki and they point these bands as influences), Hollowman is a great album, but I can't really listen to those guys as often as I did once.

On the other hand, over the years, my tastes changed a bit, I started listening giving pop a go, although I must admit most pop stuff I like are from the 70's and 80's. Added a few pop singers as well and started listening to blues and jazz more often than I used to.

Hope this makes more sense than the previous one.

chaos said:
I believe most people have a redeeming characteristic. Even Duffy and Amy although I dislike them from the depths of my soul. What would be their redeeming characteristic? Their popularity alone. While I can understand your reluctance to call them musicians, but still, I think they should be considered entertainers of sorts. But once again, it's definitely not worth start an argument over the likes of Duffy and Amy.

Entertainers in the wrong way. :lol:

They dont entertain us with Music (in Amys case), its more looking at how low-she-can-go. With Duffy its just aggrivation.

chaos said:
I've also did told Spyro that I find Children of Bodom boring - big mistake! I barely escaped death.

Hehehehe....

TRASHBAT said:
Don't even know who she is.

Here's some advice......don't find out.
it'll save you from the boring, moaning noise and talentlesnes that the simple group adore and follow like sheep.
sheep that need mint sauce adding to their lives :twisted:

i'll give her credit, atleast she doesn't write songs about refusing rehab because of a drug problem that will probually kill her before 2020

Back