Doctor Who Discussion

Yeah the new special features asides from the lacklustre Castrovalva one are all very good. It was nice to have some input from Waterhouse since he wasn’t around for The Visitation Special Edition. The commentary for Time Flight is funny too, they really struggle to get through it.

How will they screw the Daleks over this time? They’ve rarely fared well in NuWho, always getting defeated in underwhelming and half-cooked ways. The Cybermen have gotten it worst though (getting killed off by James Corden’s baby being a particular low-point.)

So finally my US Season 12 BD shipped i knows it the wrong frame rate, different title and different box type but BBC just seem not want to acknowledge reprinting it (Weird as I feel S19 has more copies than 12 did as im seeing it in more HMVs than I saw 12) and I need to own Genesis in near best quality

Tom Baker truly is wonderful, even at 85 he’s still full of wit and charm. Makes me hope they’ve filmed enough new content for the season 13-17 Blu Rays.

I reckon Seasons 13 and 14 will be the last non B&W sets released. There’s rumours of Season 17 being on the cards as the next Baker season.

Of course they might bring 13 and 14 out sooner and maybe sell them alongside seasons that may not perform as strongly.

It looks like it’s going Baker then non Baker so I feel S10 or S26 is next but why they doing the seasons of Baker people don’t like much. At least S17 has City of Death

I suspect they’re getting the less popular Baker stuff, so 15-17 out first because they want to keep the bigger sellers, 13-14 until later on in the life cycle of season releases.

Season 10 was apparently confirmed by the Australian distributor and 26 by an interview with one of the actresses who worked on the serial “Curse of Fenric” for a December 2019 release.

I suspect it’ll go for 2019: 18, 10, 17, 26. Could be wrong though and they may slot in something like another Davison season or maybe even Season 22 in place of 17 in that sequence.

Indeed, though thankfully both have a fair amount of contribution on existing material and commentaries which is great.

Maybe the bonus disc for Season 10 will have a Katy Manning interview.

Speaking of Pertwee, I’ve been watching The Mind of Evil from Season 8. The effort to colour (by hand no less) the first episode and then recolour the remaining five is quite the achievement, though I can definitely see how they might struggle to restore it further for Blu Ray, especially in regards to the flickering colours on some interior scenes.

Last edited:
Bill and Nardole were honestly amongst the best companions NuWho has had, a shame they were stuck with Moffat’s aimless and retcon-filled storytelling. Companions should stay dead, not dues-ex’d back by water beings.
Making a companion a cyberman was the master at their most evil Which worked for missy and the contrast. Shame the doctor falls damaged the set up...

Yeah the setup was great but the payoff was dreadful, which basically sums up most of the Dalek and Cybermen stories in NuWho really.

Watched Genesis of the Daleks. The last time I watched it was when it was originally aired. It was a different experience viewing it on the sofa rather than behind it 🙂
I loved the 'Total Destruct' button and the fact Davros has a life support button in plain view 😂 And of course, the Daleks, THE SUPREME BEINGS - as long as the floor is flat and there are no stairs 🤣

Back