Do you think anime in the uk has grown?

pomtry said:
There should be a place in middlesbrough or any where infact where people who are fans of anime and manga can meet but the thing is not many people like to say that they like manga or anime they feel embaresed. Probably because they think there to old to watch cartoons

Not on my course because most of the people are studying to make cartoons. So all of us have to watch some form of animation on a semi-regular basis.

random_pie said:
Not on my course because most of the people are studying to make cartoons. So all of us have to watch some form of animation on a semi-regular basis.

Do u like watching them?

I dunno, they used to show anime films that were licensed by Manga Entertainment in the early 90’s and there was Sci-fi’s anime slot around 2001/2, so I’m going to say no, it’s got worse in terms of mainstream media.

I think people believe that it’s bigger because the accessibility of the Internet.

Compared to 6, or 7 years ago, it has made many in roads in our visual media. I mean just seeing a commercial like the Manga Force advert we just recently saw on the terrestrial channels, would have been just a pipe dream back then, and as mentioned already with the steady increase of new titles being released each month, things have never been better. However having said that we still have a long way to go until we are in parity with the US, or even France, who have much more in the way of anime and manga licenses. When the distributors start using our studios for dubbing, that's when we can say we've made it to the top drawer. :wink:

Back